• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Have you "lost the magic"? read on...

Well i guess it is a good thing if this is true as you can retain the magic. But i believe that you should still not roll more than once a month because of neurtoxic effects on your brain. We don't know what Piracetam does on the brain so we should assume that neurotixicity is still an issue and therefore can be a problem for people who can't be responsible and take E in moderation.
Does anyone have a clue of what Piracetam does on the brain and why it "brings back the magic". Someone with some medical/pharmaceutical knowledge would be of help.

piracetam rocks
smile.gif

Cheap too ... £8.80, wow...even cheaper than 5HTP :)
[This message has been edited by CrackerWheat (edited 06 September 2001).]

This looks interesting. I just placed an order. I'll let you all know how it works once I get it and try it.

One part of this report which I really don't find credible is the following...
In my case it meant that I could've consumed as many as 10 tablets within 2 hours, yet still was unable to roll. I have tried to take a break for as long as 3 months, in hopes that I will be able to experience effects again -- all in vain. Then, after yet another unsuccessful roll
Not many people that have taken a 3 month break experience absolutely *no* side effects... then again I've never tried this combo before, and prolly won't have to considering I rarely roll anymore.

Dizzam this is interesting. I may have to splurge and try and get some this shipped over here to the states. I'm off to see if I can't find somewhere that will do that on-line.
Then I have to talk a friend into testing it for me. lmao

What?! This guy gives me the heebie-geebies. 10 pills in 2 hours with no effect and 10-20 hits of acid! If i got to this stage i would have thrown in the towel a long time ago...but enough about me.
Can anyone tell me what Piracetam is? What are it's medical uses and how can it possibly cause a roll in a serotonin depleted brain? I'm intrigued.

Welp, I just ordered some from Great Britian. lmao
I figured it's worth it just to try it for the memory aspects of it. I've never had a good memory and it'd be cool if this actually does work.
FWIW , here's what I ended up paying and getting...
1 Piracetam (Nootropil®) 60 tabs 800 mg $18.00 $18.00
Sub Total $18.00
Shipping and Handling $15.00
Total $33.00
If anyone finds a better deal, holler. I didn't really look that hard, just found one that accepted on-line orders and shipped to the US.

