• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

People who smoke weed everyday

I obviously can't argue with you if you say it helps you "understand concepts i can't grast while sober", but i've never seen or heard of that in anyone else.

It does for me too. I dont like to get high just to get confused, thats why i carry a pad of paper and pen so im assured ill remember everything later. Its definately a mind and creativity stimulant for me. It all depends on how you look at weed.

i think its more the lifestyle that can be potentially altered from smoking pot, you can potentially get lethargic, and not give a fuck about anything, usually when you don't give a fuck about anything, it seems pointless to encode new memories, learn anything, and thus you can potentially get stupid, if you smoke pot but continue to apply yourself, you probably won't get stupid
ofcourse there are exceptions to this principle; if you just smoke massive amounts day by day, it just gets hard to function, in this case, you WOULD get stupid directly from smoking pot

I've noticed two types of smokers in my time, generally:

1. I need to get high to do everything. I need to get high to ski, I need to get high to go to work, I need to get high to watch a movie, I need to get high to play video games, I need to get high to relax, I need to get high on this really long drive, I need to get high to make food taste good, I need to get high to go to bed, I need to get high to get out of bed (my personal favorite), I need to get high to listen to music, I need to get high to be able to have a conversation, I need to get high to play sports (another favorite), I need to get high to hackeysack.

Alot of these people seem to function a pretty normal life in that cannabis doesn't slow them down or make them dull. They appear to lead a normal, non-drug involved life except for the fact they need to be high every waking moment of the day in order to function.

2. I get high all the time so I can do nothing. No need to go outside, no need to socialize on a friday/saturday night, no need to get to class, no need to talk. In fact, I'm just gunna sit around ALL DAY and get high and do fucking nothing. I'm also going to talk about how great it is to do nothing because that's what I like to do. When people ask me why I don't do anything I tell them to "chill out" because doing shit is clearly for fucking losers. I mean, really, man, dude... don't let society tell you that you have to actually do shit... bro. All this activity and responsibility man, whoa... it's like, it's unnatural and shit. Men weren't made to have to, like, conform to working. Man.

-------------
-------------

In all seriousness, I have seen more personal friends throw their lives away due to heavy pot smoking than any other drug. And I have been involved with people that do alot of hard drugs. Granted, I know more smokers than any other type of drug user, but still. I would say a higher percentage of potheads that I know have dropped out of life and become total fuckin' losers with no ambition than people who do coke, as an example. Maybe it's just my group of friends but these were some really smart kids with alot of potential that mostly ended up not even graduating high school so they could fulfill their dream of living at home with their parent's and working for their parents as a truck driver. And these are SMART people. It's just a shame. Not to mention their social life is non-existant, they play no sports and have no hobbies, and most of all they aren't even fucking happy.

I could forgive a friend for not being ambitious if he was content and happy anyway. But most of these kids weren't even happy even when they were high. All you had to do was look at them to tell they were a fucking train wreck.

Last edited:
As long as you put everything else before weed, youll be fine, atleast in my experiance.

skiforlife said:
I've noticed two types of smokers in my time, generally:

Maybe it's just my group of friends but these were some really smart kids with alot of potential that mostly ended up not even graduating high school so they could fulfill their dream of living at home with their parent's and working for their parents as a truck driver. And these are SMART people.

Thats funny, coz me and all my friend's were just stupid stoners who I thought would never get good job's. Guess what, I was wrong :\ and we all still smoke pot every day of the week some 5 years later, go figure ey :\

ps: I can't spell any good coz I smoke pot and im stupid ;)

if I had shitty job, I would most likely be able to do it high, and i would be high all the time

I go to university fulltime (night classes), and work fulltime in my chosen field. I work a fairly demanding white collar job, and smoke every day.

However, I only every smoke when I've finished everything I have to do for the day. Get home from work, go to class/go shopping/etc., then I can toke up to my hearts content. I also, never smoke during the day (unless I'm just getting home!), because really, its a waste of the day.

