• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Plateau Sigma Trips

i did sigma twice. both accidental. they weren't from the dosing over time per se. you see i was doing alot of DXM at the time and i believe in one case the trip i had from the night before was involved in the reaching of the sigma state the next night. i remember only that i 'saw the light' and it was a very acid like experience..
the other was due to a piggyback dose. 960mgs at first then 960mgs more as i came down. there wasnt alot of inner work. i have trip reports here at my house if you want hard copys.
good luck, DXM is a monster.

I wouldnt really recommend it...

I find that the percentage of negative experiences skyrockets when folks go for 4th plateau and sigma.

I think DXM is best enjoyed at plateaus near high 2 and anywhere in the 3 realm. After that, it gets unpredictable and potentially harmful.

If you are experienced with DXM that is fine, but know your body. Dont try this on your 3rd trip. Maybe not even your 30th. I did 25 trips at perfectly comfortable 6.5mg/kg levels, never needed anything more.

yeah i have been tripping on dex for about 2 months now, usually anywhere between high 2nd and high 3rd. really enjoy those levels, i feel anything less is kind of a waste. but yeah, i dont want to rush into something this big, just trying to get some feedback, probably be a little while before i attempt it. i have been stedily increasing my doses, i usually trip twice a month, and each time i increase by 100mg, im up to 800mg right now and i weigh 88k so i think im pushing 4th plateau territory. the trips used to be very confusing, but i feel i am getting to the point where i can really control what is going on. thanks for everyones help.

yeah thats good how you are approaching it. I was worried at first.

Its definitely like that at first. My 3rd trip I tried to go for like a 9mg/kg and I just was sick and confused. After that I slowed it down, and I could in the future control the trips fantastically and never got sick again.

So just know yourself. And maybe, before you do it, lay off a bit to help shed a touch of tolerance if any.

yeah i have been tripping on dex for about 2 months now, usually anywhere between high 2nd and high 3rd. really enjoy those levels, i feel anything less is kind of a waste. but yeah, i dont want to rush into something this big, just trying to get some feedback, probably be a little while before i attempt it. i have been stedily increasing my doses, i usually trip twice a month, and each time i increase by 100mg, im up to 800mg right now and i weigh 88k so i think im pushing 4th plateau territory. the trips used to be very confusing, but i feel i am getting to the point where i can really control what is going on. thanks for everyones help.
why don't you explore the fourth plateau before going for sigma? this is already dangerous enough.

down the drain

recently, in the past few years, i cant seem to build up enough seratonin(among others) to achieve a sigma trip. on all my trips i get going and i hear the ring in my hears, the static, then i feel it sheeeeooooooop! and im not high any more. i just dont got what it takes anymore. i can taste the stuff while its still in the box before i taste it too.
go easy or you'll burn out.

Yeah I honestly dont advise much over 12mg/kg... I just think at that point, its enough.

yeah, im just going to keep upping the dose as i have been and keep exploring a little. maybe in a month or 2 i will venture into sigma territory. i think this weekend, imma go for a low 4th plateau, i dont really know how to approach it though, should i just take it all at once or dose like 300mg every hour for 3 hours? any input?

All at once. DXM doesnt last super long. It also takes forever to kick in.

When you are just doing a straight plateau dose, you want it all at the same time.

That dose should do you well, you said about 88kg right? Same as me now (damn I used to weigh 100...)

Anyway yeah like I said I feel the upper limit on an enjoyable, functional, and safe experience is in the ballpark of 12mg/kg. So yeah you're going for like 10 and some change. That should be fine.

i usually go for a 4th plateau. all the other ones bore me. i chug 12oz of robo. i think thats 1080mgs. beware though, when it comes on it comes on fast.

so i will be dosing 10mg/kg thats 900mg total, so 3 bottles of robopills. i think this will be one of the few times that im just going to lie down in bed and let the dxm do its magic, i think the trip will be better that way.

Thats how I pretty much always did it lol... Its quite nice. Turn the lights off. Make that room pitch black. Then let it go to work.

Ugh.. thats a lot of pills to swallow. Consider Zicam Cough mist if you want a more faster onset and somewhat faster intake method. Theres, and I'm going off memory here, but I wanna say like 421mg in a zicam cough mist bottle. Poke a hole in it, drain a couple out, and you have liquid DXM. Its fucking disgusting to take, but just pretend its a liquor shot and kill it...

beond sigma?

I recently had a trip that i would consider sigma, if not beond. I accidentally (dont ask me how, I'll have to write a trip report to explain) took somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000mg. The first 12 hours of the trip I was rendered totally anesthetized, blacked out, unable to even make a sound, although my vital signs remained intact luckily. As I came back into reality I was overcome by a profound euphoria, taking child like glee in the nonsensical nature of the universe (serotonin syndrome?). The euphoria was so strong that I overlooked the fact that I could have died, I didn't even have time to be scared. by day five the double vision and the euphoria suddenly vanished with a depressing crash. I think I'm going to stick to under 1,000 mg from now on.

