• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids i get a weird feeling when i inject tramadol!

bbgirlclueless

Bluelighter
hey people,i inject commercially prepared 100mg tramadol vials,and every time i iv them,i get a burning feeling in my throat and chest area,along with shaking,sweating,confusion,and numbness on my body.my heart beat becomes very fast.the burning goes away instantly,but the rest lasts for 20 minutes,after which im in a good mood.

can anyone tell me why the burning happens?

also is there any way to lower my tramadol tolerance?

Tramadol CAN be injected, but it must be done over a couple minutes' time to avoid nausea.

I'm not advising anyone do this, but Tramadol is incredibly soluble in alcohol, so it is super-easy to take tramadol pills, crush them into powder (or better yet, if you have Tramadol capsules, just pour out the powder), and pour some high-proof alcohol on it.

Let this extract, and use a syringe to draw off the Tramadol-rich alcohol after the sediment has fully settled. Pour the alcohol into a small glass dish and let it evaporate. What you will have left when it's dry is an extremely pure form of Tramadol.

I would advise AGAINST snorting that, though. Tramadol, especially pure Tramadol, is extremely hard on the nasal mucosa, and it will burn like a bitch.

So there ya go. It works.

http://forum.opiophile.org/archive/index.php/t-3814.html

Why would you want to inject tramadol though? Do you use any other opies?

thanks a lot spin
i used to inject nubain,but i could find it anymore.there arent any other opioids available so i had to start injecting tramadol to prevent withrawal.
been injecting for a month,i must be addicted to this now although i dont know,though i want to stop this as i know its a dangerous drug.
however,i dont understand at all why the throat and chest cold/burning feeling happens, does anyone else experience this?

been injecting for a month,i must be addicted to this now although i dont know,though i want to stop this as i know its a dangerous drug.
however,i dont understand at all why the throat and chest cold/burning feeling happens, does anyone else experience this?

Are you using a new filter each time? That's my first thing to think about, cotton fever. I used to save my cottons...until I got cotton fever. Are you prescribed tramadol? If you are, can you talk to your PDR about weaning you off? Or better yet..wean yourself off? Or you could do what I would do, find something harder lol. No, don't do that.

Tramadol itself isn't really dangerous, it's a analgesic; a less habit forming (but still habit forming) opiod. How many mgs are the Tramadol?

I don't know of any way to lower your tolerance to tramadol. It loses it's "magic" for lack of a better word and that's it. I would find a way to wean down and stop it altogether. Really, like twotoomany said, it is dangerous. You're playing with fire here.

No problem. In terms of opiate OD, you're spot on. It's weak as fuck for most people.

Last edited:
No problem. In terms of opiate ID, you're spot on. It's weak as fuck for most people.

They gave me that awhile back. I had to look up what it was. From what I've heard/seen/read it's really strong for people who are opiate naive. I wish I was.

It actually has to do with metabolism. If you make enough o-desmethyltramadol its great. Most people do not metabolize it efficiently though, so they don't like it.

Another thing I don't like with tramadol is even at low doses like 50-100 mg, I get a headache every time after it wears off bad. Only the first couple times I took it, I felt a bit buzzed and I havn't taken oxy in a couple years. So I think I'm pretty much back to being opiate naïve. Too bad because we have a bunch of them here but the side effect shitty headache keeps me far away. Sucks!

I think the tramadol isn't metabolized into 0-desmethyltramadol when you don't take it orally. And most the opioid activity is with 0-DT -- might want to just take them orally.

Also I read oral bioavailability of tram goes up once you already have some in you. I found it effective to stage my oral dose into two doses an hour apart from eachother. Could take less than I would normally take at once and get about the same effects.

Seriously, IV, and tramadol should never be used in the same sentance let alone injecting it...Wtf man, that's just a problem waiting to happen....just swallow it, you'll thank yourself down the road.

i thought IM was the way to go if you inject tramadol ampoules? am i wrong here?

Tramadol is just fine injecting it.

The OP is just injecting it at too fast a pace...

Tramadol is caustic... That's why it burns...

Tramadol seem to be injected medically, I dont see no problem with that.

You know.....I read that somewhere. Weird.

I seem to be the only one who is acknowledging it instead of...

...OMG Why are you injecting tramadol?

This is also from personal experience.

It burns like shit, I never shot it again.