Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

E very very mood sensitive

off my pickle

Bluelighter
hey guys,
last w/e i was involved in what can only be described the best rave of my life. i had 3 pills to eat that night and i dumped them.
now i was on my second pill and i was feelin great! everything was going fine until i realised something, the chick i came with hadnt spoken to me for the whole night! i pondered it more than walked up to her to see what would happen, as soon as we made eye contact she turned away and walked off.
this happened about 5 times and i started getting confused, why was she doing it?? had i done something?? i was off my nose on MDMA and everything changed!
i got all mopey and pissed off about everything that was happening, i started thinking what a shit rave it was even though it was the best.
now this absolutly shattered my roll.
i sat down all grumpy like and im like FUK THE WORLD and all that.
all of this steming from a girl i dont even like or anything!!
my mate came up to me and told me to get my fukn head strait cause i was killin his night too, so i thought about why i was angry and it came to me that my altered state was the culprit! the pills were amplifying the emotions x10.
now think of this in reverse, we hear of how people lose the majic of pills, is it possible that it could all be the state of mind when u dump that makes a good roll?. could it be possible that when the novelty and excitment of pilling has gone your rolls get weakened? though nothing to do with tolerance, but more along the lines of emotions and expectations you have at the time???

i hope you guys understand what i am saying, if not reply and i will clarify.
thanks

yep, you're spot on.

of course, the amount of mdma in your pill is always going to have some kind of effect on your roll, but mood is obviously a big factor too. the happier you are already, the happier the pill is going to make you. there are so many things that contribute; the pill itself; the atmosphere; your mood; your diet etc.

good post :)

off my pickle: 100% right. Another angle to look at is this: when people are in their honey moon stage and have only begun taking E, they are automatically introduced to a whole new world of partying, a whole new type of people, places and scenes. This by itself is very exciting, and is amplified 10 fold by drugs such as E and meth. In short, its the novelties associated with the drugs that make them so incredible. When the novelties subside, you better be in a good mood for partying or even the drugs won't do job.

SET and SETTING :) These two things have an enormous and often underappreciated effect on your drug experience.

Your SET represents the way your body is during the experience, your mindset, your mood, your state of health, your anticipation or anxiety, everything. Pills don't make you happy magically, they boost your emotions and remove your inhibitions allowing your moods to swing a lot further in any direction they're heading. Normally this is great, because you're in a party mood or want to feel good when you take your drugs -- but if something happens awry, this can turn.

Your SETTING represents where you are, how comfortable you are being there, the ambient temperature and general amenability of the situation to you being on drugs. This can also have a huge effect on how you feel emotionally at the time.

Sure, there are certain characteristic physical effects (and mental ones, naturally) that you experience every single time you take the drug. However, the mental effects are very labile and, particularly when you're in an introspective frame of mind, this can lead to a lot of self-analysis if you end up in a headspace you weren't expecting. My suggestion is to remind yourself that you're on drugs, and not to make any rash choices if possible. Try to ride it out and enjoy your time outside of the 'real world' if the situation allows it, and deal with postponable issues when you're over the drug and the comedown, and have your emotional stability back in hand.

BigTrancer :)

^^
smart-arse =D

but hasnt this sort of stuff been discussed a billion times b4?

Yep, that's why I gave the familiar terminology, so the original poster can now search for 'set and setting' and get the full benefit from the search function :)

BigTrancer :)

hey off my pickle,
did you find out why the chick was being like that to you??

i can't stand it when you go to a rave with someone, and then they decide that they don't want to speak to you for the rest of the night, and ignore you!
especially when you've taken them there!! i personally ask for an explaination before we leave, or they can find another lift home!! but that's me!

so, did you find out what the deal was with her?? was she all of a sudden nice to you again when it came time to leave??

peace

haha good question sonic reality.
i asked but i got the same fucking response, she turned and legged it, thats y i was soo pissed off.
i took her there, i got her ticket, i did nothing to her. personally i think she was trying to climb the rave social ladder. she was hanging around the djs all night.

big trancer, by the way. thanks for the subtle hint

YOU BOUGHT HER TICKET!! AND SHE STILL DID THAT TO YOU???

man that is soooo low! :( i for one, wouldn't have given her a lift home!! did she end up getting a lift back with you, or did she get one from her beloved djs??? doesn't she know that they like to use the little rave girlies, to get you know what??

haha, i hope one of the djs had his way with her, and then didn't call her the next day!! hahaha, that would teach her!!

anyways, don't let this shit get you down! you were there to have a good time, not to please some little chicky!!

but i fully understand what you mean by how your mood can change so quickly!! one minute, you're onto of the world, and then next you feel like the whole world is against you! it sucks!

w00t w00t

You sound like a sensitive soul.

