Bluelight

Thread: Seroquel question

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Seroquel question 
    i've taken seraquil before and it was nice. i was curious whether it was a good idea to snort a pill? or is it better to just ingest it? thanks

2. Collapse Details

dont snort it. dont even try to get high by eating it. it can cause severe side effects. if you must use it do so in the 25-50mg range for sleep. not recreational and potentially dangerous in high doses.

3. Collapse Details

Bluelight Crew paranoid android's Avatar
    Thumbs down
    Why in the name of god would you want to snort seroquel? It's not a recreational drug it's a atypical anti-psychotic used for schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. It's also quite good as a sleep aid.

I take seroquel for bipolar and i cant see how anybody could find this drug fun. It just keep's me from climbing the wall's and flipping out. It work's quite good for that purpose.

If you happen to like seroquel take it orally. I have no idea if it work's when you snort it but it kick's in fairly fast when you take it orally anyway. It reaches peak plasma level's in about 1.5 hour's.

Dont go taking high doses of the stuff if your not used to it because it will be pretty goddamn unpleasant and possibly dangerous. 25mg's will probley make you pretty drowsy if your not used to the stuff and have no problem's like schizophrenia and bipolar.

4. Collapse Details

You definitely don't want to snort Seroquel.. and at the same time.. it's not anything you would want to try and use recreationally. It will just sedate you and make you extremely tired most likely.. unless you have some sort of bipolar disorder.. because it is an anti-psychotic.. but it is also sometimes prescribed for sleep. I am actually prescribed it for sleep.. At one point a long time ago, I was on about 800 mg (very high dose).. and I was like a zombie after I took it. Now I am only on 50mg.. and it works pretty good for me (for sleep).. but it's nothing for recreational use, unless you just like the sedating effects (I guess?). Either way don't snort it.. if you must take it all, just ingest it.

5. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    What a worthless drug for recreational use...

I took around 50mg for no real reason and it knocked me out about an hour later...got 10 hours of sleep...woke up and had a nasty hangover for several more hours.

6. Collapse Details

No rec. value AT ALL, but it does give very vivid dreams.

7. Collapse Details

I don't know man.. I guess it probably depends on the person.. Like I said, I am on 50 mg for sleep at night.. unless I stay with my girl or something.. I would sleep fine if she was here..lol.. but anyways, I don't remember many of my dreams.. wish I did..lol

8. Collapse Details
    500mg 
    Capsule
    im prescribed 500mg seroquel daily for bi-polar related mania-induced schizophrenia.

i dont take them every day cause some days i just dont feel like it.
    i take seroquel for one of four reason, either:

1. because im starting to have a schizophrenic episode and do crazy things (like last week i forgot to take my pill when i knew i had an episode and i ended up snorting an entire bottle of cinnamon mixed with powdered sugar)

2. to get to sleep when i have insomnia and am too bored to be awake.

3. sometimes i crave getting high. i dont care with what or how, i just want to get high, and if i pop a seroquel it takes the craving away, just makes me feel normal again.

and

4. to have fun.

if im going to have a pill to have fun i usually take one of my 50mg pills (doctor gives me sample packs cause im too poor to fill my prescription, it has a 50mg, a 100mg, a 200mg and a 300mg pill in it).

but to have fun with it i dont want to pop it cause that just makes you tired and feel level headed and normal.

to have fun with it, cut off the coating, chop it and snort it. ambien has a worse burn than seroquel does, and tastes much worse than seroquel. infact, ive snorted a 10mg of ambien and 1/5 lines of my 50mg seroquel, equating to 10mg of each, just now.

if you snort seroquel in just the right dosage, not too high, not too low (takes practice to figure out the right ammount) then you will trip BALLS for about a half hour then become very tired, but not as tired as eating it.

i recomend snorting seroquel, but start with an abnormally low dosage, like 5mg ( thats 1/10 of a 50mg pill) and work your way up 2mg at a time every day until you find the perfect tripping dose for you to snort.

that dosage doesnt change either, so once you find the magic number remember it for future seroquel sniffing.

also, one last thing, you build up a tolerance to seroquel very quickly, if you take an equal ammoutn every day it wont even make you sleepy after 3 days to a week. after my first week on seroquel after stocking up, i have to take 1000mg to put me to sleep at night.

and dont worry, i get my liver checked all the time for my medications.

peace!

9. Collapse Details

My personal experience has led me to absolutely CRINGE at the post above me. I was prescribed for Bi-polar disorder, and for sleeping. For a while it worked good to knock you out... for a very long time. Then once in a while I'd experience horrriiiidddd Restless Leg Syndrome. The last time I ever took it- the RLS was SO bad I actually had to go to the hospital. Where.. there couldn't do anything about it for me, in some cases this can be permanent-
    Last edited by ObE; 23-02-2009 at 09:23.

10. Collapse Details

Somewhere between Eden and North Utopia. Somewhere beneath the astral plain
    First off, although irrelevant, its spelled 'Seroquel' not Seraquil.

