• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

OctSOBER - Getting/Staying Clean Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ad lib

Ex-Bluelighter
This thread is for anyone who is trying to stay sober/get sober. Lets use this as a means to encourage each other each step of the way.

Freedom_Wallpaper_Pack_by_soumyasm.jpg

Please adhere to forum guidelines and the Bluelight User Agreement.

Find the old Septsober - The September gettn and stayn sober thread here for anyone wishing to look back at their progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah ad how did the appointment go?

Here we go.. october, october, october.. =D

pumpkin+grin.jpg

forest_of_gold_by_october_fairy.jpg

Last edited:
The appointment went well. It could've gone better. She said next month we will start the taper w/klonopin because right now being sick and all she thinks it'd be too much stress on my body.

But I will be starting the taper when it's refill time :) I guess I should be thankful for that.

So happy to hear about it Addy, did she agree to an equivalent dose to everything so you will only have to take one benzo?

I mentioned that I'm part of an online support group and we report to eachother on how we're doing. My psychiatrist really liked that idea. Maybe when you go back for your refill and to start the taper you can mention that. And make sure it's a nice slow taper to keep you even.

I'm so proud of you!!!!!! <3 <3

So happy to hear about it Addy, did she agree to an equivalent dose to everything so you will only have to take one benzo?

I mentioned that I'm part of an online support group and we report to eachother on how we're doing. My psychiatrist really liked that idea. Maybe when you go back for your refill and to start the taper you can mention that. And make sure it's a nice slow taper to keep you even.

Same here. My friends seem to appreciate what we've been able to do for each other here in Sober Living. I know I do. Peace!

Ad-lib -- glad you got through that appt alive and well.

Yes she agreed to an equivalent dose of everything so I am only taking the clonazepam :) thanks so much for your support star! <3

Nice work I know that wasn't easy for you ad:)
Ad-lib -- glad you got through that appt alive and well.

Thanks you guys <3

Addy, So are you currently taking the klonopin now? or still on your old dosing regimen? Also did you request klonopin or is that what she recommended? Mine recommended kpin for my taper as well. I would have though Diaz would have been better/easier to taper. Since klonopin really only lasts approx. 10 hours (after a week or so you'll feel fine with the 2 missing hours though), at first the 2 missing hours were a bit weird for me though.

You'll start feeling evened out within like 3 days tbh. I was surprised at how easy the transition was.

Just A Guy, reporting on here has helped tremendously. Something would definitely be missing if I didn't have this part in my sobriety plan.

Oh yeah, and today is day 42.

Right now I am still on my old dosing regimen until around the 15th- which is when I am due for my refill(s) for insurance purposes, and she wanted to wait a little while too because I have mono so she said to wait a few weeks for that to even itself out.

I suggested clonazepam, and she said that if that is what I really wanted then that's what I could do, but do you think I should suggest diazepam instead when I go see her? That appointment is going to be dedicated to taper.

ad lib, sorry I haven't really followed your current situation, but best of luck with the upcoming benzo taper :)

Day 16 here!

PHEWeeeeee! It's been a hell week for me w/ work. It's just been mind and body-numbingly rough. Feels good, but it also reminds me of when I was doping. No sleep, no time for eating, and plain nuts. I aint gonna, lie, I've been tempted to buy. But a beautiful sunset this evening (that I imagined was just for me) talked to my soul and said: "Be at peace." So... to peace!

A bit relieved to hear about Silk Road being taken down.

That place fuelled all drug use that I have done while attempting to stay sober these last 1.5 years. I haven't had a drink in over a year and that obsession has stayed away to the extent that hand saniizer nauseates me. I'm all about "free choice" or at least the illusion of, that people cling so tightly to, but when you are an addict like me, you don't HAVE the power of choice anymore. That went away a long time ago. There's a choice being made deep in you, but not a conscious one, and it's being driven by a primitive, selfish urge to get MORE of WHATEVER there IS AROUND to MAKE YOU FEEL GOOD. I don't think that the government should step in and save everyone from themselves, but in this case it's a good outcome for me.

The whole libertarian "free choice" mantra and libertarianism philosophy in general has always struck me as immature and selfish. Something that always stood out to me in Breaking Bad was Gale Boetticher, who is supposedly this globally conscious, cruelty-free, crunchy kind of guy. He was always so non-confrontational and peaceful, yet was able to wrap his brain around producing hundreds and hundreds of pounds of meth because "someone else would do it anyway". That's not the RIGHT thing to do, it's the justifiable cowardly thing to do.

