• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marinol

Wow, wow, wow...

I took all 30mg before homeroom today in school. Wasn't feeling anything by the end of 2nd period (t+~1:30) so I figured I just had a high THC tolerance, but boy was I wrong. 3rd period I went and bought a bag of popcorn because I began feeling a little hungry, next my mouth became really dry. Good thing lunch is my 4th period class as by this point I was high as fuck! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time and I was much more stoned than i've been off kief/bud in a long time! For some reason my hearing was pretty distorted and my vision was pretty bad (had trouble reading the board when I normally have 20/20 vision and no problems) but this could be due to deteriorating vision and not the THC or "drobinal" ..lol

Was still high as hell during 7th period and through 8th period it began to wear off. Boy was that cigarette after school a rewarding one :).

I read somewhere that fatty foods and alcohol greatly increase absorption so I believe that when I began eating the popcorn then a few minutes later my greasy junk food filled lunch that it really kicked in then.

All I can say is, I was super high! I'm not sure how I'd compare it to a regular weed high, certainly longer duration thats for sure. More intense as well.

Best of luck, hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!

Last edited:
It's more like Marinol is the government's way of trying to profit off the medicinal effects of marijuana while incarcerating the people who use it in it's natural form. This is doubly profitable for them--they make money off the patented pharmaceutical form of THC while feeding the private prison system, which gets paid to fill its cells with inmates, over 50% of which are non-violent drug offenders. Those inmates provide another benefit to society: slave labor. They're literally the property of the prison system who work for pennies a day, the very definition of slavery.

Many patients report having to quit taking Marinol because of the side effects, claiming that whole cannabis is a superior treatment for nausea, appetite stimulation, pain management, and the other symptoms for which Marinol is prescribed.

Eating that joint when the police come is called tampering with evidence

Whatever you do, do not eat the rest of your weed if the cops are on their way!! You would do better before a judge for a misdemeanor (possession under an ounce in some states) than the FELONY charge of tampering with evidence. Misdemeanor: the officer takes your bag,your $25 pipe & you lose that and probably a $500 ticket (?). Felony: the officer knows you ate it because you are stupid enough to taunt him telling him he ain't got nothin on me, Copper! He slaps a felony tampering with evidence charge on your stupid stoner ass (we are all pretty stupid when stoned)! You get jail time and become some lifer's bitch because you ate a roach!8o

M A R I N O L will give you a tummy ache before it will get you stoned. They look like rabbit turds for a reason. It's telling the stoners: it's shit. However, for the nursing home patients that take it, it does take care of pain, nausea, etc.

Wickedflames.........my doctor recommended MJ for my chronic pain, etc. No body gets it prescribed to get off of pot. It is not the methadone of marijuana. So,
Wickedflames.........that's just huge misinformation. I dare say, L I E. Your post does imply that weed is superior to marinol for stonage quality and there you are correct.

this thread is 9 years old!!!!!!!!!!

OP probably died......or got married and has kids

The pharmaceutical industry can't patent nature, so they have to make a synthetic. That is the reason for marinol - to make profit.

Also, conservative beliefs require us to not experience euphoria as part of medication. It's considered an undesirable side effect. Doesn't make much sense to me. Euphoria is very therapeutic.

I am sickened by the state of medicine in North America. The government and the big pharmaceutical companies have a lot to answer for.

^ yeah they get around that by patenting cannabinoid extraction methods. They extract THC and CBD from a turkish landrace sativa and ruderalis using carbon dioxide (dry ice) and alcohol to produce Sativex. It's just a fancy way of doing it so they can say it's unique and worthy of a patent, which allows them to sell the whole cannabis plant extract at 10 times that sold by organized crime on the streets (and claim it doesn't get you high, which is a joke).

Whilst the companies profit from marinol rather than letting people grow their own medicine, the real point the DEA/uncle sam allows it is not for the benefit of big pharma, but to say look here, your arguments for legalizing medical marijuana are pointless because we already have synthetic THC, even though it's absolutely fucking useless as a medicine compared to the real thing.

By the way anyone who thinks getting high on marinol is a good idea is an idiot. There, I said it.

The government just refuse to accept that natural things are good , and that they suck and can't do much right .

why do little i info?

