• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Extraction

I have a bottle of lemon scented ammonia, would using that cause any problems? Also I have a gallon container of Coleman Fuel, that's probably what I'm going to use. Would it be in my best interest to evaporate some first and see if it leaves any significant residue?

Why hexane? What about Toluene instead? Does anyone know what DXM HBr is more solubile in?

And dont use either as DXM HBr is not very soluble in either at all.

The point of the extraction is converting the DXM HBr into DXM freebase before using the nonpolar solvent to extract it from the cough syrup.

Toluene is a heavy aromatic solvent which takes ages to evaporate. Hexane, heptane and other light aliphatic solvents evaporate quickly.

DXM Questions, from Extraction to Stomach Ulcers

With the delsym extraction, you get the DXM polistirex. I would like to make pure dxm powder. I heard you can add some lemon juice or something acidic to the extracted powder and it will remove the plastic coating.

How long should one soak the DMX in the acidic liquid, and if I let it sit or blowdry it, should I theoretically have pure DXM power after all is said and done?

I've been wanting to try DMX as long as I can remember, and I want to do it the right way, ya feel me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope people are still following this thread.

I spend the last 5 hours driving around Seattle and other cities around it looking for Ammonia with no surfactant. No luck. Every clear, non-sudsy Ammonia either has surfactant or it didn't even have an 'Ingredients' section on the label.

Is it against the rules for someone to either PM or reply a link to a website that sells it? Like a lab supplies website?

I bought everything else though, Haphtha, razor blades, a bulk pack of quart mason jars, scissors, a tiny shot's worth bottle of Smirnoff vodka, and 4 4oz bottles of DXM-only syrup.

Can't wait to do this but i'm pissed that I just spend like 25-35 bucks on everything else and no ammonia.

:X

EDIT: Oh and btw, hi everyone! new to the forums! It's a great resource indeed!

With the delsym extraction, you get the DXM polistirex. I would like to make pure dxm powder. I heard you can add some lemon juice or something acidic to the extracted powder and it will remove the plastic coating.

a bunch of us were brainstorming/experimenting with this a while back but we couldn't figure out a foodsafe way to defeat the poli. it's not just a 'coating', thats part of the problem. if you figure it out, let us know.
discussion here

looking for Ammonia with no surfactant. No luck.

You want ammonia for basifying cough syrup? Don't bother. You can easily do it with soda ash.

Take some baking soda, stick it in the oven at 200 celsius (figure it out if your oven prefers fahrenheits) for 2 hours, and you have soda ash. This can be used to basify the syrup just as well as ammonia.

EDIT: I tried to PM you Dread but I need to be a "Bluelighter"

Hey man, thanks for the reply. The use of baking soda would be MUCH easier than finding surfactant free ammonia.

1. How much baking soda "ash" would I need for the ammount of syrup? I will be extracting from 16oz of tussin, so there is a possibility of 1200mg of DXM.
2. Does using baking soda ash have a smaller or large yield than ammonia?
3. Is using baking soda ash safer than ammonia?
4. Are the fumes when making the ash (and opening the oven door) toxic?
5. Will making it mess up my oven in anyway?

EDIT: One final question

1. Can I use Sodium Hydroxide instead of baking soda? I believe they are similar, though, I thought i would ask.

200 c is 392 fahrenheit. Would 395 be okay or should i do 390?

Thanks buddy

-frostblade10

Last edited:
Okay so, I found out after much research that ACE Hardware has the right kind of Ammonia with no surfactants. Annoyingly, it was the first place i checked before I drove for a few hours.

I'm going to try the extraction tonight. I would totally do it now i'm getting a new water line put in, so no water atm.

I think I read that there is a 90% yield doing it this way. Does that number go up the more times i "naphtha bath" the syrup?

I will be extracting from 4 4oz bottles so i hope to trip balls.

I've downed 4 bottles of the gelcaps before and i was so far gone that it felt like a dream.