Anyway, that is a whole other debate but yeah, seeing that SR was down today let me exhale in peace. I'm not saying it's the "morally right" thing to do, but it helps me keep my life right one day at a time.

Stay strong, guys!

:D

Response to Junglejuice, which may include triggers.

NSFW:
I understand where you are coming from. I KNOW where you are coming from, I mean. But I'm sad it's down. Dread Pirate Roberts was an icon of freedom and there always needs to be some CHAOS to stand against the ORDER... especially when the ORDER is out of control. Sometimes the CHAOS is out of control... but the balance is definitely in the hands of control right now.

Thanks for the response, and that was very thoughtful of you to have a trigger warning.

The thing about SR is that it's all great in theory, but for "this addict", having it as a temptation just isn't the most conducive thing to me having a great life. It's heartwarming to see that this sort of stuff is possible in this day and age, but I know it's not good for ME. I've moved past looking at it like "oh see, this removes all the street harms and makes it ok blah blah blah" and moved on to realizing what's good for me and what isn't. Once I realized those things, I started to make progress.

:)

Thanks for the response, and that was very thoughtful of you to have a trigger warning.

The thing about SR is that it's all great in theory, but for "this addict", having it as a temptation just isn't the most conducive thing to me having a great life. It's heartwarming to see that this sort of stuff is possible in this day and age, but I know it's not good for ME. I've moved past looking at it like "oh see, this removes all the street harms and makes it ok blah blah blah" and moved on to realizing what's good for me and what isn't. Once I realized those things, I started to make progress.

:)

Absolutely. :)

For me personally, I had to realize that I was the only person who was going to save me.. To quote a rehab or fellowship idea "if you dropped me in antarctica and I wanted to get off, it wouldn't take me long" so as I realized that i was "powerless" i also realized the the powers that were trying to protect me were even worse off than powerless.. we can find something anytime..anywhere.. so we need to develop and cultivate a recovery plan that addresses as may of our needs as possible and provides the most peeceful life we can have.. is it important to create some distance in the beginning from the moments temptation.. absolutely, but something always presents itself eventually.

I once flew a quarter of the world in an attempt to get clean and found better drugs than i'd left in less than twenty minutes.. on a large scale its demand, but really on a small scale it the same.. have to address the demand in us;)

Day 43 :)

Good to see you JJ <3 SR was a little pinpoke in the back of my brain as well. Knowing anything was available at a few clicks of a mouse. Not that it still isn't available, but SR made it so a mentally impaired monkey could navigate and order. So yeah, a blessing in disguise (for me).

Congrats on your 17th day Pagey (yes I'm already congratulating you before you posted it :p)

JaG (do you like your new nickname, I do :sus: probably because I'm obsessed with NCIS...ramblerambleramble) I like the idea of using nsfw tags for content that isn't directly related/sideways talk/triggering unless it's for a specific person. ;) Nice move indeed.

Well said NSA.

To quote a rehab or fellowship idea "if you dropped me in antarctica and I wanted to get off, it wouldn't take me long" so as I realized that i was "powerless" i also realized the the powers that were trying to protect me were even worse off than powerless.. we can find something anytime..anywhere.. so we need to develop and cultivate a recovery plan that addresses as may of our needs as possible and provides the most peeceful life we can have.. is it important to create some distance in the beginning from the moments temptation.. absolutely, but something always presents itself eventually.

Powerful stuff bud <3

I know some friends who went across the world to escape the drugs but they found them. I have friends who moved here from 1000 miles away to escape them, but they found them here. It's not where the drugs are because you'll always find them. You just need to not actively look.

Keep it up guys, October is a cool month :). Pumpkins and things. Lets make it a good one. September rocked so lets not let the train stop here!

train_tracks.jpg

So yeah ;) lets keep on movin' <3

New here and first post, 15 yrs drinking everyday quit 10 years ago started tabs,percs ect then roxys now finally graduated to roxys and opana both with script and always gone in a week. anyway after looking around and seeing how absolute shitty my life is now compared to 15 years ago even when drinking i had to stop. too bad i decided to spend over $40,000 this year alone on them besides my script. 13 days ago i took 2 sub strips,then the next day i took two more, after that cold turkey so nothing in 11 days and no pills in 13 days and still feel like shit. hope to wake up soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.