In case anyone wants to know.
Piracetam is reported to be an intelligence booster and CNS (central nervous system) stimulant with no known toxicity or addictive properties. The subjective effect described by some people is that piracetam, “wakes up your brain.” It's effects and safety are so impressive that piracetam prompted the creation of a new pharmaceutical category called nootropics.
The term nootropic comes from a Greek word meaning “acting on the mind.” Since the invention of piracetam by UCB Laboratories in Belgium, other pharmaceutical companies have been scrambling to develop their own nootropics. Some of them being researched now include; vinpocetine, aniracetam, pramiracetam, and oxiracetam. As yet, there is no nootropic compound that is FDA approved for sale in the US, but there is plenty of motivation on the part of pharmaceutical companies to get that approval. Financial analysts expect that the US market for these cognitive enhancers will soon be in excess of $1-billion per year (Pelton, 1989).
Piracetam is very similar in molecular structure to the amino acid pyroglutamate (see Pyroglutamate). Piracetam and pyroglutamate have the same “base” chemical structure, the 2-oxo-pyrrolidine, but they differ by the side chain. Pyroglutamate is 2-oxo-pyrrolidine carboxylic acid, and piracetam is 2-oxo-pyrrolidine acetamide.
Piracetam enhances cognition under conditions of hypoxia (too little oxygen), and also enhances memory and some kinds of learning in normal humans. Outside of the US, piracetam is used to treat alcoholism, stroke, vertigo, senile dementia, sickle cell anemia, dyslexia, and numerous other health problems (Pelton, 1989).
One of the most intriguing effects of piracetam is that it promotes the flow of information between the right and left hemispheres of the brain (Buresova, 1976). We know that the communication between the two sides of the brain is associated with flashes of creativity. This may also be the basis for piracetam's usefulness in the treatment of dyslexia (Dilanni, 1985).
The effect of piracetam can be increased if taken with DMAE, centrophenoxine, choline, or Hydergine. When choline and piracetam are taken together there is a synergistic effect that causes a greater improvement in memory than the sum of each when taken alone (Bartus, 1981).
We know of one person who claims she feels slightly agitated and depressed if she takes piracetam for more than a week without a choline supplement. This feeling is alleviated for her with a single dose of choline. It may be that the piracetam causes acetylcholine to be used up more quickly and that the choline helps to replace this important neurotransmitter.
One fascinating study suggests that piracetam might increase the number of cholinergic receptors in the brain. Older mice were given piracetam for two weeks and then the density of muscarinic cholinergic receptors in their frontal cortexes was measured. The researchers found that these older mice had 30-40% higher density of these receptors than before (Pilch, 1988). Piracetam, unlike many other drugs, appears to have a regenerative effect on the nervous system.
One theory of Alzheimer's disease is that the decline of intellectual functions is partly caused by a decreased activity of the cholinergic system in the brain caused by cell death and cell degeneration. The researchers in the above study speculated that their findings could explain how piracetam works and could also explain the finding of Bartus, et. al. regarding a profound effect of combining choline with piracetam on memory enhancement of old rats.
As mentioned previously the late drug researcher Arthur Cherkin related to us that he believed the combination of Hydergine and piracetam potentiate each other by five times. This highlights the importance of adjusting the dosage when multiple substances are taken because, some of these substances will cause paradoxical effects when excessive amounts are taken.
Although piracetam is a derivative of GABA (gamma amino butyric acid, a neurotransmitter), there is no evidence that piracetam works through the GABAergic system. Some research even suggests GABA may even inhibit memory and learning (Zhang, 1989).
Precautions: Piracetam may increase the effects of certain drugs, such as amphetamines, psychotropics, and Hydergine, as stated. Adverse effects are rare but include insomnia, psychomotor agitation, nausea, gastrointestinal distress, and headaches. Piracetam has virtually no known toxicity or contraindications.
Dosage: Piracetam is supplied in 400 mg or 800 mg capsules or tablets. The usual dose is 2400 to 4800 mg per day in three divided doses. Some literature recommends a high “attack” dose be taken for the first two days. We have noticed that often when people first take piracetam they do not notice any effect at all until they take a high dose (approximately 4000 to 8000 mg). Thereafter, they may notice that a lower dosage is sufficient. Piracetam takes effect within 30 to 60 minutes.
Sources: Piracetam is not sold in the US. It can be purchased over the counter in Mexico or by mail from the sources listed in Appendix A. Other names include: Avigilen, Cerebroforte, Cerebrospan, Cetam, Dinagen, Encefalux, Encetrop, Euvifor, Gabacet, Genogris, Memo-Puren, Nootron, Nootrop, Nootropil, Nootropyl, Normabrain, Norzetam, Pirroxil, Psycotron, Stimucortex, and UCB-6215.

FWIW, I did some more readign and found that taking Piracetam alone might cause headaches. Ack. So I ordered some Twinlab Choline & Inositol (100 caps) that is supposed to work together with the piracetam to promore better memory fuctions , etc.
Here's what I ended up getting:
Twinlab Choline & Inositol (100 caps)
7.77 1 7.77
Total Purchases 7.77
Shipping 4.95
Tax 0.00
Total for Power Warehouse 12.72
Here's a quote from http://www.hyperreal.org/nootropics/drugs/pyrrilidones.html about the combination...
The effect of piracetam can be increased if taken with DMAE, centrophenoxine, choline, or Hydergine. When choline and piracetam are taken together there is a synergistic effect that causes a greater improvement in memory than the sum of each when taken alone (Bartus, 1981).

What's really is annoying is that it's made in the UK and most of the distributors are here, but that's the one country they won't sell to *sigh*

i read that piracetam increases the neurotoxic effects of alcohol (also it says in the product info leaflet not to consume alcoholic drink). but how is this so?.. and what does this imply for ecstacy?

I doubt it will increase the neurotoxicity of X.. alcohol related brain damage is due to the fact that alcohol is naturally toxic to your brain, and will damage it in large amounts. I think they mean piracetam promotes blood flow between brain hemispheres(superconnection) in such a way that it will facilitate intoxication.. obviously the more alcohol permeated blood going through your brain, the more drunk you will get. I ordered some and can't wait to try it out
smile.gif