• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Seroquel question

Me and my friend blew a mixture of seroquel and lorazepam a couple times and it potentiated the lorazepam nicely. So for me it was very recreational, another possibility is that we were already pretty fucked up and the seroquel didn't do much (we always did it at the end of the night). Anyone know how to turn seroquel xr into ir, I know you can't just crush it

I just feel sedated quicker after snorting it. A small amount is nice, makes me relaxed ike a benzo and i can nap if i want. It doesnt burn as bad as alot of things do, id say its definatley tolerable to rail it.

benzos and seroquel etc

I had to join up on this site because of all my searches and such i found this site more fun and informative.
I just have to say one thing about snorting benzos..why bother??? well like someone posted before that i read ,its more about the fun of doing it and the preperation of it all.
okay i have read you can snort clonazepams so i did it haveing a perscription for it and other drugs ...
Ill say that snorting clones are alright ,they dont burn or taste real bad but as others have said they dont realy do anything for ya cept what goes down the throat.
P.S. i would almost always take a couple at the same time oraly 2mg.
So ya you can do it for fun if ya want but sucking on them or swallowing them is much better for ya.
Now as for seroquel from what i have read,also haveing practically an unlimited supply of 200mg pills i checked into snorting those as well and lets just say from what i read theres no way ill do it even for fun.
I cant see them tasteing good or doing any better than oral.
I personaly take 600 mg of seroquel with 6 mg of clonazepams and 60 mg of temazepams for my dissorders and for sleep and believe it or not sometimes i still dont sleep.but in general they do work the majority of the time.
I went on here to see if i could snort temazepams simply because i figured 30mg pills or rather capsules have straight poweder in them and thought it may work better but upon ferthur study NO is the answer to that question.
the full effects of temazepams or restoril have a very high concentration oraly .you cannot get any higher taking them any other way so i didnt even bother with ferthur investigation in this matter.
Now i would say that i have taken just about everything you can take and it seems that there realy is no other better way to take these pills other than oraly ,though i do once and awhile still crush up a 2mg clone and snort it and take a few oraly ,its more for the fun factor which seems to be what most people do it for .
If your trying to snort these pills for any other reason than to try and get higher than you would rather than taking them oraly STOP because it just wont happen.
If you wanna snort get stuff thats made to snort meth coke whatever do not snort benzos or especially seroquel from what ive read if you do not have the rite tollerance you can actually die from doing this ,trust me take 600 mg and if you dont feel all drowsy and clumsy from that then move on.i dont even recomend you take that much its just i have a very high tollerance for all benzos and related drugs.....
Play safe people pills are pills for a reason,they are ment to be swallowed,i will give one little exception xanax can be snorted if you like the burn go for it but munching on them and waiting will get you higher than snorting ever will...thanx for letting me vent and i will answer any questions about almost everything from stripping codiene from tylenal 1s so that you get practically straight codien though there are sites out there explaining cold water extraction so just look on the net but as far as pills i know alot as i have probably been on them all....
PEACE play safe....8o

One thing to remember about Seroquel is that one of the risks of taking it as prescribed is sudden death - that's one reason few doctors will prescribe it purely as a sleep aid even though it's a very effective one.

Just swallow the XR if you want to use it for coming down. One of the reasons it was developed is because IR Seroquel has a very short half-life (about 6 hours) - the longer half-life of the XR version is to your advantage if you're using it to come down.

The only antipsychotic I've had is Risperidone, 0.5mg twice daily for a few months (possibly close to a year). I was only eight years old so I don't remember it well, but it's literally the last drug I'd think of doing for fun, and I did Benadryl for fun. Well, actually it wasn't fun, but it's ok when you just need to be numbed and don't have any real anxiolytics left. It's also not bad on those strange days when alcohol is just too disgusting.

@futurama140
I think the term 'trip BALLS' is a little on the extreme side. I've gotten strange and fun highs from zopiclone (search on web, don't ask), but I would only call it a borderline trip if I had a few drinks. I don't always consider salvia a trip even when I get insane hallucinations from it (I call it an extreme hallucinogenic high, just as marijuana is a hallucinogen but doesn't really make you trip. lol)
To trip on an antipsychotic makes me think you might be overdosing... it's the very opposite of 'real' psychedelic trips.

I'd probably consider it slightly recreational if I was still having extreme paranoia and anxiety, but now that it's a little less severe, I can't imagine taking more than 50mg (I think), and only at bedtime.

You also mentioned that the dosage doesn't change, yet tolerance builds very quickly. Can you explain this?

Don't snort it first of all they are almost impossible to crush and if you do manage to crush then snort them it will feel like someone scraping the inside of you're nose with barbed wire and if you blow you're nose after there will be blood clots

Thoughts on Seroquel crushing & ingestion

[OK, this is long, but recreational use of large doses of Seroquel frightens me. I do not want people unnecessarily hurt.]
[Check the end if you think I'm one of those idiotic anti-drug crusader.]

