• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? [New poll options added 1-22-08]

The worst opiate/opiod to withdraw from? (New Poll Options)

• Methadone

Votes: 325 27.1%
  • Heroin

Votes: 278 23.2%
  • Oxycodone

Votes: 198 16.5%
  • Hydrocodone

Votes: 54 4.5%
  • Fentanyl

Votes: 83 6.9%
  • Buprenorphine

Votes: 43 3.6%
  • Morphine

Votes: 51 4.3%
  • Others - If so please specify

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • Hydromorphone

Votes: 21 1.8%
  • Poppy Pods

Votes: 47 3.9%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 14 1.2%

• Total voters
Oxy made my bones hurt for about 1 1/2 weeks. Hurt reaaaal bad. Haven't done H enough to W/D from it. Hopefully I don't ever.

I bet kicking an opiate habit in jail would be the worst thing EVER, but how many people do you think go straight back when they get out? I mean getting clean probably wasn't their goal going in...

Poppy pod tea? What's that?

Were you drinking the stuff by the gallon?

I'd try it. Is it available at my local grocery store?:D

morphine is the only one Ive experinced w/d from, even tried...
Started at 15 mg ended up at 200-300 daily within 2 1/2 - 3 months...(took 200-300 for a about 5 weeks) then I quit....Nausea was worst Ive ever had...I couldnt close my eyes without everything feeling like it was spinning...ugh...

reading this thread is filling me with anxiety and dread...i have a tea habit, and i don't have a good time to withdraw...literally year-round i have things i need to be fucntional for. i can sometimes stick to tapers i begin but i usually ruin them when something bad happens to me or i feel i deserve a reward:(

Oh no...what a topic....

Heroin Withdrawal...I have to say from personal experience, this one is the worst. I kicked a $50 a day habit once quite suddenly when I locked myself in my grandparents house on a whim after being fed up with daily struggles and dodging police...What followed was the longest and worst 12 days of my entire life. Text-book definition of Hell. It was a true nightmare...

Shoulder and arm and chest tension, stomach cramps leaving me doubled over on the floor beside the toilet crying so hard, trying to scream but no sound was able to escape my throat, sitting on the toilet shitting explosive bloody painful diarrhea while holding my head over a trash can puking up bile and dry-heaving because I can't keep down any food or water...honestly it hurt to chew and swallow food or drink anything...Lying in bed on a matress soaked in sweat and piss tossing and turning and bouncing and screaming and trying to get comfortable...skin crawling and goose-bumps and chills and hot flashes...cold sweats...legs feel like they're rotting off...back aches like the 7th circle of Hell...I was delirious as well in some parts of it...seeing the ghost of my dead father sitting beside my bed of agony and smiling and laughing at me is not a pleasant sight...horrible horrible. Death is your only saviour.

Honestly if I had had a fire-arm in the house I would've blown my brains out by the 4th day...but no it went on for nearly 12 days...I was getting myself back around the 8th day but it was a slow process and I was finally able to leave the house on the 12th day. I've never felt any pain that could ever compare to that awful mess of inhumanity. God just thinking about it makes me shiver and feel uneasy. And the fucked up part (even more fucked up part, I guess) is that this was only the FIRST time that I kicked...I went back to the shit and kicked all over again 5 or 6 times. The pain was not as bad in the times that followed the first one because my habits weren't nearly as bad that first cold turkey. My god what was I thinking...Thats what that shit does to you...its awful.

Next would be Fentanyl...a near and dear friend of my was prescribed the 75ug patches by Croaker at the Hospital (the only doctor in the city that could legally prescribe these things, he was handing out prescriptions like a motherfucker) He got a box of about 25 patches a month for something like 35 bucks (he had medicare insurance)...we were mixing the gel in water and shooting the shit getting high as fuck. Needless to say my close friend is now dead :)( )(I still cry thinking about him). His habit really got out of control with this shit to the point where 30 bucks worth of high quality heroin wouldn't do anything to him...he could be deathly ill and do a quarter gram or maybe more of heroin and wouldn't even feel a slight bit better...it was sad...I got into it myself but that only lasted for a month and then I kicked (that was about the 3rd time I kicked) but it was still quite brutal. My friend Brian died shortly after that of an OD...it was a combination of Heroin, fentanyl, and cocaine...the speedball to end all speedballs. But thing is is that that was a normal shot to him...he needed that much power in his shot to get thru the next 12 hours. Sad sad sad. :( :( :( Maybe it was best that way because the withdrawal from that would be catastrophic in the worst since of the world...probably would've killed him anyway....

Bupe is easy...

Hydrocodone and codiene are easy...a walk in the park compared to those above.

No experience withdrawing from Oxy's...we just used those to substitute for heroin when it wasn't available...actually Oxy's are a waste of money. The street price of an 80mg is higher than a good bag of smack and is not as powerfull...why in the fuck would any one do that shit...financially it makes no sense. You're wasting precious dollars that you can't afford to lose when you're a junkie...Oh well...I don't care anymore these days so whatever.

Heroin is the worst that I have experienced...so there...sorry about the rant and long post....

/\/\/\/\ 1 of the best posts I've read. Everyone who's into smack oughta read this.

Definilty a fine post. Best fucking description of heroin withdrawal I have ever heard.