Have you ever tried mixing dxm with a psychedelic? my favorite for this is definitely psilocybin. I also have found that you can venture pretty deep into the "D" hole without taking dangerously large doses by combining it with ketamine, that way you can go into 'sigma' for just an hour or so and come back into your 3rd plateau trip to decide if you want to go back again or not. Although granted its not a purely genuine DXM experience, but I would imagine it would be much safer and alot easier to manage since you can go in and out at will. Also i recommend finding/ extracting pure dxm to cut down on nausea.

^ i would really like to take some pure. i tried extracting it but got the wrong ammonia, the mix is still in my closet... has anyone noticed the difference in trip from CCC (dont do it!) to robo to zicam? not just there, different experiences based on species of mushrooms or ingredients in ayahuasca.

I think some people are unclear as to what a "sigma" trip is.

Plateau sigma is not reached by doing inhuman doses of DXM. It's a state reached by prolonging the experience--i.e., you take a low second plateau dose, then a few hours later another low second plateau dose, and then when you're starting to come down, you take a third plateau dose. Allegedly, when you begin to come down from the last dose, you will be left in the "sigma" state. It's called Plateau Sigma because of the high potentiation of the sigma receptors and the fact that sigma is the greek letter denoting "summation" in mathematics--as in, you take a "summation" of doses to reach the state instead of one massive dose.

FYI: Plateau sigma is highly dangerous, and is pushing the limits of safety.

The DXM FAQ on Erowid.com is really fascinating and describes all of this in great detail. It's cheery rainy day reading. :)

^Thank you for that very informative post :)

I love DXM but have no desire to explore 4th plateau or sigma states. It seems many who rush to do so are frighteningly naive about potential consequent psychic 'reorganizations'...

But then I only use the Demon Semen 2 or 3 times a year at most...

Yes, I have done this before. It was about two years ago. I drank two of the Zicam Cough Mist Max bottles, chased by grapefruit juice or water... Disgusting, but much more tolerable than downing a ton of syrup or pills. That would be something like 1000-1100mg IIRC. Let's say that's something between 15-17mg/kg. I had fasted before this, taken an assortment of vitamins, had a bunch of water on hand, etc. Basically I had taken all the harm reduction steps I could possibly think of.

When it started to come on it immediately hit me, and I stumbled upstairs to my room. I had prepared my room and had it pitch black. I was also using headphones to play Biosphere "Substrata" (Norway ambient) on my CD player. Anyway, to alleviate any tension I completely focused on the music and let it take me away. My whole ceiling lit up with miniature stars, and the music seemed to be pulsating like crazy; my whole physical being seemd to move with it. I soon "lost" my physical self, and began to think in a very calculating, cold manner, looking back on some significant events - both good and bad - in my life. I thought about a relative that had died of a reckless and unfortunate overdose, past girlfriends, experiences, etc. in a very foreign way. It's hard to verbalize, but I saw things from a perspective I would never assume otherwise.

Visually, I was seeing very abstract, almost dreamlike faint pictures that were hard to focus on. I could visualize my thinking, they were vivid but synthetic looking dashes of color appearing in my periphery. It was more like I could DEEPLY and articulately draw from my memory bank and see my thinking in vivid pictures.

Throughout all of this, and as I alluded to before, I lost the feeling of my physical self. Some would call it ego death. When I "searched" for myself, all I could find was my right leg. I had the weirdest sensation of all my thoughts and actions originating from that physical area.

I remember when this track came on vividly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-mJPxUt8RE

It samples the old series Twin Peaks, and when Briggs begins talking about his "vision" I remember hearing the voice and kind of clinging to the edge of reality for a moment. It helped me integrate the experience later on.

Eventually, I just went to sleep. I was so tired. I woke up some hours later, and had almost comical vision distortion, with the scale of everything way off. I felt completely distorted and reptilian when walking to get some water. I promptly went back to bed.

So after maybe ten hours of sleep, I woke up. I felt fine except for a slight headache, like an alcohol hangover. I thought about everything and realized how risky what I had done was. I'm not ashamed to say I cried because I realized how great being in this reality was, being with my family, etc. I was so glad that nothing bad had happened. I hoped to use the impressions that I had taken away from my experience to better myself, or see things differently if need be. This was during a difficult period in my life and the experience helped to put things in perspective and be thankful for the great things I had.

I actually went to work later that day. It was alright.

In conclusion, I have had many experiences with traditional psychedelics, but remember this occasion as a changing and illuminating (ultimately for the better) experience. I can't say it was good or bad, but it was definitely intense. I would not repeat it. Before this I had done half the dose (1 bottle) once before. So this was only my second experience, but I knew how to prepare.

DXM is definitely no joke. With proper discretion, it can facilitate some wonderful experiences, but I certainly believe prolonged use could have severe consequences. Please be careful, and I hope this (very long) report helps you to formulate an educated decision...

Last edited: