Is Washing Your Hands Really Necessary After Taking A Dump?

well for answering the questions, us european dont do that at all, but when i was in India most of the toilet dont have any paper so you get a pot with water and yes you are moving your hand to clean the mess and then wash your hands, however in almost every muslim country this is how they do.

Now i do that everytime iam lucky where i work there is some toilet for handicap people ( mandatory ) and there is water at proximity, if there is none ill take some paper before and put water on it to have the best clean possible, but when you think about it paper will never take off all the shit of your ass, and as i know i never washed my hand after shitting before that so maybe iam the only one but i think you are getting tons of bacteria everyday, iam almost sure any keyboard is more dirty than you can imagine but i dont think human have to always have an septic environnement, your immune system will be compromised after a while if you never get any bacteria, the same as antibiotics doing kind of

You mean to tell me that you get a frigging pot with water in it and you are moving your hand to clean the shit then wash your hands in that same damn motherfucking pot? WHAT THE FUCK? I don't know what to say to that.... I'm just....look...keep it....i mean don't keep it. Look... let's just I mean, I don't ever want to come within an inch of you. No offence. Stop conversating with me don't even reply please. It's just I don't feel comfortable.no offence man I just can't understand that.

No, because it's filthy and disgusting and actually DANGEROUS.

Just look up the stats on the Center for Disease Control.

Hand Washing Saves Lives: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/index.html

It spreads disease and you have all kinds of bacteria on your hands and just cause you never got sick doesn't mean it isn't dangerous.

And even if there was ZERO chance I'd ever get sick, I'd still wash my hands because it's fucking disgusting.

No offense man, but this is a symptom of your mental illness.

I'm sorry you have it, but all rational people in the western world wash their hands after taking a shit.

It's just shows how far gone you are that you don't know it.

So just don't get anywhere near anyone who doesn't want to be touched by you, which is going to be like almost everyone.

I'll tell you straight up: about 99% of the people you've ever touched within 24 hours of taking a dump would be DISGUSTED if they knew you hadn't washed.

If you saw all their reactions, I bet you'd changed your ways.

Some guys might even straight up punch you for it.

Where I work there's a sign that everyone has to wash their hands after going to the bathroom.

Where I do Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu there's a sign that if you don't wash your hands and shower regularly you aren't allowed on the mat.

There are signs in almost every restaurant and nearly every job that employees ARE REQUIRED to wash their hands after using the bathrooms.

It's a requirement of modern society, and there's many reasons for that.

If you were a doctor and you had to do surgery on someone, and you weren't wearing gloves, do you think it would be ok to cut them open and touch their internal organs if you didn't wash your hands after taking a shit??

If you say you think that's fine, then I really know you are insane.

How is it Dangerous?

^ because germs kill. tone down the language some please shades. we can't give you advice on mental health issues, but most will joke about not washing your hands and getting help for that. whether it's the same pot or not it's more sanitary in a way than what you do, other ways maybe not. when your wiping and get some on your hands do you wash them or wipe it on your pants or a towel?

@kingqueen1: thanks for sharing. never knew that. interested in knowing if it's the same pot as well? soap and all that too? tedious and gross to talk about but curious if anything.

@Specified & Mycophile: if you both don't want to try what the other does for a week (which i've done) then might i suggest you agree to disagree. to each their own and all that. i say shake hands and walk away. hahaha.

@Zephyr: good answer! at home me too, if i can help it. idk, sanitary, comfort or maybe not having to deal with glory holes among other things. i would prefer to do the at home thing but nature calls and it's game on.

Last edited:
This thread is great, seriously a lulz moment and its all good to be horrified at the dump laden hands consequences as well as a chuckle.

I'm pretty sure most of us would like to appear faultless and hygenic at all times, some might exaggerate their filthy habits as a troll like response, but maybe since there arent facilities to wash up everywhere and ppl still live then theres merit for either argument.

Specified: just wash your fucking hands mate lol

Is there a camera in your travel pack. No offense taken on my part cause I don't care anymore, in fact I embrace it I know this is opening up even more doors but fuck it. Off topic sorta I think...I don't know my mental illness is fucked maybe it is part of my mental illness.