Wow! I've heard of people taking 25 or 50mg to help them sleep or counteract excess stimulation. But there is NO NEED to snort. I often crush mine - my pdoc actually told me to, if I couldn't sleep or I was drifting into "bat country".

I suspect nasal inhalation may actually waste it, especially the xr stuff, which is a fairly complex product, not like a benzo. It requires not just ingestion, but digestion. Believe me, crushing and swallowing with water will get it to act plenty fast.

I empty it from my pill crusher into a dixie cup with the top inch cut off, tap it out into my mouth, then drink enough water to clean my mouth out. DO NOT skimp on the water, go with at least 8 oz. Too many people assume less water = more potency. WRONG. (It'll also take at least that amount to get the powder out of your mouth - that shit is STICKY!)

I've never had trouble crushing them. I roughly cut 'em into 4 pieces, put them in my $5 crusher from CVS, and away I go.

DO NOT PUT THE CRUSHED POWDER INTO A LIQUID. It turns into a glue and is a huge pain the ass.

Final thoughts on Seroquel:
I'm on 600mg. I take 200mg (xr, whole) in the morning and either roughly chop up or totally crush the 400 mg at night. My pdoc said something vague about it being manufactured "in some kind of matrix". I do know just cutting it half will not make a difference.

But I have to say - if you are not prescribed this medication, and not taking the same dose every day, anything above 50mg CAN cause SERIOUS HARM - WITH NO POSITIVE (i.e. enjoyable) EFFECTS AT ALL.

In other words - HIGH RISK = ZERO PAYOFF.

I'm not some kind of antidrug loon - I was an IV heroin addict for 7 years (Now on 4mg suboxone maintenance treatment, I got that down from a couple years of 130mg methadone maintenance.) I've taken over 300 hits of LSD (back in the 90's, when I could trust it was LSD. God I miss those gelcaps). I've taken more X than many people will see in their lives (really, a couple dozen hits were necessary to survive a weekend long rave. Ah, I miss the 90's)

Besides the seroquel & subs, I'm on 450mg of Wellbutrin, & 400mg of Lamictal. Yes, those are all rather high doses. I'm (currently, at least) diagnosed with Bipolar I w/ recurrent incidents of Psychosis. I've had almost as many different diagnoses as mood changes! Don't let anyone tell you psychiatry is an exact science.

Last edited:
My first experience with it (bi-polar) was pretty scary. The initial dose was too high at the time, and ended me up in hospital. I had stopped breathing a couple of times, had convulsions, and nearly a full-blown fit, all because my heart rate had dropped too low. Do not play with this stuff, it will kill you if you get it wrong. My partner is the only reason I am still alive, she woke up to me and called ambulance services. You may not be so lucky.

Well in my opinion, and I've tried eating & sniffing it, just eat it. It's got a rather unfriendly burn and honestly, all that burn isn't worth it. You'll get the same effect by eating it, just takes a little longer.
That's something I've had to learn the hard way: Sometimes patience pays off. I only sniffed it because I didn't wanna wait for it to kick in, boy was I wishing I'd waited lol.

Burns your throat and tastes vile when it gets stuck if you are really dumb like me and sometimes take your pills dry, never mind snorting them. Not as bad as the Amitriptyline i used to have to take though but nearly. :|[FONT=arial, sans-serif] would never think of wanting to snort one no matter how wasted i was. Get them to help me sleep through a doctor, they are good for getting you to sleep but not sleeping the night through in my opinion.[/FONT]

can it be smoked? not looking for the same lecture responses, but curious to see if anyones tried it..what would happen if you chase it on foil.. or does it have more bio availability eaten...

Using neuroleptics / antipsychotics / dopamine antagonists just for their side effects (mainly H1 and adrenergic antagonism) is a somewhat odd practice of these days. It probably won't hurt if dosed that low, but neuroleptics are really one hell of drugs when taken at effective dosages for people who don't have acute psychosis..

OTC doxylamine does the same without the DA antagonism. Or hydroxyzine, clonidine, etc.

But snorting. Smoking. Uh?

As someone who is bipolar and has taken Seroquel in high doses under doctor's orders, this stuff is bad news and you do NOT want to mess with it.

In high doses, Seroquel can cause tonic spasm of the respiratory and swallowing muscles, tonic/clonic spasms of the large voluntary muscle groups to the point of causing falling and even bone fractures. It causes akithesia at any dose: a charming sensation of wanting to crawl out of one's own skin and being unable to hold still.

Taken regularly? Well, weight gain, excessive appetite, increased blood glucose, increased bad cholesterol, increased triglycerides.

Tardive dyskenesia, a condition of nervous involuntary movements of small muscles such as those of the tongue and facial muscles.

To add to Seroquel's recreational abilities, the various side effects often don't go away after use of the drug is ceased. PLEASE, it's reasonably safe used in small doses for sleep if patient is monitored closely by medical personnel experienced with prescribing this drug, but do NOT attempt to use it other than as prescribed.

I have permanent damage from Seroquel, used on label in on label doses.

I've taken 30mg seroquel, 2000mg of gabapentin. I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow. Im going to ask for more benzos. ANY SUGGESTIONS?