• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Can't get high (merged)

curious george

Bluelighter
I've smoked w/ my friend a few times and he doesn't get as high as he should for the amount of grass we smoke. I mean I've got a tolerance and I still get quite a bit higher than he does. I know he's inhaling, getting good hits, and holding it in. Does anyone know why he might not be getting high?

He might not be comfortable with it. He might be scared about getting high and not letting go and allowing it to happen. Talk to him about it, make sure he really is comfortable with smoking pot and not just doing it because his friends do, and see if you could try another setting he might be more comfortable in.

yeah, its a head thing.

i remember the first time i ever smoked weed, after a couple hits i kept thinking about it and expecting to feel high and i didnt feel it, but after a couple minutes the moment i thought about something else, i was HIGH! :D

well i know quite a few ppl who havent smoked much and still have a heavy tolerance for weed... like metioned above it could be all in his head tell him too mellow out and just chill out and smoke it and dont wait for the high.

Re: My friend has trouble getting high...

curious george said:
I've smoked w/ my friend a few times and he doesn't get as high as he should for the amount of grass we smoke. I mean I've got a tolerance and I still get quite a bit higher than he does. I know he's inhaling, getting good hits, and holding it in. Does anyone know why he might not be getting high?

Yes, he does not want you to ass rape him.%)

"Yes, he does not want you to ass rape him."

I realize that was fascetious, but, there is a good point there. A sober sitter might help him relax, as he'd know someone has their wits about them to intervene if things get bad, such as an attempted anal rape:)

maybe his body is just wierd like mine....i didnt get high till like my 30th time smoking weed.....i thought i was high, but i wasnt as high as i should have been, then one day it just hit me and ive gotten high every time since then...

A freind of mines has the same problem with Ecstacy. He must think about it too much as he never get's as fucked as everyone else does and we have all taken it many many times more than he has. He's tried it twice and never felt much more than slight tingles in his arms..hardly the most powerful E expereince.

the first 20 or 30 times i didnt get eye, i felt nausis and shitty but kinda nice, then i got high and continue too

tell him to stick inthere. once you cross that barrier of y9our first high, after that you nearly always get high (until yousmoke TOO much and develope a tolerance)

It took me a good 5-8 times of smoking untill I actually got stoned. I thought I was stoned the previous times (didnt really know what to expect) but this time BOOM I was s-s-stoned.

Keep smokin'

I used to always try to take too big of hits and cough it out really soon. Now though, I take big hits that I know I can hold in and get high.

Like blahblahblah said: "Keep smokin'"

Introduce him to the Gravity Bong....have him take several good hits of a gravity bong and then go sit around pop in a movie that you all like and he'll focus on the movie and then feel high.

The first time I actually got high was with a Gravity Bong, and the same goes with several of my friends, then after that it was as easy as pie.

I mean I've got a tolerance and I still get quite a bit higher than he does.

I don't know about you, but weed for me and everyone I know has a reverse tolerance meaning, instead of having to smoke more to get high you only have to smoke a little. Maybe it's just me and my friends....

it is pretty common to not get high the 1st few times. I got high the 2nd time i smoked.

keep trying or give up

the first time i ever got stoned was my 3rd time smoking, it was at the end of a mates party, everyone had left, we were all very pissed and very relaxed, and it just flowed man

try getting a few beers into him, then see if he gets stoned after that

xXTOKERXx said:
the first 20 or 30 times i didnt get eye, i felt nausis and shitty but kinda nice, then i got high and continue too

I had a friend how smoked 70-some times before he got high... after that he would get incredibly high off very small amounts of weed.

i smoke everyday and my tolerance is that it takes me 1 to 1.5 bowls of chronic to get me high when normally it would only take 2 hits. the first time i smoked was the highest i ever got.

Took me a few times to get high from pot but once it finally did, boy was I blasted something fierce. I'm talking hallucinations and delusions, thinking my parents were after me 24/7...mind you I was 13 at the time. I wish I could get high like that again, but I know I won't no matter how much pot I smoke.

Try, try, and try again.. it's quite obvious by the responces already, it might take your friend awhile to actually get high.

Just tell him to keep trying, in the end I'm sure he'll be more then happy he did.

indra said:
"Yes, he does not want you to ass rape him."

I realize that was fascetious, but, there is a good point there. A sober sitter might help him relax, as he'd know someone has their wits about them to intervene if things get bad, such as an attempted anal rape:)

LMAO - I must be smoking the wrong kind of Pot, since when has weed had this effect on people ? You kids are crazy these days! =D