• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Big and Dandy DOI Thread

Interesting. Well my chance at some doi is gone, maybe another day. Thank you for your replies. :)

Wow.

I finally took my first dose of DOI on Saturday night in celebration of the solstice, after sitting on it for 6 months, and had one of the most amazing times of my life. I'm very eager to repeat the experience soon, as my summer will be hopefully getting pretty busy in a few weeks with work.

I was wondering how long it takes for DOI tolerance to go away. Would I have to increase my dosage at all if I were to repeat my experiment again next weekend, one week after my initial dose?

Thanks for the help everyone!

^ What was the dose you took?

I'd wager a week is enough time for the physical tolerance to go down enough to have an experience of similar intensity.

I took 1.8mg with a .7mg supplement at T+3h. This next weekend I'll probably dose 3mg.

could someone please explain the normal onset/come up of DOI?

thanks

I don't feel fully "on" until about hour 4 or 5, usually. Otherwise, yeah, first alerts around an hour in.

While I found the DOI experience interesting & enjoyable, it just lingers for far too long in the system & leaves me feeling completely washed out afterwards

3mg barely gave threshhold effects, which could still be felt and seen 48+ hrs later. i wish the DOx series were more standard in their doses instead of being all over the fucking place for different people.

I love it. Starts getting nice 5-6mg snorted best around 10mg snorted in two bumps 45min apart. Could be way too much for some.

Is there someone on bluelight who selects people who are having or about to have mystical experiences and the talks to that person about it? Or did I imagine that? Or is there a true spirituality section with knowledge straight from the other side that rarely opens?

3mg giving threshold effects? Hardly,but I know of one batch which was mostly a sandlike powder with homöopathic content of DOI.

3mg can be threshhold for me as well, and I've tried 3 or 4 batches of DOI. 3mg of DOC is more than enough, but with DOI I prefer the 6-8mg or higher doses.

What about taking a xanax before to possibly shorten the duration or maybe it easier to go to sleep later. Maybe this isnt a great idea, so what do you think about taking xanax when you want to come down? I know it works with shrooms and acid, but a friend tried it with DOB and said the DOB overpowered the bar and he still could not sleep. What are yalls opinions on this?

2 years ago i took two windowpanes that contained DOI. I had +4 trip that rolled in that realm for 8 hours, with no depth perception and a maelstrom of the most beautiful but the scariest visuals ive ever had.

about 8 hours in i thought i had peaked but it just kept getting stronger felt like i was free falling in a different universe. Thought my eyes were gonna melt and my head was gonna be fucked till i died.

My buddy who came over after i called him and begged him to come over cause i was not gonna have control of the situation very soon gave me 4 xanax bars. I took them felt better hour and a half later the last thing I remember was laying on my bed marveling the fact my floor had turned into a river and everything was flowing outside.

I then blacked out and then sometime later that night i regained awareness of myself and i was opening the refridgerator.

Craziest drug expereince ive had.

xanax is a good thing to have around when these situations arrise.

I had really bland on boring visuals on DOI... Strangely it lent well to maintaining exactly the same kaleidoscopic visuals on the wall or behind my eyelids for an exceptionally long time, it was like watching a winamp visualization stuck on one present.

While I found the DOI experience interesting & enjoyable, it just lingers for far too long in the system & leaves me feeling completely washed out afterwards

Yea, that's how I feel about it. It doesn't teach me anything, it's not a true psychedelic.

True psychedelics don't deplete your body of chemicals.

I had really bland on boring visuals on DOI... Strangely it lent well to maintaining exactly the same kaleidoscopic visuals on the wall or behind my eyelids for an exceptionally long time, it was like watching a winamp visualization stuck on one present.

Yea, I know exactly what you mean. IT's not truely psychedelic, people think DOI is psychedelic just because there are visuals. They aren't even an extension of your mind, it's just synthetic sensory overload.

