• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to get mine off the blackmarket, as AH7921 did not show up on an opiate test, so the clinic refused to supply me with bupe. I think i have a solid lead for the 0.2 pills but otherwise i'll have to jump at 0.25. I tried that before MR S. thats when i felt like i had gastro-entiritis and that id walked a thousand miles, so id rather do anything than try that again. But if needs must, then it'll need to be done.

Ive got everything crossed that i get these 0.2 pills, I'll be cutting my dose straight down to 0.1, then wait to adjust to that, then 0.05, then jump. I think thats about as easy as i can possibly make it.

im having trouble getting lower than 0.25. Thats cutting a 2mg pill into 8 pieces. Reducing further than that is all guesswork, and not really working. Im trying to get some 0.2 pills. They should make the last few steps more measurable, and easier to reduce the dose by fractions.

They probably don't have those lower dosages of suboxone since they claim it's not hard to come off of, so would have a hard time explaining why they now have a strip or pill that's under 0.5mg, while still maintaining the notion that it's an easy drug to come off of.

They can't have it both ways I guess...

^^

Yeah that's a good point Tommyboy. They are still clinging to the idea that you can just stop suboxone at something like 2mg's (which is outrageous) and it's just a walk in the park, a common cold. Such bullshit. Even with the thousands of addicts who now have first hand experience that have said how untrue that is, they still spout the same shit.

PW's only happen when you use suboxone after being stable on opiates with them still in your system. You will not get them if you are stable on suboxone and then use an opiate.

After reading more about bupes agonist and antagonist effects I am starting to question the likelihood of a 1-2mg dose of bupe inducing PW's.

At what dose does buprenorphine start acting more like an antagonist? (In truth, not what some DR said)

Wouldn't the likelihood or at least the severity of precip wd's increase with the dosage of bupe?

Sorry if this has been discussed (semi new to bupe)

Thanks

^^^

No you are correct, Zerrr. The higher the dose of bupe, the more chance you have of getting PW's. That is why a lot of doctors start with only 1 or 2 milligrams during induction. It significantly reduces the chance of PW's.

Can anyone tell me why I'm so scared to make the switch? Is there anything to worry about? If I do taper from the sub and I only have 9 ( 8mg) strips and after they are gone if I still feel like crap what can I do? Can I use a little hydro to keep the taper going?

I'm hoping the 9 strips will taper me low enough so I only feel a little crappy at the end and not have a full blown opie w/d. I went through that and it is hell. They say 3-5 days but it's a month before you feel like doing anything.

I just got done doing a quick taper on bupe from a pretty hefty H habit. I banged the H. I had only 1 8mg strip, so I IVed 2mg each of the first 3 days and 1mg the last two. I got off virtually pain free. Had to deal with minor lingering symptoms

i have now obtained the 0.2 pills so can confrim that they certainly do exist. They are made by Temgesic.

ztemgesic-pack_zpsdf797ab0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IME i felt like death trying to jump at 0.25. Theres no way its easy to come off. Ive immediately cut to a dose of 0.1. This is only a reduction of 0.15, the smallest reduction ive ever made so am barely feeling it so far, it may hit me later on in the day. But i plan to maintain this dose of 0.1 until i adjust to it, and then reduce to 0.05 before jumping. Thats as easy as its possible for me to make it.

I guess their justification for existence of these pills is for treating pain patients if they are still trying to claim that its easy to jump at 2mg or 1 mg or w/e. I do not know if these are made available to opiate addicts trying to reduce their bupe. But thats what im using them for.

Last edited:
Wow I never knew that you could get pills at that dose. I always thought the lowest was 2mg.
I've been on 8mg suboxone for 6 months now.
Can anyone advise me as to how long a person is on suboxone before they become dependent? I've heard all sorts of different times.
Is it true that the longer you're on suboxone the harder it is to come off?
My withdrawals wouldn't be bad after 6 months' use, would they?

Debunking Suboxone opinions

Well ive never felt the need to post anything on any drug site. Though i am a long time reader and have first hand experience with h, suboxone, and other rx opiates. I wantedwas to explain somethi gs about suboxone and debunk alot of misinformation that seems to be out there.

First off lets get my physical stats outta the way. Im six one, 180 lbs. Very little body fat, fairly active. Im 23 with afast metabolism. Always been thin eating whatever i felt like.

Now for usage history. I started sniffing dope at 17 and then started shooting. Ive had spurts of clean time spurts of suboxone time and spurts of full fledge shooting time. The height of my addiction i was easily shooting thirty bags of dope. I live in nj and its hella cheap. Prices have gone down to five bucks a bag of pretty raw shit. But i also have lived in maine and experienced the hillbilly heroin users life of rx pills ocs, vics, percs etc. though since my addiction started with dope percs and vics never touched my tolerance. I once ate a script of 40 5s in one sitting and i caught a slight buzz. So anyway lets get started.

THE TIME IT TAKES TO INDUCE SUBOXONE.

