• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

How would you fight terrorism?

RhymnRzn2Zion said:
truth never fails
I think this actually is the most important part of fighting terrorism. If the US was willing to admit that its occupance of many middle eastern countries is a well-used tool for recruiting new terroists instead of blaming it on "their evil ideology and envy of our free lifestyle" (BTW, how elitist and self centred does one have to be to convince oneself that other people are actually willing to sacrifice their life just because they are jealous?!). This would lead the public away from the false idea that using military power will win the "War on Terror" and more effective means could be used instead.

Hmm, here's a crazy thought. If the US is actually just occupying oil-rich countries to get a piece of the cake, will terrorism end when a cheaper alternative fuel is invented? I sure hope so anyway...

Truth will never happen. Admission of fault equates to admission of liability, and crimes against humanity charges would follow.

So the only way is down. :(

L2R sed:
Truth will never happen. Admission of fault equates to admission of liability, and crimes against humanity charges would follow.

So the only way is down.

I could see why you might think so: perhaps you have not fully encountered the reason why your remarks are not entirely true.

There is a source of common knowledge, which has relatives in other sources, which will be brought to pass. Not saying we should indite, judge, and punish the wealthy and the politicians (they shall have what they deserve), but, they better usher in policies of rest, restoration, and retribution: for the day is very near when powers far stronger than their own will bring to light what was done in secret, and will exact payment for any unjust balance seven times. And that standard will have people offering out of their own free-will according to ability, rather than furthering the oppression of a sabbath-year, and the collective will, which includes the help of the least of us: the souls of the least of us being of much more value than what rulers are accounting.

Co-operation and good manners, while granting to all people out of the storages of abundance a year's worth of substinance, will assure the subsiding of terrorism (and the plagues, and the destructive weather, for that matter).

Last edited:
Commanding General said:
Bombs. Lots of them. And very very big ones. then i would actually allow my military to fight the war the way they deemed appropriate.

yeah fuckit

just bomb everyone 8)

but really
5-HT2 reincarnated said:
It's simple: don't meddle in other countries' internal affairs, especially not militarily! Lead by example, not impose by force, period!

you hit the nail right on the fucking head.

respect :)

ps. dood ltr--that sounds like defeatism. unless you mean going down only to come back up

errr.... stop training terrorists? a cold war political mentality doesnt make any good friends over seas.

FR, yeah i was a little unhappy when writing the above. It seems the obvious solutions will not even be considered when looking at our recent "progress".

I suppose our only option is to lead by example, and to discuss these issues, thus spreading positive "memes".

Otherwise, ride the rollercoaster ride of exponentially reducing personal rights in the 1st world and near total annihilation and/or rape of the 2nd and 3rd worlds until we kill ourselves and our environment.

One thing is to examine how your behavior or choices affect behavior of nations or corporations. For instance: how are your consumer or political choices affecting actions of certain groups or people overseas? It's easy to criticize personalities or companies that are using oppressive commerce, but the fact is they are sustained by people's political support and dollars.

On the other end, there is a need for education. I have seen some great efforts in the Moslem areas in my country, like the Turkish Tolerance School.

Terrorism is in the eye of the beholder. To the Turks the PKK in the 70s were terrorists, to the apartheid system in South Africa Nelson Mandela was a terrorist, to the United States in 2005 - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is a terrorist.

I don't mean to cop out on answering the question but it's true. Terrorism is just a symptom of a greater disagreement, there is often no way to reconcile two ideas and in the eyes of the one side - the other becomes a terrorist in what they do.

where do you think terrorists draw most of their recruits from? areas that have nothing to offer its inhabitants. i think the most effective and humanitarian way to fight terrorism is to help other countries with their education and poverty (instead of being the number one military exporter?)

i would fight terrorism by doing the plainly obvious thing, which is to stop practicing terror myself. The US has much to learn about this method.

a. promote sustainable technology. engines can run off of ethanol (fermented corn stalks) and vegetable oil with minor engine modification. diesel engines can run on biodiesel with no modification. solar, wind and geothermal energy are all viable technologies as well.

b. don't let corporations rule the world, buy locally whenever possible (consider it as an investment in your community). Political organizations such as the green party share these values.

c. I was under the impression that god blesses everyone, not just those living in the united states..

I'm not sure how I feel about violence in the name of self defense. However, I consider our current conflicts and meddelings as self-destruction, not preservation.

mtc

Last edited:
>>For instance: how are your consumer or political choices affecting actions of certain groups or people overseas? It's easy to criticize personalities or companies that are using oppressive commerce, but the fact is they are sustained by people's political support and dollars.>>

Within the context of capital and the nation-state, though, there is only so much that can be done by isolated individuals. Until this context is transformed radically, our rulers will be calling the shots.

ebola

i'd attack a country in hte name of the war on terror but it would really accomplish nothing in terms of the war on terror, but some people would make quite a bit of money, and the american people will once again feel that they have a big penis

i know what we should do. we should round up all the muslims and put them in concentration camps just like hitler did with the jews.

what a great idea, no? can't believe no-one thought to mention it earlier 8)

^
too bad you didn't thimnk of it first

i mean international network of secret prisons

but not fur humans ofcourse or any convention that applies to them , just for terrorist they deserve to be tortured after all

There are as many terrorists of estern origin as of arab imho.

but I'd set up a big network of secret conencration rave's

where american soldiers and psycho's and arab psycho's are force fed ecstacy , to wear candy raver stylle jewelry and be trained in the use of the glowstick instead of weapons.

ebola? said:
Within the context of capital and the nation-state, though, there is only so much that can be done by isolated individuals. Until this context is transformed radically, our rulers will be calling the shots.

ebola

The context is changing in such a way that officials are increasingly beholden to corporations in many countries. I agree that regulations and such affect corporate behavior, but the opposite is also a reality. I'm not speaking of isolated individuals but a general public that is informed and ready to demand or come up with alternatives.

Hence, these days, political participation is very much possible through consumer decisions. In fact, in some countries, it is the only way. Until business models change entirely, this will remain an important and underused tool.

>>The context is changing in such a way that officials are increasingly beholden to corporations in many countries.>>

This is a mere intensification of a process with its roots in the 1600s. The modern nation-state and capital have been intertwined since their inceptions.

>>
Hence, these days, political participation is very much possible through consumer decisions.>>

To a VERY minor extent. We can choose what to buy (within our budgets), but we cannot choose the array of available businesses or their practices. Consumer choice is not enough to transform society.

>>Until business models change entirely, this will remain an important and underused tool.>>

This is what is needed. Or rather the abolition of business itself.

ebola