One question for all of you: do you think
I should get help? If so, what sort of help because I already see a psychiatrist and get injected with invega every two weeks. I've taken on board that it's disgusting and I feel kind of (not a lot) embarrassed talking to someone about it.

Get help for not washing your hands? No, that would be kind of silly... it's just a matter of building habit. You might talk to a therapist or counselor about ways you can build healthy habits into your life so they become routine though. I imagine the illness can make basic tasks like personal hygiene more challenging and that is what you would be getting help for.

I couldn't sleep last night and read through this thread. In a way, both sides are right. Hygiene is important for a lot of reasons but the importance can be a bit exaggerated and understated at the same time. The major reason being to stop the spread of disease through fecal matter- which is pretty major, it's one of the defining differences between 1st world and 3rd world countries. Hand washing and other sanitary methods have done a lot for the civilized world.

Not washing your hands isn't going to kill anyone directly, but it might make it easier for disease to spread which could lead to death. That said, hand washing isn't 100% effective, antibacterial soaps may actually be selectively breeding stronger bacteria(same with antibodies and viruses) and sanitation goes much beyond washing your hands as others have pointed out. When you flush the toilet shit particles go everywhere and most people keep their toothbrushes uncovered in the same room- not to mention you are in the room when you flush(and others flush sending their shit particles at you!!)

Most tend to be fairly dogmatic when it comes to germs. The idea that all germs are bad is not true either. Our bodies need to maintain a healthy balance between bacteria and a certain amount of exposure strengthens immune system. Washing your hands is a great precautionary method to slow the spread of disease but so are condoms...

Last edited:
Yes the stomach bug virus comes from shit and piss AND ONLY shit and piss NOTHING ELSE is the MOST CONTAGIOUS VIRUS known to Man to date.... But I will admit I Am not 100% sure on that. I just know it is the most contagious one compared to any other virus of it's kind before someone says "small pox is more contagious and the bubonic black plague" or some dumb shite ya feel me lol.

Yes I think it's possible for something to not look dirty but still be dirty but I don't think that's not the case with toilet paper and washing hands.

Ok, smell your hands the next time you take a shit and I bet they'll smell.

You really think there's NEVER been a SINGLE time in your life you've wiped your ass that they've smelled afterwards, even when there was no visible shit on them??

Not even ONCE??

NEVER??

I can guarantee you it has happened before, and if it's happened before then that means it's happened more than once, which means who knows how many times you've wiped your ass that you haven't seen shit on your hands, and yet they've smelled, which means you DID get shit on your hands, and that they were dirty, and you should have washed them.

This thread is just too good to risk losing so I've moved it from Healthy Living to the Best of Bluelight :)

Ok, smell your hands the next time you take a shit and I bet they'll smell.

You really think there's NEVER been a SINGLE time in your life you've wiped your ass that they've smelled afterwards, even when there was no visible shit on them??

Not even ONCE??

NEVER??

I can guarantee you it has happened before, and if it's happened before then that means it's happened more than once, which means who knows how many times you've wiped your ass that you haven't seen shit on your hands, and yet they've smelled, which means you DID get shit on your hands, and that they were dirty, and you should have washed them.

Wtf! I'm not smelling my hands the next time I take a shit that's just filthy.

Get help for not washing your hands? No, that would be kind of silly... it's just a matter of building habit. You might talk to a therapist or counselor about ways you can build healthy habits into your life so they become routine though. I imagine the illness can make basic tasks like personal hygiene more challenging and that is what you would be getting help for.

I couldn't sleep last night and read through this thread. In a way, both sides are right. Hygiene is important for a lot of reasons but the importance can be a bit exaggerated and understated at the same time. The major reason being to stop the spread of disease through fecal matter- which is pretty major, it's one of the defining differences between 1st world and 3rd world countries. Hand washing and other sanitary methods have done a lot for the civilized world.

