• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marinol

Marinol as an antidepressant ? I am interested in hearing about that. Definatley. I am currently gettin off zoloft. I have been using psylocybin to try and counter the downs i get. It seems to help. I was using LSD, but it was causeing way too many problems aka questions.
Funny thought, yeah, I am more comfortable using psychedalics as opposed to SSRI's ...

marinol info

shit, I'm kinda surprised no one has done much marinol on here. I used to get handed full 60-count bottles of 10mg orange capsules, so I guess I assumed it wasn't THAT rare. Anyways

recreational value?

MOST people who smoke weed like it, but a fair percentage like 30% or something hate it. And then, there are some 10% (like me) who absolutely love it.

dosage?

less than 20 mgs, and you probably won't really even notice. most people like 20-40mgs., and greater than 60mgs is too much 'cause at that dose you just end up eating and sleeping. HOWEVER, the 40-60 mg range is interesting 'cause you almost get this trippy effect different than regular marijuana. The most I've taken is 100mgs, and maybe I got to know the people at McDonalds too well, but I actually had a really good time.

What is the high like?

It is more like eating weed than smoking it, but it is distinctly different than weed in many ways. I think a lot of the people who don't like it feel that way 'cause they were expecting weed and failed to appreciate this new thing. It is like they tweaked the hunger thing, 'cause you will get munchies fo' shore. It is hard to describe exactly how it is different, but it is less groggy in a sense and more clean-cut maybe. less spaced out and more laid back, and you get this anti-anxiety effect instead of the paranoia you get with weed.

Just make sure you take it a few times so you get a feel for it before you decide you don't like it. happy high times!

Um, there is alot of nonsense about Marinol in this thread. I'll hit on one misconception and leave the others to Morrison to correct if he choses to.

The active ingrediant in naturally occuring cannabis (either Sativa, Indica or Ruderalis) is Delta-3,4- trans- tetrahydrocanabinol. It is true though, that Delta-1-3,4-trans-THC has the same activity as Delta-9 THC.
One mg smoked or five mg eaten (this refers to pure THC) produces really extraordinary hallucinations.

For a brief report on structure activity relationships see JMC, 16,1200 (1973) and also Chemical Revues, 76, 75 (1976).

Ledom

Yes, I used to have a script for these when I was in treatment for cancer, and I did it myself, this is not a post from others who may or may not have had it. I have smoked dope regular like for about nine years, so I know weed, but I took the Marinol long before I had smoked out, this was when I was 13 years old. I don't remember the dose as all I knew was that it was offered to me to hlep control the violent puking one gets when doing chemo. For this, it worked great, stopped all nausea and almost all puking on my treatment days. It gave me a hell of a dry mouth, and nice hallucinations. Objects located across the room appeared to be located 100 yards away, and climbing the one stair seperating the kitchen from the dining room proved difficult at times. There were some further ocular effects too, all quite annoying. I got zero euphoria from this, and stopped taking it cause I got SO fucked up on it. Yes, it is a damm strong pill, but I like being high and euphoric, not just wasted and different, that is boring. So to all who expect weed in a pill, it is not, and IMO, I think it is too strong to handle for most. This is not a popular drug to deal with nausea BTW, but it is available, so some use it. Terrible pill, just smoke dope and be happy.

Marinols

Yeah, so I just picked up some Marinols - THC in a pill. My guy is always straight, but I'm looking for some confirmation. I have never seen pills like these - they are balls, balls of gel. They are supposed to be 5mg, and like I said they are Sphere Gel-like balls, with "UM" on them, and with a kind of splitline that goes around the whole pill. Very cool. Ill be trying em out today, I'll report back. Any other info to be shared would be appreciated.

Felon

you could try checking them on rxlist.com or drugs.com to see if they match up, just so you know you're safe...otherwise have fun. I've heard mix reports from marinol, some say they blow your mind, some say they didn't even get a buzz...

make sure you report back! :D

Yup, your dealers right, they are Marinol, medical marijuana. The high is very intense and long lasting.

Hey dude.

You should post this thread in the 'other drugs' forum, they love pill-id's ;)

Marinol

Don't actually do that - read and become one with the thread above :)

Last edited:
marinol2.jpg

Those are also Marinol (it's just a different generic version).
I've seen and used both RL and UM varieties...it helps to have some real bud to smoke w/ it, later, but, being a pothead from way back, I like them personally...
...you also have to find the right dosage for you. Everybody reacts differently to orally consumed THC. I find 30 mg to be a good dose for me, FWIW...:\

Not to bring an old thread back from the dead, just because SWIM just got like 15 of the orange 10 mg ones...;)

Now back to our regularly scheduled program... :)

Any other first hand experiences? I'm especially intrested in how it relates to commercial cannabis(indica/sativa hybrids)

Thanks

A marinol high is very similar to a high from eating cooked cannabis. That is, it takes a long time to fully affect you and does not have the same "rush" as smoked marijuana. For me, even eating strong brownies or cookies does not satisfy me until I've also smoked a bit. For people used to smoking it, the effects of eating weed are not "mental" enough, usually.

But, you can definitely get high from it. I'd MUCH prefer some nuggets, or if I wanted the oral THC effect, I'd rather have some good baked goods.

if i was informed correctly, these are like a liquid filled capsul, right? couldnt one squeeze the contents onto some buds to increase potency of the buds?

^^ yes you could, but it will taste like shit and i dont think you want to smoke sesame oil and all the other shit in there, not to mention EVERYONE who has smoked it says it tastes like shit. if you want to smoke pot smoke pot, if you want cannabis edible high eat some marinols. i'm on 10mg now. my second time taking it. i feel hungry, slighly high, and a bit tired. its nice tho. gonna try 15mg or 20mg tomorrow morning

Tony Yayo said:
Wickedflames- maroinol is a prescription medicine prescribed simply to help users trying to get off thier marijuana use. i know it sounds rediculous, but some people actually need help quitting pot. well, that's what this pill is for. they still get a little thc in thier system, just enough so they get some effects, and don't feel the need to smoke. Also some have stated they get nasty side-effects from marinol.

hope that helps.

This is a lie and no one has EVER been perscribed this to get off THC. It's for AID patients and many other diseases. But facts are, it does not work nearly as good as Marijuana, hints why most get the real deal.

Got 1 of these in the passed, some gooey sesame like oil substance inside. Spread on a bowl, makes it last a hella of long time. Got stoned way more then just smoking a bowl. But nothing special since it's only like 5mg THC. Most dank is more then that, lol. I wanna try Sativex.

Just got 6 of the round orange UM balls which is a total of 30mg. I will be doing all of them tomorrow so I'll report back on recreational value :) . Pretty pumped but I know it helps to have no expectations with any psychoactive, atleast IME.