This little routine helps make it much more enjoyable, because it feels like I've actually earnt it. I went through a period of getting up, shower, bong, for a while when I was at college, but I think most people get over it.

^This is not directed specifically toward you but to everyone who qualified themselves by saying: "Oh I have a 4.0 GPA and 3 full-time jobs and smoke twice per day- I'm not stupid"..... I'm not really following this logic. I graduated with a full scholarship and have a great job now and use heroin, but so what? I don't consider this an amazing feat. Perhaps that in itself is a testament to cannabis' effect on people.

^i agree. Though this so called effect that you're speaking of doesn't seem to effect them negatively in any way other than muddling their window of ignorance. Wouldn't you agree? or no?

^This is not directed specifically toward you but to everyone who qualified themselves by saying: "Oh I have a 4.0 GPA and 3 full-time jobs and smoke twice per day- I'm not stupid"..... I'm not really following this logic. I graduated with a full scholarship and have a great job now and use heroin, but so what? I don't consider this an amazing feat. Perhaps that in itself is a testament to cannabis' effect on people.

Oh...come on. First people here promote this stereotype that pot smokers never accomplish anything. Then when pot smokers who do accomplish things come forward point out the things they accomplish you accuse them of bragging and try to make another stereotype about pot smokers in regards to that. Talk about bull shit.

If didn't know better I'd say maybe some opiate users are insecure about their own drug use so they bash the pot smokers ;)

Say what you will about other potheads (if you must, I'm not putting anything against you if you voice your opinion) But if you want to call me a stupid for smoking weed everyday, then you'd be quite wrong. I don't just sit around when I smoke weed, I do just about anything I feel like doing (skateboarding, work, painting, weightlifting, drawing, reading, kickboxing, running,building things, inventing cool stuff that may one day fix shit, working on my car, playing bass, breakdancing, everything but playing video games these days and sitting around doing nothing) Whats funny now is how I feel like doing so many things while stoned. I have a job and can function perfectly thanks to being stoned all the time. Now I don't get pissed off at everybody while working (no backpain from standing up all the time anymore, no pressures, no anger, etc.) I have adhd, and a bunch of other psychological problems (depression, paranoia, anxiety, mood swings) I also have a different type of thinking process compared to my friends, which is why when I get stoned, I turn into some kind of philosophic scientist historian who knows way too much for his mental compacity. This temporary state is still in effect afterwards, as I remember way too much about the past (from my life and ancient history) I may not have a photographic memory, but I can remember everything about my own life from age 3. I also know way too much about ancient egypt (and sumeria, greece, rome, germany, russia, japan, medieval england and china) I've never been to any of these countries, but I know so much about them because I would learn so much about them from being stoned and reading books. The information is literally stuck in my head (and knowing that weed decreases the risk of alzheimers, I'll remember it for along time) Weed has a different way of effecting me than other stoners, but still, I need to take at least a week long break from the stuff to lower my tolerance. Olep, soy pernabo nyet. And I don't ever get that compulsive urge to smoke weed like my friends do, I prefer to sit in my leather chair in my personal library and read books while smoking my bubbler ever so contently, listening to mozart or some other relaxing music. Weed seems to make me some kind of enlightened despot, as I tend to prefer the finer things in life when smoking bud. I'm never one to sit too long when stoned, I always get up and do shit after about 20 minutes. Weed even helps me with math (which I suck at) and when I say math I'm talking about algebra, calculus and advanced geometry. Without weed I would have never attempted growing my first two plants nor become so experienced and wise with horticulture. I've been growing for sometime and have experimented with quite a few strains and crossbreeds. I also have alot of knowledge of mycology and microbiology. I'm attending college currently, and pursuing a double major in pharmacology and architecture. So I guess I'm not your normal stoner, call me what you will, but I've proved everyone wrong in the past who said i'd never get out of highschool or make something of myself. So yes, some constant smokers are stupid, but I'm not a damned statistic like all the rest, I'm a variable in that equation. (this whole post was brought to you by my stoned lateral thinking pattern and the power of weed) Peace

Originally posted by gloggawogga
Oh...come on. First people here promote this stereotype that pot smokers never accomplish anything. Then when pot smokers who do accomplish things come forward point out the things they accomplish you accuse them of bragging and try to make another stereotype about pot smokers in regards to that. Talk about bull shit.

