• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids For those who snort oxycodone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no "best way." That was the whole point of my rant.

I personally only snort it, but then again, I have no tolerance and only snort small doses. If I had a huge tolerance, I'd eat it, because when you snort a mountain of powder it all just goes into your lungs anyway, and I wouldn't want to have lungs full of pill junk.

are u actually smart in this situation or making this up cuz thats very interesting becuase im pretty sure everyone on this site thinks BA has a lot to do with the high...

how much "power" of an oxycontin would be "too much"? 40mgs?, 20mg , 80?

are u actually smart in this situation or making this up cuz thats very interesting becuase im pretty sure everyone on this site thinks BA has a lot to do with the high...

Well my I.Q. is 142, so I'd like to think I'm smart in all situations. As for the situation at hand, there are NO statistics on the BA of Oxycontin. Oxycontin is not Oxycodone.

It's a simply concept, yet no one on this forum seems to grasp it. The BA of PURE oxycodone is based on administering a low-dose solution (usually ~10mg via a few drops) intranasally. The BA is then based on blood serum levels, tested at varying time intervals. This has NOTHING to do with the BA of Oxycontin.

how much "powder" of an oxycontin would be "too much"? 40mgs?, 20mg , 80?

Test for yourself. I can't tell you the volume of your own sinus cavity. But me personally, I can snort about 15mg of oxycontin and then my nasal passages will be full. If I snort 20mg of oxycontin, there is a considerable amount that goes into my lungs, because at this point I have to struggle not to cough (and if I do, you'll see me cough up powder - that's the powder that was in my lungs).

Bottom line, BA % means nothing because we aren't talking about putting a few drops of oxycodone or amphetamine solution into our nostrils and letting it soak in; we're inhaling large mountains of pill powder via oxycontin, roxycodone, adderall, etc.

Huge, huge difference. And I've posted a certain statistic a million times before on this forum; they did a test on rats, where they sealed off their eyes, mouthes, and ears, then put them in a chamber filled with drug vapor. The study proved that the nasal passages (where ALL of the drug entered the rats) was only responsible for some 10% of the absorption; the rest was absorbed by the lungs and mostly the GI.

I'll put this into layman's terms for everyone: If the BA of drug X is 80% orally and 60% intranasally, and you snort a big pile of drug X, you're going to be absorbing at least 80% of it. As long as the drug enters your body, it will be absorbed by various mucosa in the nose, throat, lungs, stomach, etc.

Well my I.Q. is 142, so I'd like to think I'm smart in all situations. As for the situation at hand, there are NO statistics on the BA of Oxycontin. Oxycontin is not Oxycodone.

Oxycontin is a extended release formulation of oxycodone. Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

I'd eat 60 then wait for it to kick in and snort the last 20 for a little rush. That always how i got most satisfied by an OC 80. Never stuck anything up the bum though, just doesnt seem pleasant to me.

Last edited:
Well, having an IQ of 142 is impressive. That certainly has most of us beat, but you're just making up the 10% figure when you're talking about what's getting absorbed by the nasal passages (mucus membranes). My guess is that it's more like 30% and another %30-50 percent gets absorbed by other organs, but I don't claim to know. It seems that since oxy is freely soluble in water and lipid soluble, more of it would be absorbed if you managed to hold the powder in your nasal cavity properly. 10% of the OC getting absorbed by your mucus membranes might be roughly accurate for taking a roxicodone 5mg tab or something low dose, an OC20 isn't ideal for snorting either. If you irrigate your nose 20-30 minutes after snorting and swallow the water or saline solution effectively cleaning your nasal passage of any powder, it should be nearly as effective as oral administration.
When you add possible increased peak plasma concentrations into the equation, it makes intra-nasal administration of oxycodone (especially in pills containing a high percentage of oxycodone) appealing IMHO.

It's a simply concept, yet no one on this forum seems to grasp it. The BA of PURE oxycodone is based on administering a low-dose solution (usually ~10mg via a few drops) intranasally. The BA is then based on blood serum levels, tested at varying time intervals. This has NOTHING to do with the BA of Oxycontin.

Test for yourself. I can't tell you the volume of your own sinus cavity. But me personally, I can snort about 15mg of oxycontin and then my nasal passages will be full. If I snort 20mg of oxycontin, there is a considerable amount that goes into my lungs, because at this point I have to struggle not to cough (and if I do, you'll see me cough up powder - that's the powder that was in my lungs).

Bottom line, BA % means nothing because we aren't talking about putting a few drops of oxycodone or amphetamine solution into our nostrils and letting it soak in; we're inhaling large mountains of pill powder via oxycontin, roxycodone, adderall, etc.

Huge, huge difference. And I've posted a certain statistic a million times before on this forum; they did a test on rats, where they sealed off their eyes, mouthes, and ears, then put them in a chamber filled with drug vapor. The study proved that the nasal passages (where ALL of the drug entered the rats) was only responsible for some 10% of the absorption; the rest was absorbed by the lungs and mostly the GI.