Our moods, emotions, reactions are generally never static, rather, they all melt into many different combinations and can change depending upon the sensory inputs (Environmental and emotive...... aka Setting and Set )

Maybe your heightened mood reacted to a percieved situation in a way that was contrary to your expectation, ie "she didn't look at you and walked off" where as you may have expected a different reaction.

This is understandable.

You may of began focusing upon the "negative" and up pops a change in your mood and you feel not a happy as you were a few minutes before.

Yes, these things happen.

Generally a re-focusing of the mind is in order. So move your thought focus somewhere else (easier said than done......but it can be done) and tap back into other thoughts.

If this doesn't work.........best to go home and go to bed.

Goodnight:)

hahah i tryed the re-focus thing but it didnt really work ay, eventually i got over it and had a blinder of a night though.

sonic reality i dont know what the fuk she did with them

and i dont care either, fukn bitch.

shes a bitch. but if she was tryng to climb the ladder... shell realise one day that those djs arent all that... and ull probably have a damn better time with her mateys!!!

as a little rave girlie, i tried the dj thing... for a couple of months when i was just getting into it all.... but seriously, the free tickets and shit werent worth it in the end... and i realised... theres no place like home <meaning with ur friends>, im still a little rve girlie, im only 17, i learnt young thank god, and i managed to realise in time that it wasnt worth it... i ralised before id fucked over my mates the way she had.... wentch!

Yeah, i am wondering also if tolerance is in fact simply a state of mind.

I remembering when I first started driving, it was so good I just wanted to drive everywhere.............Now it is jst another thing that has to be done.

I used to love sucking sweetened condensed milk out of the tube but afte4r a while it became boring.

I think that an E may very well be the same, but to keep the magic yopu can either take it infrequently or make certain that whenever you do that it is in different circumstances or give yourself a different mission each time etc.

Just my ideas.

Keep smiling

yeh i have heard that SOME dj's can be real users of chicks, as are alot of people. one rave i went to with a group of ppl these guys were feeding my girl'friend' Ketamine. anyway they tried to get her out of the venue and a HUGEEE group of people came out with us to get her!! everyone surrounded the car and started smashing it till they let her out. but yeh fuck this chick she will probobly get fucked over and she will blame me ay!!!

good point Mazdan
its the same with alcohol, u know that period that u loved getting drunk. haha well its over for me, its just normal now.

now that i have thought about it a bit, smoking cones before the event might have something to do with it.
the bongs made me a bit tired and may have made me lose my edge??
but yeh

I've never had a problem with bongs and pills, they go together like fred and ginger... like tom and jerry... like beer and peanuts...

BigTrancer ;)

hi yeh i know that BT
but i smoked in the morn and was just dregging for the rest of the day and that sorta got me out of the mood? ahh i dunnoo!

off my pickle: what the fuck was your girlfriend doing taking drugs from anyone else but from you? WTF was she doing getting in the car with a stranger, let alone talking to a stranger that is obviously trying to score? From your posts I gather that you should work on your ability to judge people better. ie. pick up on whos is a slut your fuck and have no feelings for material and who can be your girlfriend. Likewise, who is your "drug buddy" and who is your real friend. Unfortunatelly, in the "scene" these things can often get very skewered and add the drugs, the novelties and other associated things you can really make some mistakes. Soon enough though your way of thinking starts growing up in many ways real real fast as you start to discover things.

BT: pot and pills indeed go well. It must however be said, that not everyone will enjoy the experience, especially those who do not smoke pot often. I find smoking pot after the peak has subsided to be quite a dissociative and psycodelic experience which helps me sleep mostly. Mind you, I have only smoked pot after a pill for a while now only after a hard night and hard day of much meth use (abuse), so my experience might be somewhat effected by the lack of sleep and meth still having some effect.

runner,
i'm not sure if i'm correct here, but i think off my pickle was just meaning she was a friend, who is a girl. that's why he wrote girl'friend'. i don't know if i'm right, but i think that's what he meant!
correct me if i'm wrong off my pickle!

hehe BT, you really love your pot, don't you!!
but i agree, pot with pills(or any otha drugs for that matter) go together really well, but that is just my personal preference!