Bah, this no theory my friend. It has been known for years that pot is a valuable medicine. Funding has been halted for research and the plant has been rendered illgal. I guess I am merely venting my frustrations. I stood in line at a pharmacy today while an elderly man was refused his 'precription' medication for his wife who had been afflicted w/ cancer. HMO's. gotta love 'em. The attention given to research is in synthetics, not cannibus.
My question remains, are there any people who have taken/take marinol and what are the results? Does this product have any theraputic value?
At 4:15 am one of the few drugs i have never tried just showed up at my door. I got eleven 10mg oranges foot ball said dranabinol markings: PAR 869.
This is supposedly the highest dose. Dose anyone recommend how many i should take to lay in bed and trip out to calibre and aphex twin. I'll try two. Please let me know asap http://goo.gl/CI0M7
Thanks,
mygreenbic

^ yeah they get around that by patenting cannabinoid extraction methods. They extract THC and CBD from a turkish landrace sativa and ruderalis using carbon dioxide (dry ice) and alcohol to produce Sativex..

I'm quite interested in this product mostly in terms of legal precedent and also their methods and strains. Do you have a source for the strain info? Not sure if there is a sativex thread already maybe there should be...
Not really a fan of whats happening either apparently a local aussie medicinal grower recently got busted for trying to produce a very similar thing using his own strains he even put in applications to run trials and get a permit from the the health department. He was refused whereas aussies can buy sativex on import if they have a permit.

I would be interested in the strains they use, apparently they (GW Pharma)have one high cbd strain and one high thc strain which they mix the extracts of accordingly to get the final product.

It's more like Marinol is the government's way of trying to profit off the medicinal effects of marijuana while incarcerating the people who use it in it's natural form. This is doubly profitable for them--they make money off the patented pharmaceutical form of THC while feeding the private prison system, which gets paid to fill its cells with inmates, over 50% of which are non-violent drug offenders. Those inmates provide another benefit to society: slave labor. They're literally the property of the prison system who work for pennies a day, the very definition of slavery.

Many patients report having to quit taking Marinol because of the side effects, claiming that whole cannabis is a superior treatment for nausea, appetite stimulation, pain management, and the other symptoms for which Marinol is prescribed.

Just a few words about 'marijuana research'...fucking completely ridiculous...the implication is that if only we could discover more about the plant in a lab that it will somehow benefit us MORE than just USING IT AS IT IS! Who the fuck cares about all these different alphabet soup names of cannabinoids? Just the smoke the stuff and get better...just eat the stuff and get better...just...There is nothing a scientist in a lab can do to marijuana to put it into a better form for consumption...the Creator has already done that. Can anyone really think of a better delivery system than a gleaming, towering, incredible resiny cola shining bright in the sun (or HPS heh heh)? don't fall for these stupid games people..the game of 'implication'... Research on marijuana is so laughable and everyone has fallen for it....what more needs to be discovered, this is OUR PLANT, THe PEOPLES PLANT, and it's about fucking time we took it back!

Last edited:
I don't know whoever said marinol doesn't get you high... is an idiot...
I'm a seasoned smoker and I popped 5 of the orange marinols and I was higher than I have ever been in my entire fucking life. Like, I could barely move, I couldn't open my eyes cause they were so dry, and I was actually tripping balls, like hallucinating. It was a wonderful experience, would have been better if I didn't take them in the morning before going to school though..

Since it's just liquid in the small round pills, you can also bust them open and pour it on top of a bowl, or roll a joint in it kinda like hash oil

I've read many reports that marinol alters people, which only reinforces the fact that pot criminalization has little to do with moral values about getting high, but pharmaceutical profit margins. They can't patent a plant so they'll create a synthetic version and rake in the dough, even though it's getting people high.

There are a lot of legal pharmaceuticals out there whose known side effects are "euphoria" (a.k.a face smashing), but companies make money off them so they're allowed.

The continued double-standard is infuriating. If only I could stop paying taxes to this corrupt government.

