• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides [LSD Subthread] The Low-Dose LSD Appreciation Thread

^ Are you sure you're not taking what would be better referred to as "medium dose" trips? I mean, I'm only asking because when i take what I call a low dose I don't really feel like I'm tripping. There's no sense of being caught in between dimensions or anything trippy like that. I feel like my imagination seems to be a little wilder, but I'm fairly sober on low dose LSD.

Then again, keep in mind, everyone is affected differently. Something about mileage and varying something something.

I'm in the same boat as willow. I find lsd a drug that can't be ignored, even in small amounts. Taking a low dose is just flat-out annoying, as well as potentially anxiety provoking.

I think about 20mics is perfect for a nice pick-me-up. It makes me smarter, more tolerant, easy going, without feeling like I gotta focus on tripping. I can actually get more work (intellectual work, computer software design, etc.) done. I have more intellectual stamina. I can stay focused on a problem for hours when previously the ADD would kick in and keep me distracted. At times, the non-lsd Mike is so overcome with ADD/depression/schizo/paranoia, that he can't get any work done, sometimes for days. And none of the medical meds help. The only things that have dependably snapped me back to a sustainable focus, are pepper pills, Amanita, Acorus, and Lysergic amides. A small dose of LSD not only snaps me back, but gives me a comfortable numbness that lets me detach and apply myself intensely to the problem. And it works wonders for migraine and parkinsonism. But then I've wondered if some react differently. Like maybe my positive reaction is because I really need medical LSD to be normal. Everything else is a pale imitation. In a hundred years, we will be praising the Hoffman, Leary, and the rest for introducing mankind to the wonder drug of the millennium.

Yeah.. a few months back my friend hooked me up with some liquid lsd dipped altoids. I got 2 off him. My gf wanted to try acid for the first time so I decided to only take one and give her the other. She tripped pretty hard, as she'd gotten pretty psyched up I think, but I did'nt. I saw nice fractal overlays and dug the heck out of the music (was at a psytrance party)but was able to be lucid and talk with people and whatnot..very nice experience.

Revrent_mike said:
I think about 20mics is perfect for a nice pick-me-up. It makes me smarter, more tolerant, easy going, without feeling like I gotta focus on tripping. I can actually get more work (intellectual work, computer software design, etc.) done. I have more intellectual stamina. I can stay focused on a problem for hours when previously the ADD would kick in and keep me distracted. At times, the non-lsd Mike is so overcome with ADD/depression/schizo/paranoia, that he can't get any work done, sometimes for days. And none of the medical meds help. The only things that have dependably snapped me back to a sustainable focus, are pepper pills, Amanita, Acorus, and Lysergic amides. A small dose of LSD not only snaps me back, but gives me a comfortable numbness that lets me detach and apply myself intensely to the problem. And it works wonders for migraine and parkinsonism. But then I've wondered if some react differently. Like maybe my positive reaction is because I really need medical LSD to be normal. Everything else is a pale imitation. In a hundred years, we will be praising the Hoffman, Leary, and the rest for introducing mankind to the wonder drug of the millennium.

this might be the comment of the century
medical lsd for parkinsons, add, and migraines. (as well as allergy, but maybe that goes with migraines)
it is consistent with what I have thought for 35 years (well parkinsons is news to me really.)

You know, when I used to take low doses of things I found it comfortable and annoying. But these days when I take low doses of almost any psychedelic I find it to be a wonderful and comfortable way to enhance the day. My body just seems to be more and more at ease with psychedelics as time goes by.

Is there really such thing as Pure Universal Intelligence, because I was actually speculating that such a thing might exist and be seen with the right amount of the right chemical. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, but I still want to know.

Not only does it exist, but we are all it. It is the force of consciousness that drives us all, and we are all incarnations of it so that it may experience itself subjectively. Thus, in a very real way, we are all one.

I suspected it did... I'll tell you why (it may sound stupid if you aren't familiar with halluceno's)... but think about tracers/trailers, whatever you call those things; It's as if you're mind has photographic memory. Every movement you see is temporarily "burned" into your visual spectrum. In normal reality, movement comes and goes and our only recollection of it happening is a small memory that can easily be distorted. But when you're "trippin" and you're seen tracers of movement, the past movement is physically there in front of you. You can see exactly where something was, and where it moved to and where it ended up... at least for a short while. But that just doesn't exist in regular reality. Movement comes and goes... it seems like an insignificant example, but think about it and I think you know where I'm heading with this.

I enjoy low doses of acid however I find that I end up eating it far more frequently than I used to when I was mainly a festival tripper ~10 larger doses a year. I find with the slightly more frequent lower doses I was having worse HPPD-type symptoms only serious enough to curtail the higher frequency. I find that acid at low doses is phenomenal for physical performance tasks such as playing music. I can converse with completely sober people while on a low dose of acid and they only think I'm slightly weird which is probably normal for me. A low dose of the recent blotter is a little less than 1/4 tab, because two tabs is full melt insanity. I've definitely had four tabs of blotter in the past that would called a low dose though.
I also fully support acid's insane versatility. I ran into a guy a couple years ago at the tail end of a trip and he tried to give me some acid and I had to refuse for sleeping reasons, but he said, "Why not man? You can drive on it, you can have sex on it? It's the perfect drug. Hahaha… I just read the DOC comments. Yay! I also love low dose DOC. Gives a slight shimmer and a clear focused mind with only minor phlegm production. I find that a low dose of acid is great for when at a state park because you can get enraptured in nature, but you're not going to be pulling at your clothes around other people. So many uses. Acid I love you too *smooch*. Sigh… it's love.

