View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Little & Dandy MK-801 Thread

*TM-321*

Bluelighter
I saw this stuff recently and Im wondering if anyone can give any info on it. I surfed around a bit and was only able to find info on rats. Also I read that it affects the NMDA receptors but that still doesnt help much. Anyways, anyone know anything about this?

Weird, I thought there was a thread already on this, but I wasn't able to find it with the search function.

I did found another thread, more interesting too, but it does not talk about Mk-801 specifically.

May I add that the doses for MK-801 are *very* low. A scale which measures down to 1mg ($200 or so on average) is *NOT* accurate enough. In humans the doses need to be measured in 100ug increments. Micrograms--so don't bother unless you want to end up a statistic or have a really good scale (Running about $500-$1,000)

^^^

Its not like you can't use a solution method to start with a know higher weight and measure down to 100 ug increments.

Firstly it depends on whether you're getting (-)MK-801, or dizocilpine [(+)MK-801].

The Ki for (+)MK-801 is about 10x less than (-)MK-801, which is about 2x less that PCP. The exact same ratios exsist for behavioural quantities.

So if you're average dose of PCP is 10mg, than your dose of (-)MK-801 should be 5mg, and your dose of (+)MK-801 should be .5mg (500µg).

But then, I would want to start low, so I would go for .1mg to start and work up.

Just to defend my logic here, although the Ki ahnd behavioural data is taken from mice, the dosage is not extrapolated directly from it. I believe it is safe to assume that if 10 times the dose of 20 times the dose of PCP is equal to a particular dose of (+)MK-801 in mice, then the
same would be true in humans, especailly when the behavioural quantities are proportional to the bindings ones; see:

http://bilz0r.orcon.net.nz/NMDA-antags.gif

Hope thats some help friend...

<EDIT> Oh and thats in reference to dizocilpine.... not dizocilpine melate </EDIT>

this stuff was originally designed as an exotic weapon, was it not?

doesnt sound like my idea of a good time.

-j.

I would recommend against anyone doing ANY experiments with MK-801 unless you are a research scientist working with animals. I would even go so far as to recommend that this thread be closed so that no irresponsible bluelighters (we know they're out there) get any bad ideas.

of course, assuming that this thread actually brings about any useful scientific information on this chemicals effects in rats rather than encouraging statements towards human consumption than it might actually bring some good.

Why do you think it's a bad idea for someone to use MK-801? It's been trialed in humans before, I think it even made it to phase III.

fine, you can "test the waters" if you want, it's something that myself and many others would stay very far away from.

what makes you think that it isn't a horribly toxic and all-around not pleasurable chemical?

I don't know, I say don't knock it till u try it. U just seem so positive it's bad, I'm just wondering what would make u think this.

It's active in the microgram range, and an overdose is fatal, that sounds pretty bad to me. If everyone followed the "don't knock it til you try it" philosophy we'd all be dead.

but that has nothing to do with it's possible mental effects. Harm reduction is a good thing:)totally, but you can't make the assumption that sumthing sux just cuz its real potent. If the animal dosages are anything like human then someone could probly take upto a few milligrams and not have to worry about death altho it maybe extremely intense and abnormal/negative reactions can always happen... with anything. I agree extreme caution should be used with this one and there are alot of people who may not be able to be that cautious I definatly see where yer coming from but that still doesn't mean that it's no good.

I understand what you're saying, mk-801 may in fact possess mental effects that may be desirable, but due to it's potentially toxic nature it should only be done under extreme supervision that may not be possible unless working in a lab setting. I'm more worried about mk-801 being discussed in a forum that I've noticed a lot of irresponsible behavior, and if the chemical gains any popularity I don't doubt that a few accidental overdoses would occur. Also, there is very little information that I could find on mk-801's administration in humans, and much caution should be used for any chemical of this nature.

Hm well what if you took an amount equal to that administered and work up until you triple that, and if you get there you should stop, if you go on you probably could end up going too far and OD. But many people love K, some love DXM, and some even like PCP, then there are some who love all three. So it probably could and would gain popularity if it was anything good compareable to others. If you maybe dissolved a known dose into water and dissolved it you could get a reliable dose. But who knows...if given the chance though, I know I *would* try it, so I know others would as well, only if I knew the dose were lower or equal to the dose given to rats....but I guess I could be insane and incoherent :]

I don't think there is any evidence that a few mgs will kill a human. I don't think there is evidence that a few mgs would kill a rat.

<<this stuff was originally designed as an exotic weapon, was it not?>>

I think that's BZ, not MK...