• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Big & Dandy 4-AcO-DET Thread

Hi all!

After a lot of research, I have decided that this will be my first psy experience, as it seems mild and enjoyable (and of course, legal).

I just ordered 100mg about 10 mins ago, and will update with my experience when it arrives!

My plan is to start with a 1 mg allergy test, and if that goes well move up to 10 mg and go up from there if I feel the need.
My ROA will be oral.

It just arrived! It came as a very snow white, but erowid shows it as brown? I just wanted to know if this is ok before I ingest it.

Also I'll have to wait just a little while to tell you guys how it goes, I just dropped down to 10mg (from 20) of Celexa a week ago, and I feel very off, I want to wait till I feel normal again before I try it; which I hope is within a week or two!

It just arrived! It came as a very snow white, but erowid shows it as brown? I just wanted to know if this is ok before I ingest

Pure 4-AcO-DET is a white crystalline solid, but it may turn brown over time due to the formation of oxidation products.

Yes it should be white. Don't be alarmed if it startes to turn slightly brown. In my experience there was no loss in potency. Have fun and be safe.

To prevent oxidation & browning its good to store it in the freezer, airtight to avoid condensation. Hope it works out well for you! ethacetin's definitely among my faves in the 4sub tryptamine category.

Hey!
I've just placed an order for 250 Mg's of 4-Aco-Det. Contemplating on doing several run-through's at pretty high dosages bordering 70-75 mg's.
Considering that Tryptamines tend to have a feasibly milder effect on me, I've decided to suck it up and go for the big money.
I've read probably all of the Erowid on it reports by now, and it seems to resemble 4-Aco-Dmt, which I enjoyed.
'Cept at the peak, where the colors all blurred into one another, kind of canvasing each other. It wasn't very visually appeasing.
Well, I'll be back with a trip report in a matter of 7-10 days.

Nice trippin'. :0)

^I wouldn't jump in at that high a dose. Although you may think you are super-tolerant to 4-sub trypts, you never know how each individual compound will react with you. You should still start with a reasonable dose (after allergy testing).

That's true, didn't take that much into account.
I think I'll allergy test, then dose at around 15 mg's.

I was at the weed man's house last night and he randomly ask me if I know anyone who wants any shrooms. Ended up with 10.5 g's for $45. So awesome. Haven't had any in about three or four years, been wanting some since last october.

Thinking of 2g's to get a feel for them again and mixing in 5-10mg 4-aco-det an hour or two later and seeing what happens soon :)

took an 8th of mushrooms and 50mg mxe and went and saw the symphony play outside :). About to say fuck it and plug a solution of 40mg mxe/20mg det. Gotta be one of those days :)

edit: make that 20mg det. 40mg mxe. 30mg 2c-c. fuck it :)

Last edited:
has anyone tried vaping small doses of around 5mg, if so what effects are felt and what duration?

4-AcO-DET also seems to produce an anxiety reaction in me. I don't notice it much if I keep my mind busy, but the underlining tension is always there.

In combination I have a feeling inside me that I do not like this one as much. Taken alone or together with a 4-ho I never really had problems with it, however combining with some later trials with MXE and Ethylphenidate this compound has given very bad bodyload on the verge of believing you are about to die. I also god a sudden rash on one incident where I almost fainted out had it not been for given nutrients and people around me being much aware. There seems to be something fishi going on with this one.

Usually I would look at this compound as a visual enhanzer, but again. Some combinations here are to be aware of. The latest trial where I almost fainted and got a rash my friend had huge problems hanging in there himself, somthing which was very obvious as he was very aware of since he was constantly reminding himself of breathing. This was in combination with Ethylphenidate which seems to boost the potency of 4- and 5-, I would not recomend this really anymore.

Taken alone without Ethylphenidate and MXE I have never had any real problems with 4-aco-det however that I recall.

I do see more people in this thread picking up on the anxiety part, so be aware atleast when mixing compunds here.

has anyone tried vaping small doses of around 5mg, if so what effects are felt and what duration?

I took 9mg and i thought it was too much body load.. I was shaking and rolled up in a ball.. the visuals were more closed eye and they were good visuals, but not amazing like i would imagine 20mg.. however i worry about going higher than the 9mg due to my reaction..

I did notice that with eyes closed the patterns were very detailed and if i thought about someone i would see them like a vivid image of them, makes me wonder if the visuals are just fragmented memories before they become memories..

Just allergy tested sub milligram. Slight headache... Most likely from the 3.5 hrs sleep and or cleaning compounds used in my apartment hall today.

I ... Think I may actually have an effect. I skipped calibrating scale. But couldn't be more than 2 mg. Plan to take nap after some short errands, and dose either around 20 mg orally, or less rectally, if I can find the tool to do it.

I have the HCL. anyone know if if smoked in a j will produce any effects?

Also... Anyone have any word against using an oil in small amount, like hemp, as lubrication for rectal admin.?

BTW- This is the OP (Sort of). Forgot email for handle, and password. Forgot about this substance. Now 10 years later...

Last edited:
This stuff seems to leave a lot intact, at the dosage I tried. I'm still feeling it. Wow on time dilation.

Considering a small dose of 4-AcO-DMT orally.

A tiny fingerprint of 5-MeO-MiPT made ... I couldn't control it. It was a reaction.

This stuff seems to leave a lot intact, at the dosage I tried. I'm still feeling it. Wow on time dilation.

Considering a small dose of 4-AcO-DMT orally.

A tiny fingerprint of 5-MeO-MiPT made ... I couldn't control it. It was a reaction.

Finger print ?

Either way sounds nice!

I have the HCL. anyone know if if smoked in a j will produce any effects?

Yes, 4-AcO-DET HCl can be smoked or vaporized as if it were N,N-DMT freebase. It mixes well with cannabis in joints/bowls.