Still don't like weed? Part two

randycaver

Bluelight Crew
I still am not fond of the pot culture.
the last thread went up to 100+ so.. obviously theres more than me, right? :D
~if you don't wake and bake
~if you don't ever get "stoned"
~if your least favorite word is 'dude'
or if you simply don't understand what the big deal is..
Post here!!!

Originally posted by randycaver:
I still am not fond of the pot culture.

If you are not fond of pot culture then you simply need to avoid it. If you need to start a thread to seek out others with a common dislike as yours and attack those whom you dislike then that's on account of your issues and problems whatever they are.

*tries to be nice*
THIS IS DRUG CULTURE! there was ALREADY A THREAD ABOUT IT!
i dont have any issues or problems with it, that's your issue or problem thinking that i do. this is not a thread to attack, this is a fun and friendly thread meant to discuss it. there was no malice in my post. so leave this thread alone, if you're going to pollute it.
by the way, my apparently oblivious fellow bluelighter..
pot culture is impossible to avoid. i'd have to stay indoors and declare myself a hermit in order to do so.

THIS IS DRUG CULTURE!

So?? There are many aspects to drug culture. There are herion addicts, crack smokers, 'e-tards', etc. Why your hang up with pot smokers??

there was ALREADY A THREAD ABOUT IT!

But you felt the need to start a new thread instead of posting in that one.

i dont have any issues or problems with it, that's your issue or problem thinking that i do. this is not a thread to attack, this is a fun and friendly thread meant to discuss it. there was no malice in my post. so leave this thread alone, if you're going to pollute it.

Why do you need a "fun and friendly" thread to discuss something that you are not interested in.
Haven't you anything that interests you to talk about?? Why your hang up with pot smokers??

by the way, my apparently oblivious fellow bluelighter..
pot culture is impossible to avoid. i'd have to stay indoors and declare myself a hermit in order to do so.

Nonsense. Simply don't hang out with pot smokers if you don't like them. No one is forcing anything on you.
[ 23 February 2003: Message edited by: gloggawogga ]

You are *flame*
i dont like pot*CULTURE*. I have pot smoking friends. i dont mind most of the people, unless they're so baked they can't function, but that holds true for any drug user!!
you are fucking illiterate. the other thread reached 100 posts and WAS CLOSED. i already said that. now go away!

blah blah blah. Randycaver, you are so insecure you need to have an ongoing thread about a "culture" that you don't like despite it isn't doing a damned thing to you. If 'pot culture' makes you feel so uncomfortable you that need to talk about it then its on account of *your* inadequacy.
Why don't you just express your dislike for black, hispanic and asian cultures as well. I'll bet they make you feel inadequate too.

Randycaver excuse my ignorance but I would like to know what you don't like about pot culture.
besides the obvious, pot.

Originally posted by nailz:

And yes i will be the first to say the whole "smoke w33d everyday" attitude gets seriously tiresome and lame.

First of all, thats just a sterotype. Secondly, just don't participate in it if you don't like
it. They aren't doing anything to you. Deal with it.

As the origionator of the 100 post thread (RESPECT!!! - only joking) I say I still hate it.
I have no problem with people who use it recreationaly as any other drug. I only use drugs rarely (except alcohol) - The only drug I've done this year is coke, and that was only twice.
Every couple of months I might buy some weed and get stoned, the same way every couple of months I might buy a pill and roll. I just hate it when people's lives revolve around weed. Its sad to see. I know people who owe literaly hundreds of pounds because of it, people who spend ALL their money on it, and would rather get stoned by themselves then come out with thier friends. I know people who droped out of school because of it.
The thing that REALLY REALLY pisses me off is that if someone was spending 25 quid a day on heroin, everyone would be all over them telling them they are an idot, and stop that shit (my firends would anyway). But if people spend 25 quid a day on weed, thats ok.
I just think its sad to see people I've grown up with and always liked and respected (I still like and respect them) throw away oppourtunites in life cos of weed.
No good comes from weed. The high from it is ok, but nothing mind blowing, and it ruins loads of people's lives.
Id love to make a virus that attacks the DNA of the weed plant, and wipe it out!!

Originally posted by mashmetaller:

No good comes from weed. The high from it is ok, but nothing mind blowing, and it ruins loads of people's lives.

Any psychoactive drug can be said to ruin peoples lives. Alot of drugs are alot more likely to ruin lives than pot. But really, poeple ruin their own lives and if those who do it with pot didn't have pot they'd do it with something else.
And it still doesn't mean others don't benefit from pot. Do you have a problem with them??

I think what we have here is a difference of opinion. I don't like pot, and choose not to do it - If i do ever change my mind, i never have more than a joint or two...
However, i will not take others' rights to smoke away from them. SImilarly, they should respect that i do not like this particular drug.
Just because someone does not agree with you, it doesn't mean that you have the right to flame them, or pollute their thread telling them how stupid they are - they have a right to think differently to you. How boring would the world be if we were all the same?

blah blah blah. Randycaver, you are so insecure you need to have an ongoing thread about a "culture" that you don't like despite it isn't doing a damned thing to you. If 'pot culture' makes you feel so uncomfortable you that need to talk about it then its on account of *your* inadequacy.
Yes. I have a small penis, and that is why I am not fond of pot culture.
Wait. I'm a female. Ok it's cuz I have small tits and a pussy so wide, you can hear the ocean when you put your ear to it.
Take your stupid comments out of this thread. You're ruining it. Perhaps that's your WHOLE point, and my responding isnt helping. but, shut up. you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. drugs and races have nothing to do with the other.

Originally posted by Trip.my.Wire:
Randycaver excuse my ignorance but I would like to know what you don't like about pot culture.
besides the obvious, pot.

No.. I don't dislike pot. I can't get high, due to some weird tolerance to THC, and to be honest, I don't care. I don't like how people I know act on it, I don't like how it gives you the munchies, I don't like how it makes my friends IM me and be like duuuuuude im so high..I ... don't care..
lol.
I get tired of threads that are like "if you could do anything while high what would you do" because I find it simply STUPID. Lives that revolve around pot aren't very lively, in my opinion, and in my experience. I don't think it's ok to self-medicate with pot. I don't think it's ok to 'smoke weed everyday' in the words of Snoop.
I don't think it's ok for any drug to be used on a repetitive basis, but it can't be denied that pot is the most popular drug besides alcohol.

Take your stupid comments out of this thread. You're ruining it.

Excuse me. I'm ruining your thread which is about nothing but sterotyping and bashing people. Grow up. Take your hatred of pot smokers elsewhere.

No.. I don't dislike pot. I can't get high, due to some weird tolerance to THC, and to be honest, I don't care. I don't like how people I know act on it, I don't like how it gives you the munchies, I don't like how it makes my friends IM me and be like duuuuuude im so high..I ... don't care..
lol.

I have a friend in your situation, regardless of how many joints she smokes she has never gotten high. And really theres nothing you can do except to say fuck it.
Oh god, munchies. That can get pretty primal.

I completed the better part of a masters degree in CS, graduating with honors, smoking pot nearly every day. I'm happily married and have a comfortable six digit per year job (no I don't go to work high). A friend of mine completed the better part of his Ph.D. thesis smoking pot near daily. I know dozens of others who smoke pot near daily and live very active and sucsessful lives.
But I'm sorry I'm bringing it up. I wouldn't want to ruin anyone's 'lighthearted' stereotyping and bashing. :p
[ 24 February 2003: Message edited by: gloggawogga ]

you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. drugs and races have nothing to do with the other.
I hate to intrude here, but I think you need a little bit of clearing up. Either that or your choice of words before wasn't clear enough. You said you hated pot CULTURE, which is much like the culture of a country, or a race. The definition of culture remains the same. Either way, its discrimination, and generalizations, it doesn't matter. You'd be deemed a racist if you started bashing another culture, just like you are here.
How would you like it if I started bashing the culture of the drugs you did? How would you like to be generalized? Its just not the nicest thing, and I can understand where you're coming from.. but you're taking a pretty harsh viewpoint.
Its fine and perfect to hate the substance, you can dislike its effects. It isn't fair to hate the culture created by people around the substance. It isn't fair to call it stupid or anything like that.

I dislike the silly grin a stoned person usually gets. I dislike stupid silliness. I honestly think that is what gets to me most about weed.
Also, there are so many potheads who smoke daily, and this is accepted by them and many of their peers, perhaps even their family...and yet, if it were ANY OTHER DRUG -- alcohol, heroin, speed, you name it -- the user would be IMMEDIATELY labeled an addict and receive a whole lot of flack. Using a drug daily is incredibly unhealthy -- yes, even if it is weed! Why can't potheads see this? Why are they in denial, and why are they often so hypocritical about other addicts?

Randycaver's thoughts on this are totally valid. Before I get into anything, here's an analogy. It's kind of weird, so bear with me.
Say you like hamburgers. When most people want a hamburger, they go to a fast food place. They're on every block, pretty cheap, and a lot of people like it. Say you like hamburgers, but not the kind from fast food places. If you want a burger, you're going to have to drive to an actual restaurant or something close to it, and pay a couple bucks more. All day, you're around people who are like, dude, you should just go for the cheaper burger at McDonald's.
(If you're really confused at this point, the burgers represent drugs, the restaurants represent drug dealers, and fast food represents marijuana. And the reference to driving is something about, I dunno, love.)
Personally, there's nothing wrong with pot, or people who smoke it. It's one of the more benign drugs, etc., etc., etc,.
See, the problem is pot culture. This isn't saying that going down to a head shop to buy a handblown glass pipe from another stoner is a bad thing.
The problem is when you start living up to a stereotype. It's when smoking pot becomes part of your identity. If you smoke pot, great. If you smoke pot and do something which dispells the idea of pot smokers being lazy and apathetic, that's even better. What bugs me is when people try too hard to be a stoner - feeling the need to announce this to the whole world.
People do this. They'll think I'll be impressed that they're selling weed, or getting high everyday. I don't smoke pot, and it doens't really bother me if people do. It just gets annoying when people constantly mention the fact they get high.

Also, there are so many potheads who smoke daily, and this is accepted by them and many of their peers, perhaps even their family...and yet, if it were ANY OTHER DRUG -- alcohol, heroin, speed, you name it -- the user would be IMMEDIATELY labeled an addict and receive a whole lot of flack. Using a drug daily is incredibly unhealthy -- yes, even if it is weed! Why can't potheads see this? Why are they in denial, and why are they often so hypocritical about other addicts?
In a few extreme cases, a pothead is the equivalent of an addict of a harsher drug. But let's be serious here. I smoke weed pretty much every day and I know plenty of people that do and plenty that don't so I consider myself knowledable enough to comment on this with some certainty. And I think that dependence on a drug is sad and that heavy use of drugs is dangerous, blah blah blah. But let's be serious here...are you really trying to equate a pothead to a heroin addict or an alcoholic??? There's a reason we're called potheads and not marijuana addicts...have you ever met a real addict? Yes, weed makes some people lazy and unproductive and controls too much of some people's time and money. But it's a far cry from the life-shattering addiction that can come from coke or speed or heroin or even alcohol.
With that out of the way...
I love pot culture. I love the movies and the music. I love the shit-eating grin. I love the stupid silliness (Adult Swim on Cartoon Network is great by the way). And most importantly, I love pot.
CMB is right though.--> The problem is when you start living up to a stereotype. It's when smoking pot becomes part of your identity. Nothing should take over your life, weed included.