Second, Seroquel has no recreational value to begin with so don't snort it

Quetiapine is an atypical antipsychotic prescribed for bipolar and schizophrenia (and some other off-label disorders). It knocks the shit out of you but it doesn't get you high or give a buzz like a benzodiazepine hypnotic (Triazolam, Temazepam). I have bipolar but never was prescribed it for my disorder. I was though prescribed it temporarily more than a few times for sleep until I found out that it can cause permanent muscle problems.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stirfry View Post
    dont snort it. dont even try to get high by eating it. it can cause severe side effects. if you must use it do so in the 25-50mg range for sleep. not recreational and potentially dangerous in high doses.
    Listen to this guy. Once when I was young (I'm not really much older now) and stupid (that hasn't changed much either) I snorted about 25mg of Seroquel. Worst idea ever. It hurt, it had a very heavy body load, and just made my attempt at getting some sleep after a night of cocaine indulgence much harder. Feels bad man.

12. Collapse Details

I don't understand anyone who snorts serquel... shit just makes me sleep (which is why I have a prescrip) and if I REALLY try to stay away, I just feel weird and dizzy, not a good high (if you can even call it that).

Never tried snorting it, snorting anti-psychotics just sounds like a bad idea.

13. Collapse Details

I snorted half a 25mg pill in rehab so I could fall asleep instantly once.

Did the job well, thats about all I can say about that.

14. Collapse Details

Okay this shit can get real scary if u over do it, last thursday i ate 1200mg of seroquil yea i know bad idea right, i had fogotton i had taken 600mg and ate another 600mg this can cause fatal ass shit to happen and when ur reading about the symptoms of fatal shit with seroquil while they are happening its scary as hell.
    Drowsiness
    Rapid heart rate (tachycardia)
    Low blood pressure (hypotension)
    Low blood potassium (hypokalemia)
    Irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia)
    Coma
    Loss of life.

15. Collapse Details

I find it useful for crashing off stimulants. Just knocks you out, and lets you sleep.

if taken long term, high dosage, antipsychotics can have very nasty side effects.

but lets not over state them either...prochlorperazine is OTC in the UK for migraine/neasua due to migraine, in a low dosage, for 2 days miximum use. Its a nasty, old school phenothiazine, much much nastier then seroquel.

Just dont try to get high from it, use it for sleep/come down/trip aborting.

16. Collapse Details

1200 mg??? That's crazy. Goddamn. The most I've ever taken was 350 mg and that's after years of taking seroquel daily for sleep.

And yeah, seroquel is great for crashing, also great for taking 4/5 hour naps if you're a daily user.

17. Collapse Details

I actually have snorted it before a few years back, all that happens is you get drowsy and relaxed, and also your body feels good, of course that is in a low dosage, in high you usually pass out but you can also become restless and in a drunken state pretty much, but in low doses(between 10mg and 100mg) it can make you feel pretty good,

18. Collapse Details

I take Seroquel as it was prescribed to me, and if you're looking to use it recreationally I wouldn't bother. But if you must, I wouldn't bother snorting it. The effects are quite strong and happen within minutes of just ingesting a pill. Don't go crazy, you have to work your way up to large doses when it is prescribed, go easy and try 12.5mg. Also, if you take it regularly, watch out how quickly you stand up because it might make you faint.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rangrz View Post
    I find it useful for crashing off stimulants. Just knocks you out, and lets you sleep.

if taken long term, high dosage, antipsychotics can have very nasty side effects.

but lets not over state them either...prochlorperazine is OTC in the UK for migraine/neasua due to migraine, in a low dosage, for 2 days miximum use. Its a nasty, old school phenothiazine, much much nastier then seroquel.

Just dont try to get high from it, use it for sleep/come down/trip aborting.
    Prochlorperazine isn't available OTC in UK.

20. Collapse Details

Forget Seroquel!

There was a day I had lots to do.
    She told me to take only half the Seroquel.
    I laughed and took the whole thing.
    I was comatose for hours and didnt remember my dreams.

(I had to)

21. Collapse Details

^Whoever told you take Seroquel when you had lots to do, if they had EVER taken the drug before, is a complete idiot.

Seroquel is a SLEEP aid, it is extremely useful for that... it is the opposite of any stimulant.

22. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Beth_Amphetamine View Post
    Prochlorperazine isn't available OTC in UK.
    buccastem brand name was/is OTC...may of been pulled from market. but it was OTC to the best of my knowldege.

just checked, yeah, its back to rx now...but for a while it was OTC product. I guess they realized strong typical neuroleptics shouldnt be in the hands of your average person. <spasses out with some tounge movements>

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    i've taken seraquil before and it was nice. i was curious whether it was a good idea to snort a pill? or is it better to just ingest it? thanks
    Seroquel is for people like me that are bipolar. It keeps me from going manic and psychotic. I don't think it's something that you would want to use recreationally. Save it for the people who need to be on it.

24. Collapse Details

I took seroquil in rehab and it zombified me, took it one night at a house i was living at cause i couldnt sleep, ended up being late for work and felt like i had a nasty kpin hangover for half the day. chugged 3 energy drinks at work and that barely helped me wake up.

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_mia_wallace View Post
    ^Whoever told you take Seroquel when you had lots to do, if they had EVER taken the drug before, is a complete idiot.

Seroquel is a SLEEP aid, it is extremely useful for that... it is the opposite of any stimulant.
    Well, they didnt know. And I obviously didnt know what I was in for. I was a major pill head then so I thought I could eat anything and be good.

I could have totally been date-raped.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast