• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Festival-goers cut dogs open to get at drugs

bowdenta said:
its not that i find it strange that people find this "absolutely horrible" im just trying explain that when put into context of the bigger picture, its holds a lot less significance

Your argument also holds a lot less significance when you consider that those people choose to live their life that way, a dog has absolutely no choice in being used as a way to traffick drugs.

Dogs?....bah, here in south america we have human mules....well all over the world, but in my country, Argentina it's extremely common that Bolivian coke gets this way, they especially use women and children and make them swallow the coke, sometimes up to 5kgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (10lbs), and when sending mules to europe or usa....fuck!
Of course the people who did this are scumbags, I've read about ppl throwing dead animal carcasses to get drugs in prisons....that at least makes more sense due to the tight security....but what I'm saying is that's much more common and possible that a human being dies than an animal due to drug trafficking, and you can't compare that....and penalties aren't that harsh here, but in places like southeast asia where human mules are used often and there's death penalty for ridicoulous ammounts of substances, that's where the problem's at.

Does anyone even know if this is true? Sound likes anti-drug bollocks to me. If it is, its bad.

astroman said:
I'm from France, and i participated in this teknival (its how we call it)
I can say, this story is totally false, bullshit...
It has been created only to discredit this kind of gathering
you can't kill and rip 15 dogs among 100 000 people easily !

anyway, dogs are many in teknivals and they are welcome :)

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/imprimer_element/0,40-0@2-3214,50-768959,0.html

I can't believe those anti-drug cunts faked it! that's so low! no wonder when people hear drug dealer they instantly think satan on earth. I'm really glad the dogs weren't harmed though, thanks for warning us. did you have fun at the festival?

*HUG* and PLUR!

Blowmonkey said:
Your argument also holds a lot less significance when you consider that those people choose to live their life that way, a dog has absolutely no choice in being used as a way to traffick drugs.

no a human dying is still orders of magnitude worse than a dog dying, even if the human might have chosen to take a path in which death was a risk. besides a lot of innocent people have also been killed because of the decisions of people close to them

They're just fucking dogs. They only exist to be used. And the only real tragedy here is that meat wasn't eaten and went to waste:(

This story is a fabrication. It's a variation of "The Mexican Pet", a good book which deals in part with these types of dope folklore.

I also think the extreme violence many people love to associate with drug trafficing is overblown. You are much much much more likely to be sniffing lines that were packed into a gas tank or someone's butthole or regurgitated or simply packed in a box, rather than cut out of a person.

It's like tales of violence/mutilation associated with PCP. It has happened, just that confirmed cases of this practice are so rare it doesn't deserve the level of discourse it receives.

This is not uncommon. . . .

Seriously, people have been doing this for a long time. I'm surprised it's getting this much attention.

It's shitty. So is giving giving drugs to minors. So is talking about killing people who kill animals. So is breaking the law.

I agree with the poster who claimed that people who were not hardcore vegans were being hypocritical.

blowmonkey said:
Seriously. There's a difference between primary needs and secondary needs. We kill animals for food. Killing animals just so you can get high is a whole different matter.

Have you seen how they raise and treat animals who are going to be killed. How they treat cattle who are raised for food? Veal? It's not the killing, its the tortured lives.

Someone might say that these drug dealers are killing these dogs so they can pay their bills. So they can eat. So they can feed their primary needs.

Some might disagree...

I'm not condoning what happened, but it's a shitty world and we all do shitty things, so jumping and claiming that "I would kill these people" is a little hasty, especially when, as someone pointed out, users are the reason that this happens. Users are just as responsible as dealers.

Trust me, killing dogs is minor to the shit that happens daily. People are murdered, children and parents held hostage so that family can be mules, etc...

What you say is true, but it is also true that it is nasty thing to do and as such deserves condemnation.
True many other evils and injustices go on in the world day in day out but they were not the subject of this thread.

zophen

Last edited:
freejroll said:
Have you seen how they raise and treat animals who are going to be killed. How they treat cattle who are raised for food? Veal? It's not the killing, its the tortured lives.

Bla bla bla, have you read my previous replies?

I live next door to a couple of farms. I've NEVER seen the animals there abused, those animals are treated like animals should be. Lot's of farms in my country operate like that, not like what you see in those PETA commercials.

Blowmonkey said:
Bla bla bla, have you read my previous replies?

I live next door to a couple of farms. I've NEVER seen the animals there abused, those animals are treated like animals should be. Lot's of farms in my country operate like that, not like what you see in those PETA commercials.

On a side note, how should "animals" be treated?

I did read your replies, and to clarify, most of my post wasn't directed at you, only the part where I believe that these animals are being treated unfairly. By unfairly, I mean in an environment that you would not want to live in. I don't want to live in a caged environment. :-\

Further, as I stated, I believe that one could argue that drug dealers are doing this for their primary needs.

Oh well, it doesn't really matter if we argue over it. What happened happened, and it will keep on most likely. In the end, we are all responsible in some way.

freejroll said:
I don't want to live in a caged environment.

They roam freely. Only when it's winter or when disease hits they get moved inside.

And no, I don't want to live in a caged environment either. But we're talking about domesticated animals here, not people.

I'm sure they don't roam "freely" considering there is some fenced in environment.

And if we are talking about domesticated animals being treated differently than people, where is the line drawn. Does it go to the point that people should kill animals if it can save their freedom. Does it go to the point that people should kill animals if it pays the bills and feeds them and keeps them alive.

When we start making a distinction, putting domesticated animals at a lower level than human beings, we run into a lot of room for argument. The point is, when we make the distinction, we open ourselves up to episodes like this particular one here.

:\

Cool, now I don't feel bad for using those french people to smuggle my drugs. They always complained when it came time to cut their stomach though.

Freejroll, what the fuck are you on about? You make useless, nitpicking arguments and try to put words in my mouth.

Please just cut it out and stop the discussion, it's going absolutely nowhere.

fruitfly said:
Festival-goers cut dogs open to get at drugs
By John Lichfield, The Independent
Published: 05 May 2006

"Some of them were tattooed with official identification numbers. We are going to track down the owners and bring prosecutions against them one by one," an SPA official said.

Link

bahaha retards, I hope they find them

edit: they shouldn't allow dogs at festivals either, FFS.. Dogs are very sensitive to noise.. For them being at the camping would be like us standing close to a speaker