Synthetic sensory overload?In contrast to natural sensory overload? But your brain is natural! Ah this dualistic world view of us westerners at play again.And the chemist who has done it,is also natural,like the chemicals are natural because chemistry is part of the nature,part of the Whole Truth.All is one my friend!

Sometimes it takes massive doses of psychedelics to overcome this dualistic separation between man and surrounding world ;)

Synthetic sensory overload?In contrast to natural sensory overload? But your brain is natural! Ah this dualistic world view of us westerners at play again.And the chemist who has done it,is also natural,like the chemicals are natural because chemistry is part of the nature,part of the Whole Truth.All is one my friend!

What I mean is that DOI and DOC always give me a synethetic visuals and feeling. It doesn't even feel like it's being created by my mind, rather it is being created by excess dopamine and serotonin pumping in my brain. It feels like ampethamines rather than a true psychedelic.

I prefer LSD if I want to rearrange my world and see how silly western society is and see some truth in the universe. LSD's visuals and feelings feel more natural and are truly from my mind.

LSD is the only chemical where you can look at your friends face and think "i want him to look like a space lizard" and then it will happen, whatever your idea is can come to life in a very creative and beautiful, tripped out way. LSD truly shows how powerful your mind is and this is why it's considered the most mind expanding psychedelic.

Not the most powerful psychedelic, the most mind expanding.

I remember trying to see if I could change my envirement by using my mind on DOB and DOC. All I could do was focus in on the boring visuals but I couldn't change their character even with thoughts. Whenever I looked at my friend's face it wasn't melting or morphing, rather it was just kinda shifting around violently but it wasn't anything special. YES, it was intense. It felt more intense than LSD but it was lacking the creative magic that is coming from within.

My opinion will never change, these substances haven't offered me anything except distress.

LSD is the only chemical where you can look at your friends face and think "i want him to look like a space lizard" and then it will happen, whatever your idea is can come to life in a very creative and beautiful, tripped out way. LSD truly shows how powerful your mind is and this is why it's considered the most mind expanding psychedelic.

My opinion will never change

...But it's still just that - your OPINION. I respect your strong relationship with LSD, but saying "this is why it's considered the most mind expanding psychedelic" (by whom?) is kind of ridiculous. Many people would agree with your assessment, and many wouldn't (myself included).

Basically, you come across as someone who is completely convinced that they hold the Truth of the situation, and doesn't have a shred of doubt otherwise. Which is a really tricky position to put yourself in. Standing on a soapbox makes it easier to have the ground kicked out from underneath you :\

I don't mean to go on the offensive, but claiming that DOx and such are inherently worthless shit seems to be a subtly passive aggressive way of suggesting that those who find value in these substances are deluded or don't know what they're talking about. Which isn't correct.

Or maybe my mind just hasn't been expanded properly yet 8)

From my experiences with the chemicals myself and others around me who have taken them, DOX can really screw with your mind in a psychotic kinda way.

I've known 2 people who went insane for 2 months after taking mimic LSD blotters containing DOx.

I was also a guy who had a wonderful outlook and then took DOX and for a few weeks after that I lost touch with what I really valued about life.

Now I used LSD again to regain my sanity.

I am just planting seeds, my opinions so people can maybe think "well damn, maybe I need to chill out on the DOx for a while I sorta agree this stuff is really messy"

I don't think I know it all. Mushrooms and LSD prove that to me everytime.

What's ironic though, is the only time I ever felt that I knew everything was on a DOX(Mainly DOC and DOB).

Crazy stuff :!

^^Well, we agree that most people should not have access to DOx, that they do indeed have a psychotic character, and that LSD is the safer and healthier option. I also get very nasty vibes from DOB (but DOM is glorious).

So keep planting seeds... many people could benefit, no doubt... but please don't demean the experiences of others who approached these chemicals with humility and shamanic intention and were gifted with something genuinely beautiful and pure...

:)