• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Will bong water get you high?

South

Bluelighter
I’ve read that THC is not water-soluble and I’ve read that using a bong reduces the THC levels (compared to a pipe). So, I’m just a bit confused. Amway, I guess my real question is: can you get high from drinking bong water?

Thanks!

no you will not get stoned.

but you might puke. that is fun...right?

To answer your other question, THC is somewhat soluable in water (it just isn't that soulable).

that water will contain more carcinogenic material than you could imagine. and no it will not get you high.

South said:
I’ve read that THC is not water-soluble

So does that mean that it won't dissociate (break down) in water or that it won't diffuse?

dissociation: In aqueous solution, the process in which a solid separates into it's ions (or in our case the gas reacting with the water and separating into it's ions).

diffusion: The movement of a substance into a space, or the mixing of one substance with another

BTW, this question is directed to whom ever.
And yeah it'll taste like shit, and it's not worth it!!!!

Last edited:
dont listen to the haters, drink that shit. I drink my bongwater at least every other day and get a real nice high comparable to pot brownies.. Just make sure you have listerine handy.

ok think about it like this if your bong water could get you high then well that means your not making the most out of your pot eh? make sense? you still with me? ok so think about it your smoking your pot and all of your thc is staying in the water?hm well i mean iv always known stoners are stupid but i dont think any are stupid enough to be wasting their pot. what do you think?

There is a very slight condensation of cannabinoids in bongs - not only in the water but on the inside of the bong itself.

But it is very slight - so slight that gagging while trying to down a pint of bong water is most definitely not worth it ;)

--- G.

here's a little tip, something to do with that bong water..... keep the same bong water in there for a good smoking, till the water has basically an ooze-like structure... you dont even have to wait that long... but after it has done that, pour the 'water' through a coffee filter, and let the contents on the filter dry out a little.... heh, nice to put in the 'scuz-box' or just pack a little in with a bowl if youre not big on the taste of resin.... personally, i could care less, i love it all.... o and btw, drinking the stuff is nasty.... dont stop somebody from doing it though, if theyre that persistent, let them learn the hard way.......... who knows, somebody out there might like it.....

Chemboy said:
So does that mean that it won't dissociate (break down) in water or that it won't diffuse?

dissociation: In aqueous solution, the process in which a solid separates into it's ions (or in our case the gas reacting with the water and separating into it's ions).

diffusion: The movement of a substance into a space, or the mixing of one substance with another

BTW, this question is directed to whom ever.
And yeah it'll taste like shit, and it's not worth it!!!!

soluable means ability to dissolve. some things dissocciate when dissolved (like NaCl dissociating into Na+ and Cl-). but other things, like sugar, when they dissolve, remain in their component parts.

we say that both are soluable in water, but only one dissociates.

make sence? if not PM me :)

To each to his own. If you like the taste of bong water and don't have any $$ for nuggets, go for it. Sort of like some of my wookie friends who smoke my cigarette butts out of the ashtray.

So if you put alcohol in your bong, would it absorb all the THC and you wouldn't get stoned from smoking just from drinking? If so you could do shots of 151 and THC lol!!

^would make it taste hella bad tho. i'f thats the case just stick the weed in the 151 and let sit for like a week,

PlurredChemistry said:
To answer your other question, THC is somewhat soluable in water (it just isn't that soulable).

Sorry to knitpick, but I'm pretty sure THC is barely soluable in water, (the other way around from what you stated)..

Yeah, I believe the theory is that some of it condenses when passing through the water (presumably due to cooling) - some studies have shown a decrease in thc levels after smoke was bubbled through a bong.

So maybe it's not actually being absorbed into a solution - but it does float around with the water - if that makes sense. I have actually seen gross bongs with old water that had like a layer of foul smelling shite on top of the water - like oil that wouldn't mix.

--- G.

bongs only really cool the smoke. the filtering action is minimal. THC and other polar molecules when cooled will precipitate out of the gas, so i imagine there would be a bit of oily stuff floating. that is probably all you need to drink to get high but i don't know how good it is for your stomach to have a bunch of tars in it (probably as good as it is for your lungs ;) )

ive only tasted bong water a couple of times and it was always on accident... but i'd never want to actually drink it :puke: