Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Emotional Feelings

doofhard

Bluelighter
I wonder if the effects that I feel on a regular basis are XTC related.
I have dropped pills and other drugs, abused them socially, taken breaks all the norm, but I am wondering if this happens to anyone else and could be related to XTC.

What I find (or have found more noticeable) in especially the last year, is that I am more emotional. If I watch a movie I become more involved with it, if something sad happens I get sad (where as always never used to get to me.

Any movie that involves the scene, often leads to quite strong rushes and "FLASHBACK" type feelings.

Here is a prime example -

KEVIN AND PERRY GO LARGE -

Just watched this again (about the 50th time) When they finally got there mix played in front of the massive crowd. I felt, huge relief, huge rush tingle through my whole body, it was just like I was there and it was my demo.

Another example would be with sad movies, now wheneva I watched a sad movie I just wouldn't care, don't know if thats because of how I was bought up or what. But if I watch one now I will generally become quite involved and shed a tear.

Does anyone else feel any other changes or similar feelings that they would relate to drug use in particular PILLS.

Just another thing I will add.

I go out pretty much fortnightly if not weekly, but before I go out in the leading up hours, I will have to go for number 2s numerous times.

I think this is more just the excitement, and probly in the back of my head a voice is saying "your not sitting on one of those things in the club.

Hell yeah

When I used to be a bit less responsible with my drug intake I used to become very emotional very easily. About a week after NYE a couple of years ago I cried at the end of Twins when Danny finally accepts Arnie as his brother and their mum comes back. Then about 12 hours later I was listening to the radio and some brittney came on and I started crying because *I knew how she felt*.

Happens less now but it doesn't need to be after a drug experience. If there is a heartfelt epsiode of whatever on tv a tear or two will come to my eye...

^^^^ thats beautiful man :'(

Anyway, I have felt this too. I bought my mum the DVD of the french movie "Amelie" for xmas, I was watching it with her. Amelie (the main character (really? :p )) was so fucking beautiful that I was fighting off laughter/tears throughout the whole movie. I was getting surging ruhes of emotion the whole time. I never used to get like that. I'd hate to blame pills for this, but I think they've played a part in my emotional development over the years.

One of my friends is a really interesting character, he used to be a really cold, hard and unforgiving bastard. He's been doing pills now for about 7 - 8 months. He's become a much nicer person and funnily enough he's lost the witt and social edge that he once had. It's beautiful to watch 'cause he can't cut people down like you used to in social situations. It's almost as if he's reverted to some childlike state of confusion, thus he is getting his own back fo years of torment to those around him :)

Actually doofhard I share both of those with you. The most obvious example of the emotional turmoil it all plays with me though is the day after a big night... I feel so incredibly raw... like as if there's absolutely nothing between myself and the rest of the world to hide feelings and emotions.

It comes with the territory and I quite enjoy it, but there are downsides, because we need to be able to hide our feelings sometimes and in certain situations.

Imagine playing world championship poker the day after a few pills for example, your bluff wouldn't be very good when you burst out crying after every bad card. My friends use the words 'fragile', 'raw' and 'delicate' to describe the comedown state, but even afterwards.

To generalise; yes, ecstacy makes you more emotional.

yeah ive gotta say i am more *sensitive* since i started dropping. I'm definatley better at being empathetic towards other people, and having a open mind towards things. I think alot of ppl would feel that.

Other than direct effects from drugs (eg. coming down off MDMA) they don't seem to effect my level of emotional involvement in my environment; on a day to day basis, I'm as emotional now as I was before I started taking drugs.

Yeah I only started using e's late last year, and more regularly last few months, I felt I more relaxed these days, Before I touched e's I was pretty aggressive verbally, and just a simply arsehole, just made fun of other people's unhappiness and shit like that, yeah I was a bastard.

Since I have used e's, seems a lot of people have been telling me and asking me "what have you been doing lately?, you seem happier and calmier?" and they don't know the full story that I have been taking e's Even my mother asked me "Have you got a new girlfriend??" which I havent.... I wonder if it was the e's? Sometimes I don't believe it, but I dunno, I dont care, Seems I have calmed down these days and dont let things affect too much, because before I used e's I let small things affected me and I get pretty mad over nothing, but since few months ago... I just don't really care, getting on with people better these days and practially just going on the flow...

Its just weird, can't explain the changes I went thru that I never thought it will happen. Just that e's made me more aware of my emotions I guess.

Speaking of movies... I have been watching a lot of DVD's that I never normally select at the video shop, like "Iris", "The big Chill", "Love & Sex" 8) "Amelie" ..... it was so weird... they made me emotional, espcially the "Iris" and "Amelie"...... i get these emtional urges just like smoking joe explained.