Peace,
PL

EDIT: Must've missed this page before. Some great comments on here, but Xoroth I have to really agree with you. I remember getting low acid doses when I first tripped and they were anxiety producing and uncomfortable (and they might've been DOB, as I was uninformed), but now a low acid dose is like an enlightenment and awakening, but doesn't take me where it wills. It's an almost instant congealment of all my values in my thoughts and actions. It makes me a much more compassionate person.

Last edited:
Church said:
I just took a hit of "pink elephants" yesterday morning and it turned out to be a very nice, lowish dose (probably around 70mcg or so). I tripped nicely all day long, and it had been a while since taking any acid. I'd forgotten how euphoric acid can be! I was mainly using it as a stimulant, but I wanted to see how strong each hit of the elephants was, so I took a whole one and prepared for the possibility of being more than just a little stimulated. Turned out to be the perfect dose for my day. I listened to a bunch Medeski, Martin & Wood, fucked around on the guitar for a while, watched What the Bleep Do We Know? during the peak, and finished mastering some mixes that a client was coming that evening to pick up.

Overall, yesterday was great, because I now know the dose of the remaining tabs I have, and because I wrote some new music which I plan on doing something with.

I love LSD.

have you seen "What The Bleep? Down the Rabbit Hole?"
its like a more in depth and explanitory version of the first movie and has something like 6 hours of extra footage and this crazy "quantum play mode" where the movie plays in a completely random order so as to be a different movie every time you watch.

you should check it out

So what is it exactly about acid that makes it like candy to some people? Why the wonderful low doses are so appealing to certain minds?

redgreenvnes said:
when I get 1/2 of an eighth of mushroom it is like 1/4 blotter (obviously good quality blotter) for me,
which is still social,
but I do certainly get squirmy
(that is how my wife would know
-"can't you sit still? are you stoned?" -"yes" -always tell the truth),
and 1/4 acid makes me quite a bit amazed by the lights
which are 20 times the size of normal.
wood grain takes on depth, etc.
driving is impossible.

I can be placated with less if I need to be more responsible,
or if I am using it therapeutically (i.e. for air travel - sinus clearing etc.)

Hahaha… I can't lie on acid either. I may've said it before, but it's like a forced cohesion of all the values I want to live, but sometimes don't. I tried a little experiment two days ago and tried playing this passage in a song that is relatively difficult. Recorded myself playing it perfectly on half a hit of good acid. One hit would've provided some nice moderate visuals, two makes walking difficult<-for referential purposes.

I find that there's only so few times a year I really want to really trip hard any more, but acid is so versatile a drug.

Peace,
PL

I had a dose of LSD last weekend that seemed quite low, a +1 to possibly very low +2 during the peak... I was able to act normally and carry on with my day (at home, not out and about). Then about 4 hours into it I laid down with a fan on for background noise and rested for a bit, and ended up having a shockingly ego-dissolving and beautiful experience. But when I opened my eyes again I could barely tell I was on anything.

My point is that LSD has, every time so far, been very subtle for me, and xI was finding it rather disappointing for serious experiences because of that - although very pleasant and fun anyway. But I just discovered something about it that has forced me to reconsider the method in which I use it. Which is a good thing, because I was wondering why the legendary LSD wasn't doing it for me.

We used to call it chipping as in scraping a small sliver off a tab, it was our midweek session, allowing for the weekend session to still be full blown. Ideal for places you would not want to be speechless in. I suspect considering the strength of micro dots in those days we were still in a sizeable dose of 75 to a 100 micrograms. Just low enough to add a little strange to the everyday. A touch of hilarity or beauty to the moment. To be out of it yet not obviously to our non druggy friends. To enhance sex so as not to lose it because you followed a chain of ideas that took you away from where you were as you would on a higher dose. To be slightly stimulated.

Hehe. "Chipping". I did that a few times last spring, and just a couple weeks ago - like anywhere from 1/8th to 1/16th of a hit it was, but it was such strong blotter than I actually felt something.

A low dose of lsd is excelent for a day of fly fishing.
The line is brightly colored and does some cool( ableit minor) stuff to your vision as it rolls past during the cast. It is also cool to watch a brightly colored fish jump while you are landing it.

The first time I ever did LSD was with 2 and a half tabs, and it wasn't a mind blowing trip.

The most wrecked I've been on acid is 3 tabs, and I've done 2-3 tabs before and its been my weakest trip.

I'de like to be able to do a tab of acid every day but I can't afford that and my pupils will go pretty big.

I'm not saying I don't appreciate small doses

I find anything below 2 hits (120-200mics) I can function to my liking in society. but at the same time I can take these doses to a pretty far limit. but thats what great about mid doses of lsd. they can be high end or low end depending on YOU.