I'll put this into layman's terms for everyone: If the BA of drug X is 80% orally and 60% intranasally, and you snort a big pile of drug X, you're going to be absorbing at least 80% of it. As long as the drug enters your body, it will be absorbed by various mucosa in the nose, throat, lungs, stomach, etc.

edit:

hydrouser: Yes, oxycontin is time release oxycodone. I believe the actual oxycodone is in hcl form just like with any other pill containing "pure" oxycodone. However, depending on the brand, crushing the pills is all you need to do in order to effectively break the time release. This is true with name brand pills at least. There are a few brands including teva that gel up when they come in contact with liquid. Those pills are more of a pain to deal with and aren't ideal for intra-nasal admin. They have the "dreaded wax matrix" (mscontin style). Dissolving the powder from a teva oc in a few ml alcohol and then evaporating it might work, but letting the solution soak for a few hours and then drinking it is a better idea.

Last edited:
I just snort it for a quick onset, even if the BA is lower and the high lasts shorter. And I love the whole ritual of snorting...Crushing, making lines, finding something good to snort out of, snorting it...It's great.

I don't particularly enjoy the high I get when I eat or parachute oxy's.....it's too sedating for me
I like snorting them because it gives me an energy rush
to hell with bioavailability :)
to each their own

but you're just making up the 10% figure when you're talking about what's getting absorbed by the nasal passages (mucus membranes). My guess is that it's more like 30% and another %30-50 percent gets absorbed by other organs, but I don't claim to know.

"It is observed therefore, that lung, nasal and GI absorption accounted for 24.2, 12.5 and 63.3% of the total fluorescein absorption, respectively, following nose-only exposure of 3.7-µm aerosols."

http://www.springerlink.com/content/k7p803dbjbm1apqu/

The study used fluorescein, which, as it sounds, is just a dye. The study was basically showing that after intranasal administration of drug X, only 12.5% ended up being absorbed by the sinuses. This is a much smaller amount than I think anyone realizes. And as for Oxycontin, with only one in four parts being active substance, that's a 3/4 chance that the actual matter resting against the mucosa will be inert, no matter how finely you crush the powder.

Last edited:
There seems to not be much talk about rectal administration of "oxycontin" I know you guys were talking about "oxycodone" in the beginning, but I'm curious to see what you guys have to say about the no so much used route of taking oxycontin rectally... I was wondering what Sonic or Sixpartseven or anyone who has credible information about rectal administration with oxycontin..The only somewhat interesting information I read was
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=26458
There was information I found in there somewhat worth reading but I would like to find out specifics about rectal administration of oxycontin and effects..If any of you guys have articles/information about this please post them it would be greatly appreciated..

Has anyone who disagrees with the BA statistics ever tried oxymorphone Nasally vs Orally? Quite a huge difference there.

and theres a rush, which you don't get by taking it orally.

There is? Really? So when this chemical enters your blood stream, wether by IV, or Snorting, or Oral Admin, there are different sensations?

See I dont believe that, because i've done oxycodone, all three ways, hundrends of times.

And the feeling of all three are identical, yes snorting is faster, but its the same type of onset as eating is, and iving just makes you feel all the goody opioidness instantly.

So when people report a certain rush that you can't get by eating it, think twice. It's all in your head, maybe because you guys like being ritualistic, but honestly, try it all three ways and HONESTLY describe the feeling, and remember, from a person who gets off on oxy atleast 3 times a day everyday for the past 6 years, eating it has always been my favorite.

ps. and by the way, all you kids claiming you have a high tolerance, and you snort a whole 80mg, please think again.

My tolerance currently is at about 450mg by mouth, now thats a high tolerance.

I've said this a hundred times, but I guess I'll say it once more: BA % NUMBERS MEAN NOTHING.

Choosing the best ROA depends on a plethora of factors, including the amount of powder being insufflated (the biggest factor), your individual metabolism, and personal preference.

Published BA numbers are complete nonsense, and anyone who blindly buys into them needs to go to college and take a few statistics classes. For starters, snorting 10mg of powder is HUGELY different that snorting 100mg of powder. If you snort 10mg, likely all 10mg will be absorbed intranasally. But if you snort 100mg, about 90% will be absorbed by your lungs and GI, as your sinuses pack fairly quickly with powder.

And just a few figures from my own measurements:
- An OC80 weighs 270mg
- An adderall 10mg IR weighs 240mg
- An adderall 30mg XR weighs 235mg

So basically, if you snort a whole pill of any pharm, it's going to be a MOUNTAIN of powder, and almost none of it will be absorbed intranasally. Most of it ends up in your stomach. So that alone shows how the great "Oral vs. Nasal BA absorption" statistical figures are bullshit.

The second important factor is based on an individual's specific hepatic function. Perhaps they have high 3Ax function which creates noroxycodone and low 2D6 function which creates oxymorphone. Or vice versa. What I'm getting at is maybe the 1st pass metabolism is a good thing, because it produces higher levels of oxymorphone. Conversely, it could create other less desirable metabolites. So you can snort or eat your drug, depending on if the 1st pass metabolism is a beneficial or detrimental phenomenon.

