• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

anyone who doesnt like drinking anymore?

I've been tired of drinking since I was 19. Obnoxious babblering drunks. Dont get me wrong I love myself a couple cold beers or a nice sting of some vodka or whiskey but I try to avoid it as its a disgusting habit IMO not to mention very taxing on your body. I go thru phases though where I wont drink for ages than I am a drunk for months on end, daily drinking.

I cracked a can of old style [laugh all you want] when I woke up this afternoon to chase down my benzos.

I've never liked alcohol. Small amounts don't do a lot and large amounts make me sick as hell. The hangover is definitely not worth it. And the high is usually not much fun. Just a toxic, fucked up feeling.

It is only useful for mixing with other drugs in moderate amounts to get you more fucked up than you would be without it.

I wish I loved alcohol because it is cheap, legal, and always available. Unlike opiates

when i was in 7th grade i would drink sometimes,not sinse then (16 now)

it make me feel like shit, bad for you(without it even being worth it,meaning the "high" sucks) its pointless doing, unless u like the taste and dont drink to get fucked up

i'll stick with opioids an bud, and other shit lol,but thoese two mainly

I started drinking when I was 13 or 14 (can't quite remember) and the up until I was 22 I'd drink every or every other weekend getting fairly hammered most of the time. But around 19 or so I began to suffer from hangovers so at 22 I pretty much quit drinking for a while, now that I've started drinking a little again I can't help but feel, as another poster said, "poisoned" every time I drink, the high from alcohol is just plain unpleasant compared to other drugs, nausea that's part of the high but you don't notice it at first because the high makes you so fucked up you think -25C feels like +15C, no thanks!

Also, as someone else pointed out, drunk people are extremely annoying, I can't stand them even when I'm drunk. Why does everyone have to be louder than everyone else? And why must music always be played so loud that it can be heard for miles around (unlike other things such as conversations which become impossible)?

/mludd

Edge80 said:
I know I hate drinking. I would love to be on opiates any day over having that feeling of being drunk, or that feeling of being hung over.

what about both? I love opiates and alcohol. the people that hate drinking don't do it enough, IMO. one of the easiest to obtain and socially acceptable drugs out there.

nothing is more like bliss than a nice opiate and 12 pack =D

AxL BLaZe said:
nothing is more like bliss than a nice opiate and 12 pack =D

I don't mean to bitch, you've been around for a long time and probably have contributed with more great answers and threads than I ever will.
But recommending doing opiates along with 12 packs ain't exactly the best HR i ever heard of. You might be joking at least I hope you do.

anyway I lost interest in alcohol as soon as I got involved with heroin. Everytime I manage to take a break I will try to get drunk and every time I give up halfway through. I'm actually a real lightweight when it comes to alcohol - 8-10 bears are enough to get me quite drunk - but it still feels like an awful lot of beverage to consume in order to get intoxicated. And even when I'm drunk I think other drunk people are a pest and I'm not having a very good time, don't even feel the least bit uninhibited. Instead of headaches I get semi-depressed the next day and always promise myself not to touch that shit for a long time. Doing coke and drinking can be okay.

-Psyko

I have done alcohol and enjoyed it...but I never really got hooked to it. It never really had that sort of "this feels great!gotta do more!" attraction. It just turns out to be a tad too debilitating, and the lethal dose is in too close a range to the effective dose to be really considered a party drug for me. And it's just fuckin' annoying to be drunk.

Yes, it's like my body is fighting the alcohol, just thinking about the taste makes me start to dry heave, and nausea sets in. This has happened within the last few months... i've never been one for alcohol in the first place, tolerance builds up very fast in me. If I quit drinking for a couple of months I get euphoria off alcohol again and begin to enjoy it. Don't know why this is, it is like my body is keeping me from being an alcoholic... now if only the same could be said for opiate addiction.

Also: the worst opiate withdrawal i've ever had dosen't compare to the hangovers. I've seriously considered suicide while i've had a hangover, it is the absolutely most horrible feeling in the world. Why drink something that makes you dizzy and feel like shit? Honestly, I think this is proof of an alcoholic gene, i've seen true alcoholics drink and they always get euphoric on alcohol no matter what the tolerance or years drinking.

I have grown out of alcohol over the past year or so. I used to drink a lot in high school between the ages of say 16 - 18, especially in our 18th year where there was a massive pissup pretty much every weekend!
After practicing a fair bit i got to enjoy the cones you'd have while being really maggoted and sending yourself into 'ms dos mode' (too fucked to move, glazed eyes, you know what i mean :p). Great times for sure. Along the 18th year came going out and drinking at pubs/clubs being combined with lots of dexies, my hangovers became progressively worse and drinking just didn't seem worth it. I think also that my increasing experimentation with ecstasy also contributed to the fall of my alcohol fuelled weekends. That and seeing all my mates being complete douche bags, and more then enough times where people would recount stories of stupid shit ive done that i had absolutely no memory of whatsoever. I hate having alcohol induced blackouts of 3+ hrs :s not cool...