Pink Floyd and Coldplay are the majority of my trip playlist. Echoes by Pink Floyd is always the starter.

Ok, so far, I have the first of two jars of the concoction trifecta draining from a ziplock bag.

I cut a tiny hole in the bag so it's gonna take about 5 minutes until it gets to the DXM layer.

The first bag i put the concoction in had leaks in BOTH corners... of course, right?

I took a drop that stayed behind when i had to change bags and put it in a small soy sauce dish and it looked to leave only small crystals or some sort of non-sticky leftover.

I've drained the first two bags into my 11"x15" Pyrex casserole dish.

I have decided to take the red syrup/ammonia waste and put more naphtha in it to milk it for all its worth. I'm too lazy to do it a third time and with 4x4oz tussin bottles to start with, I think ill be ok. I will be taking all of the extract in a shot of Smirnoff Vodka.

Last edited:
also a very quick method to dry the final product in record time...put a pot of water on the stove, set to med-high, take glass dish and put on top of the pot so the steam hits the bottem of the plate. Use a bigger dish then the pot so you can move it around. try to keep an even layer; whatever thickness of liquid you have in your dish ;as it's drying .

Good idea. I left it outside for like 8 hours and some crystals have formed on the surface. It's cold outside tho, maybe 40-45f.

At the momemt i've put it directly on my stove top at simmer level.

My stupid Pyrex dish that I have it in is higher in the center so i can never get a completely even level, also my house is slightly tipped to one side haha.

I'll try the water thing now.

The steam trick is working wonderfully. The Naphtha is almost all evaporated and the menthol smell is intense! The whole thing is nicely coated with crystals. I think it will take me a while to scrape it all up and into a shot glass.

The menthol smell was easy to spot because it pretty much smells just like the original cough syrup. I've also tasted it many a time after puking up 3 bottles worth of gelcaps.

I'm in the process of scraping my large dish of the DXM free base. I've got a nice snowy white pile now.

---------------

Well, I've downed it all. That stuff is gross... The most bitter thing i've ever ingested. I chased the DXM shot with some chugs of Limeade so there's even more citric acid to activate the DXM.

If I dont die, I'll report back with how much trip went.

Last edited:
also drying this way and it being so fast you can use more napatha to extract everyy little bit of dxm out of it. All the napatha evaporates anyway and only so much dxm can be attached to a certain amount of napatha. so the more u use the more you get. Still partially trippen from dosing at 10 last night, it is now 428, felt very much like an excatsy trip....love it

so i did everything the tek said except used v&m naptha which i think is pure and sucrets lozenges which i turned into syrup.
im at the final stage but the clear naptha top layer is a white frothy layer. i used pure ammonia and the only ingredient in the lozenges was sugar and dxm...
any ideas?

Haha

This reminds me not to EVER make any sort of extraction while intoxicated on other drugs.

Few months ago, I was rolling, and I found like 5 8 oz Equate Tussins DM. I decided to extract them [?]. Anyway... I used Lemon Agent Method, where you use Lemon Juice, Naptha, and Amonia. Basically I drank 4 oz of naptha/dxm/lemon juice. I cooked the bottom part [last step, extract naphta [bottom part] from lemon juice [top part]], and drank it... I got high, but ....... NOT recommended...

---Rizzen

thick white frothy dxm naptha top layer

so i let sit for almost 24 hours and no bubbbles popped or disappeared. my ammonia ingredients are soft water and ammonium hydroxide. when i shook the bottles a few bubble formed at the top but they looked like air bubbles then disappeared. specifically it says pure and non detergent. is there a possibility that i didnt use enough naptha or water rinse it well enough? or perhaps there is something wrong with using tap water throughout the process or specifically when i turned the lozenges into syrup. maybe it was the lozenges themselves even though they are pure dxm with sugar only. i would really appreciate input since this is just baffling me...:\
thanks!