Not washing your hands isn't going to kill anyone directly, but it might make it easier for disease to spread which could lead to death. That said, hand washing isn't 100% effective, antibacterial soaps may actually be selectively breeding stronger bacteria(same with antibodies and viruses) and sanitation goes much beyond washing your hands as others have pointed out. When you flush the toilet shit particles go everywhere and most people keep their toothbrushes uncovered in the same room- not to mention you are in the room when you flush(and others flush sending their shit particles at you!!)

Most tend to be fairly dogmatic when it comes to germs. The idea that all germs are bad is not true either. Our bodies need to maintain a healthy balance between bacteria and a certain amount of exposure strengthens immune system. Washing your hands is a great precautionary method to slow the spread of disease but so are condoms...

Well I thought to get help because everyone was telling me it was a part of my mental illness.

Well I thought to get help because everyone was telling me it was a part of my mental illness.

Actually I DO think you should tell your therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist that you don't wash your hands after taking a dump just to see his/her reaction because when you see how they react, which is that they will kind of be disgusted and tell you that you should wash your hands, then maybe you'll realize it's unsanitary and societally abhorrent behavior and start washing your goddamn hands!!

I actually do dare you to tell your counselor or therapist about it.

Seriously, there are taboos in our society that are fine to break in my opinion, like I don't believe in our drug laws for example, but you need to learn to live in a world where cleanliness is the norm.

Where do you work?

Cause if you have a job they won't be happy you don't wash your hands.

You are getting shit on your hands when you wipe your ass at least a large percentage of the time whether you see it or not.

It has become my personal mission through this thread to get you to wash your hands after shitting haahahah.

Please, tell your therapist about it, and when you see their response, maybe you will change your ways.

What's filthy is that you don't know there's shit on them and so you aren't washing them.

You can't see the shit, so you assume it isn't there, but if you DID smell your hands I bet you most of the time they'd smell like shit, cause there is shit on them.

Whether you will smell them or not, I'm asking you to GUESS: Do you think they've EVER even once smelled bad after you took a dump??

You know they have, so they were dirty.

Tell your therapist you don't wash your hands when you take a dump and see his/her reaction.

I dare you.

Actually I DO think you should tell your therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist that you don't wash your hands after taking a dump just to see his/her reaction because when you see how they react, which is that they will kind of be disgusted and tell you that you should wash your hands, then maybe you'll realize it's unsanitary and societally abhorrent behavior and start washing your goddamn hands!!.

If this therapist is worth anything, they will simply not react. Most therapists are going to hear much more potentially disturbing things from their clients than what specified is saying. Sure, its pretty disgusting but not really something that needs talking out, face-up on the casting couch.

If this therapist is worth anything, they will simply not react. Most therapists are going to hear much more potentially disturbing things from their clients than what specified is saying. Sure, its pretty disgusting but not really something that needs talking out, face-up on the casting couch.

I had a great therapist I saw for over 10 years, and while I don't think my issues are the same as Specified's, this therapist would tell me things like he saw them, and I could guarantee if I told him I didn't wipe my hands after taking a shit and asked his opinion he would tell me that that is unsanitary and that his recommendation is I start washing my hands after going to the bathroom and that if other people knew that they'd also consider it unsanitary.

From the way you describe therapy as "face up on the casting couch" it sounds like you haven't been in therapy yourself if that is how you always imagine it.

Tons of people who you'd never imagine as having therapists and who don't have issues that seem so "serious" get weekly therapy, and nothing is off limits for discussion. I've seen multiple therapists and never once did I lie on a couch, I sat in a chair. It sounds like what you are describing is typical Freudian therapy out of the movies, which exists, but it's not all like that.

So no offense, but I very much disagree that a therapist worth their salt would "not react".

It's a good therapists' job, if asked, to respond to just about anything from the most benign to the most serious and tell you their honest professional opinion and give you advice.

I've certainly asked therapists FAR more inconsequential questions than this one and gotten their opinion on it.

Therapy is not only for serious issues.

I know I shouldn't be giving you any more "shit" (pun intended), but I do believe I have you in check mate here my friend.

Let me ask you: why is smelling your hands after taking a shit "filthy" if they aren't dirty?

Would it be filthy to smell your hands after eating a piece of pizza?

I mean, there's no bacteria on your hands after taking a shit so it's the same thing right?