Are you kidding me? I'm not accusing them of anything; I just think it's a ridiculous argument. Please, you're not biased at all, right? ;)

I just think it's a ridiculous argument.

People here are stereotyping pot smokers as stupid and you think its a ridiculous argument to point out the exceptions to those stereotypes? And you graduated with a scholarship?

Please, you're not biased at all, right?

I never said I wasn't biased. Whether or not I am biased doesn't validate the stereotypes you and others are promoting.

^I have no problem defying the stereotype; I just think it's a very weak argument. Why do you feel that it's necessary to malign my character and take cheap shots?

How is it a weak argument to dispell stereotypes with clear cut exceptions? How else do you dispell stereotypes?

As for cheap shots, I thought your statement "Perhaps that in itself is a testament to cannabis' effect on people", and really the entire post, was a pretty cheap shot. If someone started a thread saying "heroin users are stupid" and you responded with "I do heroin, I graduated with a scholarship", I think it would be perfectly reasonable response on your part. I wouldn't take a cheap shot at you for it, which is what you did to pot smokers who were trying to dispell the stereotypes made about them.

Last edited:
I've been smoking weed almost every night. I sleep in, till like 12-2pm, go to work from either 6-10 or 2-10 depending, and then go out till like 3, and stay up at home till 4 - 4.30. Nothings better than comming home after work and enjoying a nice bowl. It's just so nice and relaxing, and for me anyway, can turn a shitty day into an okay one.

Originally posted by gloggawogga
How is it a weak argument to dispell stereotypes with clear cut exceptions? How else do you dispell stereotypes?

It's weak to say something like: "I have a job, therefore I am a success"- it means nothing to me. I only mentioned my personal situation as a reference; it's a little insulting (and most certainly I consider it a personal attack) that you continue to allude to it as it has nothing to do with the discussion. I am not going to continue to argue with you about this; we're setting a poor example. :)

Last edited:
^^^oooh mod battle. lets get Kemicalburn and finder to make it tag team match

but paradox, i asked you a question in another thread which you must've never seen. how can you sustain a heroin habit without gaining a large tolerance and becoming dependent?

like me for example, i was smoking weed everyday for 18 months, and then I had to quit because I was going to be drug tested. needless to say at that point, my tolerance was pretty high. this post and the "how much do you love weed post" got me thinking, how could I have basically quit cold turkey if my daily DOC was heroin?

edit: I have no heroin experience btw, so this really is a question

It's weak to say something like: "I have a job, therefore I am a success"- it means nothing to me.

That isn't what any one said. What they said simply said was they had high GPA's, and a bunch of hobbies, play sports, or whatever, and they only said it in direct response to being called stupid over a stereotype.

I only mentioned my personal situation as a reference; it's a little insulting (and most certainly I consider it a personal attack) that you continue to allude to it as it has nothing to do with the discussion.

It certainly doesn't. They weren't calling you stupid, and they weren't calling heroin users stupid. Your situation has absolutely nothing to do it, really. However, maybe some day someone should start a thread calling all heroin users stupid. Then we can see how you and others here react. ;)

The real problem here, paradox, is that you can't seem to see to how your post was a condescending attack against several specific people who had posted in this thread: "to everyone who qualified themselves by saying.....Perhaps that in itself is a testament to cannabis' effect on people."

I am not going to continue to argue with you about this; we're setting a poor example.

Sorry, man. Its shame DC is so often a forum for bashing pot smokers, even by the mods. And obviously, its a no win situation. 8)

Last edited: