Your own productions go here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously guys, try to put your tracks on a downloadable site, there are tons out there. I don't tend to listen to stuff on my internet computer (laptop) which has shit speakers, so I tend to download and transfer it to my music station. There no point in trying to review a song via crap speakers.

This is not a neccesity, but you'll get your tracks listened to more (by me, at least :)). I'm not the only one that thinks this....

Im having major difficulties choosing a program to invest my time into. Fruty loops seems to be the easiest so far, and even that can be slightly frustrating. I don't konw much about protools, but I would like to give that a try.

basically I need a program that would be ideal for use with a USB keyboard, and recorded tracks. I want to mix acoustic, electric, and electronica (digital synths, loops ) into a seemless smooth mix/sound. Kinda like Radiohead, or the Postal Service, or Nine Inch Nails.

^what program(s) would you recommend?

I've already tried acid pro, and FL studio with little sucess.

Hey motiv311, look at this page, its got good suggestions. Post in there if you've got any further difficulties.... one thing, look at cubase or pro-tools, cubase first because it'll be easier to get.

Still waiting for your trance masterpiece to blow us out of the water :)

thanks guys :) Spleh, fuck, i've had to redo my entire site and the file repository system isn't setup properly yet.

in the meantime here's some progressive psytrance (only available for 14 days):

http://download.yousendit.com/2F473B784AAF201C

i'll hopefully sort out the dub one next week... and tomorrow i should have time to get round to some reviews!

Patey said:
I make alot of hip hop beats. Have been producing for going on 5 years now i'd say. If anyone wants to take a gander, my link is below:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=485152

Feedback is encouraged :D

Dude- Love let the Horn Sound, mad melody and instrumentation. Very triumphant and original sounding, I really like epic hip hop feel and use of dynamics. Drums sound good, pretty up close though. I would try running it through some sort of tape compressor emulator to get a more sqashed dirty tone to the actual drum beat. I would also add some breaks and cuts (maybe use some vinyl scratch samples and vinyl hiss/distortion?) I suppose you need to wait for vocals for that sort of stuff.... I would also add some drum ghost notes and more cymbals/gongs to indicate start of new bars/sections. Very good beat, big huge and emotionally drawing.

A chill beat is nice too, cool samples use. The offbeat snare hit ie. breakbeat is not in shuffle as well and is playing too early/ slightly out of time....dunno maybe you wanted that? This is more of an instrumental I think, maybe some live/sampled acoustic guitars, classical style could be cool.

You've done some great stuff here mate, gonna listen to some more :)

dr seuss said:
in the meantime here's some progressive psytrance (only available for 14 days):

http://download.yousendit.com/2F473B784AAF201C

i like this... heavily layered but not too "busy" sounding, and it has an oddly tranquil feel in spite of the trippy, spacey elements. you've got the progressive bits down to a science.

what is it with psytrance's aversion to proper basslines though? so many tracks have that one-note plodding 303-esque (?) flavor with very little movement. this is something i've noticed with lots of psy material, not just this one. i guess since there is so much else happening in most psy tracks, most people don't really pay it any mind. maybe i am biased because i've played bass.

hehe this is only the second track with a 'static' bassline i've ever done :D usually i love movement (sometimes over more than an octave) and i'm addicted to portamento slides... thanks @lterEgo.

^The rolling 16ths style you talking about is the sound of modern psy essentially. There are some groups that use relatively complex basslines, some GMS, Eskimo have lots of change in their bass lines. Trance is modal and melodic- there is usually a root note over which sounds and melodies are played, though the interest is the melodic relayionship between notes as opposed to harmonic relationships. This modal style comes basically, from ethnic music. Traditional indian musi uses the tambura dron with melodies on top, celtic music on pipes usually consists of a relatively unchanging drone holding down the melody, diphonic singning has a root over which resonant fluctations ocurr, trance contains a rolling bassline overlaid with....etc. Just the style....

What? Breakz you say!?

Hey you guyz, I'm sending a demo to an indie label in the UK by the end of next week... with this in mind, I'd really like to know what you guyz think of my tunes and hook up some constructive criticism.... www.myspace.com/energonconspiracy By the way... a couple of the songs are available for download if you don't wanna stream 'em .... thankz

Last edited:
hi there

ireally want to post some of my songs here,but i can't get myspace to work.Could anyone tell me where i can put my productions?PM me if neceserry

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.