This fully depends on the individual. Whilst my time in maine i was snorting maybe 30 to 100mg of roxys a day. This was directly after my six months clean so it worked to some degree. Never nodded but had the warm energetic feeling from it. Anyway, I could get high during the day and snort subs the next morning and switch back and forthd thewith no issues. With that experience i thought the same to be true with shooting dope. Wicked bad experience. Precip withdrawls like a bitch. Ive learned that this process is so dependent on your current dosage that the time you need to wait is hard to gauge. When i was hitting the two to three buns a day i sucked it up and waited thirty six hrs and still hit withdrawls taking the sub. The option i found for any dope user looking to switch is taper down as far as you can. I normally try to get down to two dosesa day of three bags each dose. Then get some ops or percs and take aminimal amount for two days so the residual opiatea can leave ur body and youll only have the milder oxycodone in your system. Remember even though your withdrawling doeant mean the opiates have left your system. It means you have less then your body isused to so it craves more. For people with larger habbits its obvious you will withdrawl as the high amount leaves your body. Itd be interesting and useful if they do a study finding out how fast a certain amount is fully metabolized then passed.

I TOOK SUBOXONE TOO EARLY AND I AM IN WITHDRAWL.

My heart goes out to you. Your not sol though. This has happened to me twice. The first time was when i was doing thirty so bags a day. I took it about thirty hours after my last shot. Literally a river of sweat was comming off my body but i was freezing. Thank god i somehow fell asleep and the worst past in a few hours. You can take opiatea after subs!. Though subs or bupe have a very high affinity or stickiness to your receptors some of the opiatez will find their way to your receptors. I took 8mgs of sub and then after the few hours my connect came through with a brick. I shot twice my normal single dose and wasnt high butit took the edge off noticably. I dont know the risks in this so be careful, it is dangerous game. Taking a couple 80s or roxys would be pointless IMO as its like you need a massive amount of opiates to unbind or get around the subs. And if you live in a place where dope isnt readily available you may just need to tough it out. But if u have the budget or ability to get a high enough dose you can over come subs even as soon as you take it. Just be sure the subs already attachex or if you take more opiates before that the subs will rip them out.

There is much more info I have learned through personal experience. This is juat a few things i thought some may find useful. Feel free to ask specifics if you feel you need more info.

Good luck and god bless

^^

6 months is a long time.. You are already dependent if you've been on it that long. The withdrawals from suboxone aren't terrible.. but they aren't fun either and the downside is they last a long time.

I just remembered this, so the guy in charge of the NA meetings by me was talking with a few of us after the meeting and the topic of suboxone came up. Around here suboxone is becoming a little more embraced at NA meetings (they still don't really let you celebrate your anniversaries if you openly say you are on it though) but more for just very short periods of time, so some people were saying how doctors want to keep you on it for so long and don't really have an end game for you unless you are bringing it up 6+ months into being on it. So this guy said that when he was ready to quit opiates his sub doctor did a one month detox; 16mg week 1, 8mg week 2, 4mg week 3, then 2mg week 4, and he said he barely had any withdrawals, and they only lasted a few hours. If you weren't ready to get off at that time then he would refer you elsewhere.

I wonder how effective that really is. I know a lot of people would say the week 1 dose is overkill, but when you think about it that first week is very critical, and a dose of 16mg is going to block anything which should keep you clean when you are very susceptible to relapse. And then the 2mg is still high to jump off, but I also have a little theory that if it's still early in your suboxone treatment that it shouldn't be as bad to jump off at that high of a dose since it's still leaving you slowly which is similar to taking very small doses over a few days. I've stated elsewhere that I had found a single 8mg dose to be just as effective as using it over 4-6 days like 4-2-1-1 or 4-2-1-0.5-0.5.

Then again I had a lot smaller of a habit when I did that, so that obviously had a lot to do with it. If you have a large habit and just take one 8mg suboxone then it's not really enough time for it to even start working, so I would go with the 4-6 day taper in that situation. But if your habit is smaller (like up to 80mg of oxycodone a day) then I think that the single dose is alright as long as you wait until you are pretty sick, like as close to 48 hours as you can get. This gives the short acting opiate enough time to mostly be eliminated from your system so the longer acting one can go to work, and then slowly leave you so it's a more mild withdrawal.

i have now obtained the 0.2 pills so can confrim that they certainly do exist. They are made by Temgesic.

IME i felt like death trying to jump at 0.25. Theres no way its easy to come off. Ive immediately cut to a dose of 0.1. This is only a reduction of 0.15, the smallest reduction ive ever made so am barely feeling it so far, it may hit me later on in the day. But i plan to maintain this dose of 0.1 until i adjust to it, and then reduce to 0.05 before jumping. Thats as easy as its possible for me to make it.

I guess their justification for existence of these pills is for treating pain patients if they are still trying to claim that its easy to jump at 2mg or 1 mg or w/e. I do not know if these are made available to opiate addicts trying to reduce their bupe. But thats what im using them for.