Well all you people tell me smelling my hands after taking a shit is disgusting and like I said before I've taken on board what you people have said and I've had a long hard think about it.

It wouldn't be filthy to smell my hands after eating a Pizza but some people think it is like that person who said they wash their hands after eating.

What's filthy is that you don't know there's shit on them and so you aren't washing them.

You can't see the shit, so you assume it isn't there, but if you DID smell your hands I bet you most of the time they'd smell like shit, cause there is shit on them.

Whether you will smell them or not, I'm asking you to GUESS: Do you think they've EVER even once smelled bad after you took a dump??

You know they have, so they were dirty.

Tell your therapist you don't wash your hands when you take a dump and see his/her reaction.

I dare you.

I will tell my psychiatrist when I'm xanaxed the fuck out cos on xanax I don't care. Sober I couldn't I admit cos it's a touchy subject. My psychiatrists pretty old school so I'm guessing he doesn't wash either and back in the old days. My next appointment is on the 20th of September.

I will tell my psychiatrist when I'm xanaxed the fuck out cos on xanax I don't care. Sober I couldn't I admit cos it's a touchy subject. My psychiatrists pretty old school so I'm guessing he doesn't wash either and back in the old days. My next appointment is on the 20th of September.

Just cause he's "old school" doesn't mean he doesn't wash his hands lol. Most people do.

But hey, you know what? Congrats on at least listening to what I'm saying, cause I thought you just weren't and didn't care.

It's nice to know you are listening.

I mean listen, most likely you will not ever get sick from it or end up getting anyone else sick, but it's just really disgusting and unsanitary.

The thing that would be even more likely to get you sick would be to touch raw meat or egg and then like pick up a sandwich and eat with your hands dirty like that.

That is how people get salmonella and really bad food poisoning and that can even kill you.

And see man, the thing is that since you admitted it's a "touchy subject" it means you kind of realize on some level it might not be the best thing to do so that's good.

I have some mental health problems and take medications too man so I'm not perfect, and I actually have a couple gross habits but nothing like not washing my hands.

It's just one of those things that people should do, like brushing your teeth or whatever.

In fact, it's almost less just that one thing than being aware if people tell you certain things are unusual in a bad way (not just like weird in a cool way) and considering them cause who knows how many other things you might do that you might not realize it might be better to do you know?

You'd only know if you listened to anyone.

I can't think of anything right now, but there's lots of things I did wrong till people told me and I listened to them and it helped me otherwise I'd have never known.

So yeah...it's just a healthier thing to wash your hands after taking a dump, and it only takes like 2 minutes or less.

Good for you for actually at least saying you might think about it.

Just cause he's "old school" doesn't mean he doesn't wash his hands lol. Most people do.

But hey, you know what? Congrats on at least listening to what I'm saying, cause I thought you just weren't and didn't care.

It's nice to know you are listening.

I mean listen, most likely you will not ever get sick from it or end up getting anyone else sick, but it's just really disgusting and unsanitary.

The thing that would be even more likely to get you sick would be to touch raw meat or egg and then like pick up a sandwich and eat with your hands dirty like that.

That is how people get salmonella and really bad food poisoning and that can even kill you.

And see man, the thing is that since you admitted it's a "touchy subject" it means you kind of realize on some level it might not be the best thing to do so that's good.

I have some mental health problems and take medications too man so I'm not perfect, and I actually have a couple gross habits but nothing like not washing my hands.

It's just one of those things that people should do, like brushing your teeth or whatever.

In fact, it's almost less just that one thing than being aware if people tell you certain things are unusual in a bad way (not just like weird in a cool way) and considering them cause who knows how many other things you might do that you might not realize it might be better to do you know?

You'd only know if you listened to anyone.

I can't think of anything right now, but there's lots of things I did wrong till people told me and I listened to them and it helped me otherwise I'd have never known.

So yeah...it's just a healthier thing to wash your hands after taking a dump, and it only takes like 2 minutes or less.

Good for you for actually at least saying you might think about it.
Thanks man, give me a couple of days and I will think long and hard about it. I mean, really long and hard about it.