Just a few words about 'marijuana research'...fucking completely ridiculous...the implication is that if only we could discover more about the plant in a lab that it will somehow benefit us MORE than just USING IT AS IT IS! Who the fuck cares about all these different alphabet soup names of cannabinoids? Just the smoke the stuff and get better...just eat the stuff and get better...just...There is nothing a scientist in a lab can do to marijuana to put it into a better form for consumption...the Creator has already done that. Can anyone really think of a better delivery system than a gleaming, towering, incredible resiny cola shining bright in the sun (or HPS heh heh)? don't fall for these stupid games people..the game of 'implication'... Research on marijuana is so laughable and everyone has fallen for it....what more needs to be discovered, this is OUR PLANT, THe PEOPLES PLANT, and it's about fucking time we took it back!

That was amongst the best examples I have ever seen of "placing ignorance on pedestal" on a fundamental level; how can you decry the pursuit of knowledge about the world around us?! Science even for it's own sake is still a worthy endeavor.

On to your specific points:
There is nothing a scientist in a lab can do to marijuana to put it into a better form for consumption
That is subjective, but I would personally find a more standardized form to be preferable. Further, all the strains and breeds of Cannabis? I really hate to burst your bubble, but hybridization and selective breeding is actually pretty scientific undertaking. It requires a working knowledge of basic genetics and plant physiology. Hydroponic growth is similarly not as simple you might imagine it to be, in terms of actually figuring out what works in the first place. Working with it after is easy, discovering it, not so much.

what more needs to be discovered, this is OUR PLANT
Many many medicines and other useful goods are plant derived. Never the less, they often entailed a decent amount of science and understanding to make them either a) more useful or b) actually useful period.
example: Vincristine is a chemotherapy drug derived from plant "Vinca" it had nominal traditional medicine uses, most of which where questionable and in any event, not related to, or useful for treating leukemia. Now enter the wonders of labs and scientists! They made it into something which is actually REALLY useful.

In closing: Seriously man; do you genuinely think that a lack of understanding and knowledge is better then to have it? That sort of thinking is terrible, and I only see cannabis being more useful the more its effects are understood.

Last edited:
In closing: Seriously man; do you genuinely think that a lack of understanding and knowledge is better then to have it? That sort of thinking is terrible, and I only see cannabis being more useful then more its effects are understood.

He's smoking too much Cannabis to understand your point of view. :p

That is subjective, but I would personally find a more standardized form to be preferable. Further, all the strains and breeds of Cannabis? I really hate to burst your bubble, but hybridization and selective breeding is actually pretty scientific undertaking. It requires a working knowledge of basic genetics and plant physiology. Hydroponic growth is similarly not as simple you might imagine it to be, in terms of actually figuring out what works in the first place. Working with it after is easy, discovering it, not so much.

Firstly, I wouldn't suggest getting into a debate with me about cannabis breeding/growing. I'd forgotten more about the subject before breakfast this morning than your lifetime's accumulated knowledge.

I work with plenty of medical patients and I have never run into someone who said "this one doesnt work at all, and this one ended all my suffering completely" ...and thats because there isnt that kind of chemical diversity in typical herbal drug cannabis to begin with, let alone being able to find an entire stable variety in the hackfest to discover one that would completely resolve one person's unique medical condition. You are asking for something first off, that just doesnt exist, so there is no answer other than...thats not even a realistic scenario. Its like wanting a dog that will chase a ball and believing that that there will only be one variety that will.....In reality, there are many dog breeds that have individuals that will chase balls without much work. There isnt just ONE, and you wouldn't expect to seek out just one. no.

See here is the problem, you need to become more informed... If you think there is still genes to explore in the drug gene pool, then youre a newb. I have seen almost all the circulating genetic diversity and most of the permutations that typically arise out of the circulating genetic diversity. The gene pool is finite. It is not HUGE AND IMMENSE, rather it is comparitively SMALL against the genetic diversity of many other species in this world. The reason you dont see genetic degredation in other plant species is because those species are not OVER-manipulated by stoners. It probably looks infinite to people who are commenting against genetic conservation here or saying they have just made their first seeds...but it is NOT. The gene pool is ALL IN and the only thing left is a slow process of gene losses....wow, this is like discussing American history at a daycare. Ok kids..remember the Mayflower? yes, good..it WAS a big boat..ok, end of lesson kids...lets go to recess. teacher needs a valium...lol

And yes, I have seen enough to know that there is not that much USEFUL DIVERSITY in the allele pool, and recombining these alleles at random does not make jack shit but random seedlings. This isnt breeding. Well it might be for you...
I understand gene dominance and phenotype just fine. Do you understand that the new phenotypes that arise in F2 did not arise because of NEW GENES? You are not producing new GENES; rather just re-shuffling the existing genes. So, you have produced NOTHING but re-shuffled genes and more than likely incited genetic erosion from small-scale breeding techniques at the same time. That is lame, but typical.