Yea the temgesic has been available in other countries to treat pain since the 0.2mg dose is equipotent to around 10mg of hydrocodone, and considering different countries use different opiates/opioids to treat pain, it's just how it's done in some other countries.

Wow I never knew that you could get pills at that dose. I always thought the lowest was 2mg.
I've been on 8mg suboxone for 6 months now.
Can anyone advise me as to how long a person is on suboxone before they become dependent? I've heard all sorts of different times.
Is it true that the longer you're on suboxone the harder it is to come off?
My withdrawals wouldn't be bad after 6 months' use, would they?

Well if you start suboxone when you are addicted to another opiate then you are still dependent on opiates and will go through withdrawals (they would be minor if they were just used over 4 days to detox though) when you stop. Now as far as when you would switch from experiencing the shorter wd's from the short acting opiate to the longer wd's from the suboxone, well that's debatable but most people say 2 weeks.

Last edited:
You do not want to take bupe longer than two weeks do a quick taper reduce by one mg or less a day i was on it three months bad idea it builds up in your system. Since you have been on it a while it will not be easy to come off but it is possible im on day 30

Tommyboy, I think that anyone who does a quick google search on what to expect when detoxing from subs and sees a few horror stories will have the expectation of terrible W/Ds, and therefore will experience terrible W/Ds. This is one way technology is NOT our friend. This fear of W/D has kept me on subs for years longer than I needed to be, and now that I'm finally tapering, am scared out of my wits for doses under 2mg. Though I am aware of the role your mentality can play, I can't overpower the effect all of the awful WD stories have had.

If more people like the guy in your NA meeting spread their stories perhaps a lot of people would be able to quit maintenence when they were *actually* ready, and not stay on it just because they're gripped by fear. Then again, people aren't eager to share their stories of something that was so easy and painless for them, because there's no motivation for that. Misery, on the other hand, looooves it's company...

^^

Yeah that's a good point Tommyboy. They are still clinging to the idea that you can just stop suboxone at something like 2mg's (which is outrageous) and it's just a walk in the park, a common cold. Such bullshit. Even with the thousands of addicts who now have first hand experience that have said how untrue that is, they still spout the same shit.

+1, I've been on 2mg for some time now and it's definitely too much to jump off just like that. On a few occasions I would switch my Suboxone with full agonists, and God, how awfully it made my tolerance higher than it ever was. Now I'm kind of stuck again, this time with Suboxone, and I'm not really sure whether I'm simply not ready to quit it or it's going to hurt that much when getting off it and you can't help it. Going from 2mg down to 1mg has been impossible for me so far, the chills, increased sensitivity to pain, and general malaise are all there on the 2nd day at 1mg. I'm almost sure that I will have to make it the painful way - get a lot of Indica and sweat it out in a month or so (PAWS from methadone lasted and lasted, after 2 months I hardly saw any improvement).

adder, try more gradual reductions they are much more managable.

There seems to be a strong division of opinion anjd experience as to whether a short sharp taper is best, or whether its best to draw it out and make it as comfortable as possible.

Ive gone by the advice mr S. gave me. It's working for me. It was along the lines of theres no right or wrong way to do your detox. Its just finding what works for you.

Hey guys hope everybody's doing well in there maintinance...

I really need some advise....
I've been struggling really bad this week with trying to get back on subs... It's seriously been hell
Every time prior to this I was able to do my doc. Which is tar, then wait 24 hours and then take my suboxone and I wouldn't be sent into precip withdrawls....

But just 2 days ago I waited it out, the 24 hours then sniffed a half milligram and bout an hour later I was in hellish withdrawls

Now iv tried probly 4 times this week, all of which eather breaking down and copping right before it was 24 hours or disingenuous and going
Into PW...

I'm so scared now I really just want this over with I wanna get on subs so fling bad..

Tonight I made it to 20 hours then Fuckin banged a cotton shot :/

The thing is tho usually I would be in pretty good wd by this time (20 hrs since last shot 1 point) but I was just experiencing runny eyes, snuggled and really minor chills. Just really had zero energy, anxiety (which I took 2mgs xanax to help n it did)

Anything you guys could help me out with I would seriously appreciate... Anything at all why I'm still not sick enough at 24hrs?
There is some suboxone in my system but I couldn't imagine very much...
Thank you greatly guys il prolly be withdrawling again soon enough :'(

^ day 2 through 5 were hellish for me. Day 1 was just all "I know it's coming ... I think I can" anxiety.

I have two 8mg strips. Im quitting a light opiate habit (tapered down to a few vicodens a day). How should I take it?

I have two 8mg strips. Im quitting a light opiate habit (tapered down to a few vicodens a day). How should I take it?

wait until you hit full blown w/ds if possible, then take 1mg at a time every hour or so until you feel OK. That would be my suggestion. Are you using the strips to quit opis or just to maintian until you next get your D.O.C. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.