Lastly, different MOAs are a matter of preference. Some people have needle fetishes, some have smoking fetishes, snorting fetishes, plugging, etc. etc. That makes a HUGE difference on the pleasure induced by consuming drugs. Just look at the "crack epidemic" of the '80s; people started turning the water soluble, highly absorbent cocaine HCL into a non-absorbent freebase, SIMPLY because the act of smoking is so much more enjoyable. The onset is slightly quicker, and the smoking aspect is enjoyable, therefore we had an explosion of people smoking crack, despite the fact that it is FAR less efficient than snorting cocaine (as much of the crack is destroyed by heat during the smoking process).

And one more thing, published BA percentages are based solely on measured blood serum levels after long time intervals, which ignores the fact that snorting produces much higher levels much sooner vs. oral consumption.

CLIFFS:

1. Bioavailability numbers mean nothing
2. Figure out for yourself what your own body prefers
3. Snorting bypasses the 1st pass metabolic response
4. Snorting creates a higher high for a shorter duration. No surprise there
5. When you snort oxy, MOST of it goes into your stomach anyway, so it's almost the same as eating it. It's just that you've also got some in your sinuses that will kick in sooner.

Empiricism >>>>>>>> random published bullshit

OC80 weighs exactly 300mg. not 270mg

ps. and by the way, all you kids claiming you have a high tolerance, and you snort a whole 80mg, please think again.

My tolerance currently is at about 450mg by mouth, now thats a high tolerance.

Who here was claiming they had a high tolerance, it may be a high tolerance to them personally but not to others..450mg by mouth okay, yes you do have a high tolerance than the general population..I just despise people who brag about their tolerance there really is no point..But what I do think is that this thread should be closed because the date on this thread is really old what needed to be said was said and alot of irrelevant information is popping up I've seen alot of "which way is better to administer oxycodone or oxycontin" threads around here..I think an admin should close this thread..Where is William1985 "Unknown" when you need him he likes to close things down

I usually snort 80 or 100mg with benadry and xanaxl. That gives me a nod sometimes. I just took a 10 day break. Today when my internet shipment came I snort about 60mg with 200mg of tagamet, 50mg of benadryl and 1.2mg of xanax. I have got the most intense nod ever right now. That tagamet really really did someting. I usually look pretty sober on oxy and today me mom said you look copletely wasted lol. This is taking me like like 20 minutes ti type. Wooow tagamet. feels like I took 200mg of oxy, Wonder if it was the week off or the tagamet. anyone have any ideas or similar results, please share.
I'm so happy i didnt snort the whole 80 mighta been in trouble...nod....nod......nod lol. Like 40 minutes btw.
Later

I'm gpnna have to look at this 2morrow to aee if tmaskes sebse at akkp(on HOU

Yea I was in such a nod that is barely legible adding the tagamet made an unreal difference. (I dont think my tolerance could have dropped so much in just ten days) I still have a nod and I ate dinner and hada coke wow.

Last edited:
OC80 weighs exactly 300mg. not 270mg

I weighed 10 pills and it weighed 2.6g. So I assumed 260mg each. I wish I had a milligram scale, but that's the best I can do. Other people on this forum have confirmed ~270mg per pill

Last edited:
For me snorting 40mg of OC gives me the same high with a nice rush, as eating 40mg.

^^I totally agree.
Plus I don't know why people have to keep arguing that snorting is a waste over oral. Who gives a fuck.
If I buy the OXY its my fucking Oxy. and if I want to waste it by snorting it or crushing it up and toss it off a brige so be it. Do you think I give a fuck what you think..Its my pill and its my ROA. So quit being nosy and leave my nose alone..:p
PEASE..%)

Holy shit I am so dyslexic I saw this thread as "For those who smoke oxycodone..." saw that it was 3 pages, couldn't believe my eyes, came to respond "For those who smoke oxycodone: you're fucking retarded" but now I see it is I who am retarded ;)

As for the actual topic, there is a noticeable difference in the high from 20mg IR versus snorting 20mg IR, but you'd really have to be kind of experienced and looking for it to notice. Even with a high tolerance, I still prefered to snort some first to get things rolling then once I could calm down and maybe not be sick if I was in W/Ds previously I would start preparing oral doses to supplant that.

Like I said its not a big difference in potency, the main reason I like taking it orally is that it lasts longer.

A lot of this is fetish related. My brother once told me that he snorted so much Adderall that all he had to do at one point was pinch off one nostril and inhale deeply (without inhaling any actual drugs) and he'd get a placebo rush. Just because his brain was programmed to derive pleasure from the act of snorting things.

Some people have snorting fetishes, some smoking, some needles... This is nothing new. The drug/pleasure association is based on dopamine release, and certainly this is related to ROA. I know I've seen IV users get all giddy at the sight of needles (whereas I personally get queezy and pass out). I'll admit, I've got a slight insufflation fetish myself. The pleasure is derived partly from the ROA act, not just the ingestion of mind-altering substances itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.