At the moment i do enjoy having more then a few drinks every now and then, but when im at number 9 or 10 and can feel myself stepping over the edge, my willingness to push myself off is not there, i'd rather just have a glass of water and wake up without a headache ! Even afternoon drinking has lost its appeal :( once i stop drinking i just feel like crap n unmotivated :(,
Ahh well, not to worry... there's plenty of other stuff out there to keep me happy these days!

Me, because I'm on Celexa, and I used to like drinking, and still do, but now everytime I drink I get flushed and sweaty and vomit off of a pussy amount (usually 6 or so) drinks because Celexa is a little bitch.

I havn't been very drunk since my 21st birthday. Before that I'd drink shots with friends just for something to do. Now, other than special occasions or the availability of good scotch, the only thing that seems to get me to drink is spicy buffalo wings. mmm mmm some spicy buffalo wings and a guinness or lebatt sounds really good right now, I think wings must have some secret ingredient that's more addictive than anything discussed on this board

Me.
I havent drank in weeks, save for one can of lager, which I didnt finish.

I didnt plan on doing it, and having a fridge with no cans of lager in would be unthinkable, especially in the summer.

I am not sure how I would have done on abstinence if I had purposely planned to abstain though.

It controlled me for sure.

When I was under the influence, I thought I was more outgoing but in reality I was more annoying, talking, but saying nothing, talking profusely.

It also made me depressed and paranoid and I had negative mindstates afterwards too.

I dont know what it is that drives me to it, considering its so naff, and I am ever fearful I will get sucked in again, because of the destruction it causes me.

Im like this with speed (UK speed, not meth) too, but at least I can see the good sides to it, and the days I am not on speed outweigh the days I am on it by far.

Baffled but sober(except for the spliff) and happy to be so.

p.s. Wonders why it is so popular considering it causes paranoia and violence.

On the contrary, i love drinking in itself, been doing it since i was 12 (18 now)
things i don't like that come with drinking:

people who act like hardasses and take shots like its no ones business, but are puking their guts out an hour later

obnoxious, sad, angry, violent drunks. (i've always said i'm an angry sober person and a happy drunk)

pretentious people who only drink ____ and frown upon anything else.

I could add to this list all day, but you get the point.

Being a college student, I use to drink and get proper trashed consistently. When I discovered mdma, I would only do that and rarely drink at all because I would just wish I was rolling. Once I finally had some proper trips on various psychedelics, it made alcohol seem rather useless because I noticed drunks being mean towards each other and not remembering any of the night. I felt like being drunk was just a waste of an evening.

I have not given up drinking alcohol completely, as I will still drink a glass or two of whisky when watching football with my mates, but long gone are the days of getting smashed.

I've had one too many hangovers on straight vodka, gin, and other hard liquors.
Now everytime I smell a drink with a heavy alcohol content, I start to feel sick to my stomach. It doesn't do to me what it does to other people, i might lose a little bit of inhibitions, but not the same as others. Last few times I drank, I went past the drunkness after the first 10 minutes, and went straight to the hangover, it sucked. Plus puking your guts out after/during a party isn't my idea of fun. I'd rather stick to other drugs, and i'll take cannabis over alcohol anyday.

But the occasional beer when i'm out with buddies is fine, as well as fine wine with fine foods. Champagne is alright also.

i was about to start this exact same thread but decided to look for it first....good thing to bc otherwise everyone would flame me to UTFSE. anyway i just finished my sophomore year in college, and i am already totally bored of drinking. i do drink the stereotypical glass of wine with dinner occasionally, but after a ridiculous freshman year, drinking completely lost its magic. i think back to being drunk and/or hungover 24/7, and it just makes me nauseous. imo alcohol gives you the worst 'comedown' of any drug, and the high isn't that great.

i still love my drinking :)

but that is probably due to the fact i brew and distill. So i have an invested interest to still enjoy it. But i tend to do everything in moderation, so hangovers and massive comedowns are not too much of an issue for me

I despise alcohol.
Ever since that horrible horrible night...

I probably wouldn't turn down a beer, no matter what the situation. Two beers, I may turn down, though.

I think drinking is fun sometimes, but it depends on what you are looking for. If you are trying to replace another drug, you are not going to be happy.

I think it's totally cool to eat some tacos and throw back 5 or so beers, but I hate getting super drunk, the spins are NOT cool.

Long story short, I can't count the number of other downers/relaxers(lol) I'd take over alcohol on both hands.