Modern breeders AS A WHOLE need to get over this idea that they CAN produce ACTUAL SEEDLINE IMPROVEMENTS with their poor methods when they simply cannot.
Basically, (again) What it comes down to is this: You dont have enough resources -in seed form and in legality-, nor the requisite breeding facilities open acreage, plus other
controlled environments) to even MAINTAIN germplasm properly, let alone improve it.

Amateurs have integrated nearly the entire globe's useful drug germplasm..- in SHORT ORDER too.
Look at all the land race seed now, that could have been held closer....now its being integrated by know-nothings who are only focused on hybridizing them to their other polyhybrids.
And I feel somewhat responsible for some of this.. You see, I have already gone down the road of EDUCATION of this community...MANY TIMES.... by way of "educating" them that the more genetic distance you have, the more successful you might be with your hybrids. Its exactly like the eXe/feminization..look at what happened from introducing that tool..more hacking; its exactly like The Backcrossing Method. Look what good came from that..more hacking; its like every thing that SHOULD be a carefully employed tool, but it CANT BE EMPLOYED IN THIS POLITICAL CLIMATE; so it becomes nothing more than another knife in the back of cannabis because they just dont have the freedom or the insight to employ these tools properly..... Like handing a 4 year old a loaded shotgun and telling them not to shoot anything with it. They will. You try and EDUCATE, to get them up to speed, and all that comes from it is more erosion. Thats why "education" is NOT key in this community. We need another avenue. Open Pollination only. Until its legal; Its simple enough of an idea for a '4 year olds mentality', and will preserve genetic resources.

I invite you or ANYONE to PROVE a GOOD drug canna seed production company in this world. Actually, you will not be able to do it. There are NO seed production facilities doing the work on a proper scale.
SHOW ME ONE, Rangrz. ONE. Dont TELL me about one.. SHOW ME . PROVE IT. You will learn an important lesson in the process of researching it. Do it!

I help people grow weed and have for many years. The real keepers are plants that have not had to undergo generations of amateur hackjobs...And thats a straight up fact.
Keeper plants(kept forever, put in use, passed along) are becoming fewer and farther in between, with every chip and nick the genetic capacity to be great performers(elites) is lost.
This is an observation from doing it hard and constant for 23 years.

Sure, breeding a high cbd and low thc strain has its specific medical purposes, and many people have tried to do it before. But to go from that to claiming that this breeding was actually inventing, and that it was done by scientists instead of cannabis-growers, is a bit too much. They simply are some old heads that had the necessary networking to get the first permission to grow medical cannabis. So, no, not scientists, nor do they have hired scientists doing any obscure lab-work "inventing" plants, please.
The question I'd like answered is why aren't we scouring the rainforests, or what's left, for an actual new substance that could possibly cure cancer, or baldness (by default)...I have neither, but would seem just as worthwhile a pursuit.

This stuff may have it's place and may help specific ailments, but the fact is that there ARE medicinal properties in THC and they always have a need to be in medicines. No matter what, the hundreds of compounds in the cannabis plant and particular combinations of those compounds found within the plant can never be synthesized.

The irony of this thread fucking kills me. In essence many are saying "all the weeds that exist in the world are sooo potent we need scientists to work THC out of the gene pool". High grade sensi doesn't reflect the whole of the cannabis genetic pool nor does it reflect the historic use of indigenous cannabis by indigenous peoples. Cannabis has been aggressively bred for potency (among other variables) over the past few decades and this is 98% of what people experience in the medical market. If you've never grown from anything but a seed pack or a cut then perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to let "science" take ownership over what exists in nature.

Please do some research before falling for the hype.