The Worst Withdrawal every imaginable was after taking anything I could get my hands on for 3 weeks straight, my dad made me take a naltrexone pill that I was supposed to be taking the entire time. Muscle spasms, diarreah, vomiting, so cold I could barely move....middle of summer by the way. It was truely the the WORST moment of my entire life. No question. Unlike Naloxone which wears off in an hour...it lasted 24 hours, then my dad make me take more the next morning. It was his way of getting back at me because I was getting all my drugs by stealing his scripts and writing my own prescriptions. If you can imagine how you feel at the worst point in any cold turkey detox, we'll I would multiply that by 3 times or so because instead of 2 days to get to the worst point of withdrawal and a little time to acclimate yourself to the sickness, it all comes in about 35-40 minutes. Very Scary experience. It might sound bad but "not that bad". There are NO words to describe it. I saw images of the twin towers coming down, people burning to death, all these hallucinations of horrible things. To add to the despair and desire to almost end my own life. And I would NEVER commit suicide. I thought the cops might be coming to get me to take me to jail and I would have to finish this rapid detox in a jail.

If you ever see a pill that says REVIA.......run like hell like that pill is the black plague.

I've experienced a few opiate withdrawals in the past. I'd say the worst two were IV heroin use, and methadone.

Heroin for its intensity, and methadone for its longevity. I've been clean for over 4 months and have no desire to even touch opiates again. The pain of cold turkey withdrawal leaves you scared for life.

Never done Fentanyl withdrawal but others over 10 years. Heroin due to intensity.
Think I've done 100's of oxy, H, bup na methadones over years.

I haven't ever had to go through major opioid withdrawals -- the worst for me was an oxy habit of 100-120mg day for about twelve weeks, quit cold turkey and got pretty sick. Vomiting, hot/cold flashes/sweating, and that goddamn restless leg that is for me the worst fucking aspect of the whole WD thing.

That being said, I would volunteer that valium withdrawals damn near killed me. They were like being dopesick along with a bad acid trip for six weeks.

Hydromorphone has given me the worst withdraw. sometimes I cant function without it. I've asked my doc if he can get me sum suboxone. He did, and now i take 8Mg a day. I dont feel a high or buzz at all.

I used to abuse the fuck out of hydrocodone about 130mg's a day for like 3 years straight and I thought that was a hard kick, well I was tired of taking 13 pills a day to feel normal and starting banging junk 14 months later of about 70$ day habit I decided to try and kick and it was god awful after a few days of heavy withdrawal I went to sub and did a rapid detox..since then Ive gone back to dope here and there and again back to hydro and there is NO comparison between the 2, hydro is a walk in the park...

The Frog said:
Oh no...what a topic....

Heroin Withdrawal...I have to say from personal experience, this one is the worst. I kicked a $50 a day habit once quite suddenly when I locked myself in my grandparents house on a whim after being fed up with daily struggles and dodging police...What followed was the longest and worst 12 days of my entire life. Text-book definition of Hell. It was a true nightmare...

Shoulder and arm and chest tension, stomach cramps leaving me doubled over on the floor beside the toilet crying so hard, trying to scream but no sound was able to escape my throat, sitting on the toilet shitting explosive bloody painful diarrhea while holding my head over a trash can puking up bile and dry-heaving because I can't keep down any food or water...honestly it hurt to chew and swallow food or drink anything...Lying in bed on a matress soaked in sweat and piss tossing and turning and bouncing and screaming and trying to get comfortable...skin crawling and goose-bumps and chills and hot flashes...cold sweats...legs feel like they're rotting off...back aches like the 7th circle of Hell...I was delirious as well in some parts of it...seeing the ghost of my dead father sitting beside my bed of agony and smiling and laughing at me is not a pleasant sight...horrible horrible. Death is your only saviour.

Honestly if I had had a fire-arm in the house I would've blown my brains out by the 4th day...but no it went on for nearly 12 days...I was getting myself back around the 8th day but it was a slow process and I was finally able to leave the house on the 12th day. I've never felt any pain that could ever compare to that awful mess of inhumanity. God just thinking about it makes me shiver and feel uneasy. And the fucked up part (even more fucked up part, I guess) is that this was only the FIRST time that I kicked...I went back to the shit and kicked all over again 5 or 6 times. The pain was not as bad in the times that followed the first one because my habits weren't nearly as bad that first cold turkey. My god what was I thinking...Thats what that shit does to you...its awful.

Great [horrifying!] description, but out of curiousity why would you do this to yourself? Maybe some character building when all said and done, but it's seemingly self torture. Did you have anything to ease the pain like weed, benzos, muscle relaxers, clonidine, something?

There's some many odd/crappy feelings that you get during WD. You mention it hurt to chew and swallow, I've never been that far along, but I notice that my mouth just feels weird in general during WD. Unless I get high on weed, I can't eat and have trouble drinking. It feels awkward to put in something in your mouth even if you're thirsty.

I've only been going through some minor WD's on days that I don't do anything. Just get the hot/cold feeling while attempting to sleep and during the day there is this distinct feeling of being 'weighted down' almost like gravity is thrice as strong.

I fortunately was able to acquire a suboxone and I don't need any more than a 1/8 of a pill so I'll be able to get through it a lot easier. I can't stand going through 1-2 days in WD without doing anything and I'm thinking max I have to go through is 4....I couldn't imagine 12 days of that. 8o

ive nver done enough H or morphene to get withdrawls other than just having a mental desire to do more. i went through some physical oxycontin wd, but i mean it diddnt really get in the way of life. it sucked yeah but nothing like what I hear people go through with heroin, so i wouldnt even really take the wd that serious as far as pain goes (for OC). its still damned hard not to do more tho.

ive never been through an opiate withdrawal Thankfully.

I eat/Snort OC's maybe 4 times a month, Havnt done H all to much, but i did eat a whole Script of Percs 120pills in one week, After that week I went through Stomache pains, Random Outrages and shit like that. Even marijuana didnt help that

methadone w/d's lasted 5 weeks for me. I wanted to die!!!!!!!!!!