There was one time, I had a GREAT weekend and had some nice e's and didnt experience any bad comedowns or whatever and had this "afterglow" just felt so positive, happy and smiling for no reasons and even happy at my job which is a shitty boring job, but I enjoyed working there at that week, then next weekend, (5-6 days later) a friend visited a friend of mine and she was showing us her new puppy, and I just broke into tears for 1 hour because the puppy looked so much like my dog that passed away 2 years ago, I was so emotional then I just left my mate's place and went home, still had tears in my eyes while thinking these memories of my dog,

Then started watching TV and it was a sad story in "Undercover Angels" on TV about this Deaf Lady who was dying from cancer, and that made me cry a bit, then Harry's Practise showed after that it was a show about a sick cat or dog then I got emotional again then ALways Greener on TV was after that and it was a sad story but I cant remember, but it was a moving storyline, and fuck! I was looking at myself "gee what the fuck is wrong at me?" I was emotional wreck for few hours.... I had no idea why it happened to me... I was feeling bit embrassed.... it was strange that afternoon/night....

was it possible this is some kind of delayed comedown from e's? or what? or just I have become more aware with my emotions?

Cheers,

Urbie %)

I was thinking about this over the past few days, and have come to the same conclusion as in the above posts. Its almost as though the empathy sticks around after the 'effects' have worn off. I find myself a lot warmer to most people, have a much more relaxed attitude to life.

I can see why it has been used for its therapeutic propertices before being made illegal. It is simply amazing for making people connect, and such connections last long after the drug is gone from your blood.

I agree with all thats said in this thread. I am definitely a better person now, mentaly, socially and towards to enviroment.

I also get an upset stomach before i know i am going to have 'big night'. Crazy butterfly feeling. :\

hm, there are some things that have changed about me that I asume are due to my MDMA use. The most recent development is VERY strange.

I have always been able to see situations from other peoples view point. But recently it has become much much more than that.
I find that being in public, such as a CBD with heaps of people around is amazing. I am almost overwhelmed by the number of people and their different outlooks/views on life. It almost feels like an outof body experience. Im finding it hard to describe. But imagine seeing the world from 50 peoples perspective at once....

I think the positive emotional effects of taking pills are huge, the empathy you feel on pills definately overflows into "real" life.

And you're so right about the butterflies- I thought I was the only one that this happened to! I just even have to hear a certain song or think of taking a pill and the nerves kick in, which is weird really, because it's not like there's anything to be frightened of...
Maybe it's some kind of Pavlov's dog thing? :)

^^^ It is certainly a "Pavlov's dog thing" :) We always associate things with times, with emotions and with events. Incidentally, this is also where nastalgia comes in. If I let something remind me of the good times I have had, I will immediatelly feel butterflies in my stomach. The #2s as doofhard has mentioned is certainly a more severe case of the same thing ;)

One thing I have to say, is when getting really excited before going out, and getting those feelings, they are real, and you will probably satisfy your excitement. Another thing is nastalgia. People often confuse nastalgia for things with nastalgia for times. It often seems that if you just had a chance to again hang out with same people, at same place, with same music, you would satisfy it. Wrong. Nastalgia is for the times. And you can never get those times back, but if you are content with the warm memories of those times and eager for new great times, that is your heaven.

Runner said:
[BNastalgia is for the times. And you can never get those times back, but if you are content with the warm memories of those times and eager for new great times, that is your heaven. [/B]

^^^ That is really, really beautiful Runner. You've just summed up the concept in a profound and gorgeous sentence, I couldn't leave this thread without praising it.

I would definitely agree that MDMA has opened my life up emotionally. I used to be a complete social cripple, not talking at parties, very poor company. Once I started taking pills it changed my ways. The experiences I had on MDMA showed me the acceptance and love I had been blind to for so long, albeit in a euphoric trance (which is half the fun really). It also stopped my insomnia, now I sleep like a baby, I don't want to sound like a E saved my life ad, but it's had some really positive effect on me personally.

mongman said:
hm, there are some things that have changed about me that I asume are due to my MDMA use. The most recent development is VERY strange.

I have always been able to see situations from other peoples view point. But recently it has become much much more than that.
I find that being in public, such as a CBD with heaps of people around is amazing. I am almost overwhelmed by the number of people and their different outlooks/views on life. It almost feels like an outof body experience. Im finding it hard to describe. But imagine seeing the world from 50 peoples perspective at once....

Wow, that is some experience man.

Is it scary at all?

Do youy have to actually try for it to happen or is it sort of like the little kid who sees dead people and it just happens?

Im back in da city tomorrow, so I might give it a whirl if thats possible but I dont think i could do more than one at a time??

Tell me more, its freakin me out, the whole concept.

^^^^ I call that being really, really scattered :) Happens sometimes :) (hehe)

Please guys close the thread ur putting me off E's completly.

You alwayz get from the media this impression that ppl doin drugz are hard bastards that would double cross their mum in asec to get money for their next hit and all that. Maybe the media shouyld read this thread and see how some drugz actually turn ppl into super sensative carebears