Your Productions Go Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Webs partner in crime and in music, I was listening to some of the tunes you guys put out.
I have to say, SteveElektro, your piece "Underground (original mix) is awesome. It inspired me a little.
I liked the timing, and your synths rock. It was mixed very well.

More to come for you production guys later, I want to really listen hard to your songs before I open my mouth on anything.

just finished my first original trance track!!! w00t! it was like 14 minutes but i cut it down to 11 minutes as i didn't want it to drag on...deep basslines, rich synth effects, a couple phat rewinds and swooshes...i will mix it on my next mix cd, but im not posting it (yet) :)

Web said:
C'mon kidz, I know you were waiting on something juicy... let's hear what you think, bad or good.

One more song up for scrutiny... Childhood Lost, same link.

Well, I thought that part of the agreement of this thread was that if you put up music and reviewed others, that your work would get a review. Are you guys just not paying attention, or are you slagging off? I know someone is listening, because I can see the stats on the page... people are listening, but not reviewing. My partner is giving me all kinds of hell wanting to get feedback... someone please help me out! ;)

can anyone suggest some good software for a beginner at production? i have practically no musical expierennce aside from djing, what do the pros in here recommend?

my new track, i'm excited!!!

Hey guyz!!

I have a new release online. Sort'a a follow up to deluge of trance which did very well i might just add

It's called with you (original mix). Very uplifting but still has that hard side to it. I'd be very interested in hearing what you all think so go and download it

http://www.deuxlesouef.tk (changed name from rate of recurrence)

thank you all!!

Jungle Drama - Upward

The drums sound a touch lo quality until the drum loop drops in over the top, but then all is fine :)

The main thing I don't like about this track is it's structure. It just seems to be new ideas and new ideas randomly being added, not much difference between sections. And no really big buildups or breakdowns...

The synth line that gets dropped at 1:43 is good, but I envisioned it being lower... more bass for drum and bass is great :) Sometimes as well, the different melodic layers seem to not work as well together as they could.

It's a nice track, but seems fairly standard for dnb and doesn't keep my attention for long enough. I'd love to hear it again with some more fiddling of the song structure, 'cause it's chock full of great ideas. :)

Dante, I appreciate the review of "Upward" I will take what you said under consideration. Though my actual goal with that piece of music was actually to kind of make it like your generic DnB. I would like it if you would let me know what you think of the other songs we have posted. I feel we have some pretty good stuff there.
Thanks
Captain Howdy

I got a new track up at www.mp3.com.au/steveelektro/

It's actually a remix of a track I made last year, it's called

Acid Techno Is Dead (Corrosive Mix)

Give this a listen and tell me what you think.
I'll try and review some more stuff today too.

Jungle Drama - Upward
I love the pecussion, I've tried but I can never get a drum and bass beat sounding right, you've done it really well.
The song structure could be a little more coherent, it seems to dance back and forth a little too much, perhaps you could put a breakdown in somewhere, where one of the basslines gets slowly rougher during a build then bring it all back in hard as fuck.
(use some distortion or slowly raise filter cutoff, or both)
The background noises sound great, as far as the basslines go, the warm one that first kicks in at 1:42 is my fave, I tend to like my D&B basslines rough and evil, just a matter of personal preference though. All in all, it's pretty damn good for a second attempt at the genre!

Chalk - Dirty Magic
Interesting music style, it's like The Cure gone trip-hop, I like it.
My only suggestion is that it could do with a few more ambient noises during the more minimal bits, some soft and slightly muffled vocals may sound good, plenty of reverb and a long echo on really non-intrusive noises, that kind of thing.
Also, one open hihat would sound good in each bar somewhere between the closed ones, at around the 8:00 mark where the song is most active.
It's a very moody track, put me in a sombre state, it's great that you can make it seem so emotive. I really like it.

Acell - With you (Original Mix)
It's a little uplifting for me, but I'm impressed.
The synths sounds really clear and full, and I like that hard kick.
The short breaks are done well, and the breakdown that starts around 4:30 is cool, and it kicks in great at 6:20, sounds great together.
That buzzy offbeat bassline at the start and the end could be a little fatter, and the claps on every second beat could be a little more impacting, but it's nothing major.
And not that it effects the track, but there is over a minute silence at the end for some reason.
Great track overall though, not quite my style but I enjoyed it regardless. Have you made any darker trance before?

Jungle Drama - Childhood Lost
I don't have much to say guys, great percussion, great noises all through, and the sound is clear is and crisp. the track is fucking awesome, I love it!

Last edited:
SteveElektro
Have you made any darker trance before?

I have... wouldn't say there my best works but i've got 3 more tracid traxx style tracks online. There called Evacuate, Yes i do (synapse 4 mix) and neptune - predator (deux le souëf mix)

my tracks that i'm really happy with are deluge of trance (original vocal mix) and the one you just listend to with you (original mix)

thanks alot for the feedback :D

http://www.deuxlesouef.tk

Cheers for the review steve, i'm getting round to downloading a few soon so i'll give my opinion in time to come.

"could do with a few more ambient noises during the more minimal bits, some soft and slightly muffled vocals "

A few people have said this to me now and i realise exactly what you mean. The only problem is I havent worked much with ambient noises as such and im not sure where to start. Whenever i sit down and think"right, i want a nice soft, vibrating sound to builup in the background and maybe swish around a bit, maybe even a female vocal in the background" I just get stumped on how to actually DO IT! IM in fruity loops, do i need to get samples specially for ambience? OR is there cunning ways of doing it using a mod like WASP or something? How would you do it?

SteveElektro said:
Acid Techno Is Dead (Corrosive Mix)

Nice track Steve, well done. I want to steal that opening lead and use it in an ambient piece!

well, SteveElectro, your piece "Acid Techno Is Dead" (Corrosive Mix) is a nice track, I liked the intro and it just seemed to get better from there. One thing I do have to say is that I fell that the sound bite at the end should have had a little more echo to give it a kind of ominous feel. Other than that, I have nothing to say but good job.

acell and Steve

I think both of your tunes are shit hot! Ive been getting into a bit of techno recently your tune had me bopping with the sheer mentalness of it, it reminded me of being in thialand, stomping around at jungle parties :)

The uplifting melody of "with You" is very catchy, all the sounds are crisp, very well put together in general and it's got a few lovely breakdowns and drops.

God im so jelous!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.