• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids i get a weird feeling when i inject tramadol!

I don't know of any way to lower your tolerance to tramadol. It loses it's "magic" for lack of a better word and that's it. I would find a way to wean down and stop it altogether. Really, like twotoomany said, it is dangerous. You're playing with fire here.

How dangerous is it,which doses i should never reach in a day? I know it can cause seizures,there are also those people who inject for a long time and never have seizures. Can this drug kill without oding? Tramadol ampoules say it can be injected iv,these are 100mg ampoules. I have mild depression and social anxiety and this tramadol keeps it away..
I also mostly take a small doze of some benzodiazepine before injecting,to prevent seizures,as these raise the seizure threshold and are treatment for seizures.

I do it cause it keeps me motivated and happy,the iv gives a very powerful rush,but i want to quit if its very dangerous

I DONT KNOW HOW TO WEAN OF IT

i sort of take about 900mg/24 hours (i know) but my tolerance is so high.
thanks people for the informative responses,sorry for this long post though!

How dangerous is it,which doses i should never reach in a day? I know it can cause seizures,there are also those people who inject for a long time and never have seizures. Can this drug kill without oding? Tramadol ampoules say it can be injected iv,these are 100mg ampoules. I have mild depression and social anxiety and this tramadol keeps it away..
I also mostly take a small doze of some benzodiazepine before injecting,to prevent seizures,as these raise the seizure threshold and are treatment for seizures.

I do it cause it keeps me motivated and happy,the iv gives a very powerful rush,but i want to quit if its very dangerous

I DONT KNOW HOW TO WEAN OF IT

i sort of take about 900mg/24 hours (i know) but my tolerance is so high.
thanks people for the informative responses,sorry for this long post though!

You are already past the maximum recommended daily dose...

You need to stay under 300 mg per dose I.V...

700mg orally is the max orally per dose...

http://www.opioids.com/tramadol/prescribe.html

Last edited:
^The source states:

WARNING
Seizure Risk Tramadol causes seizures in animal models, and a few seizures have been reported in humans receiving excessive single oral doses (700 mg) or large intravenous doses (300 mg).

While actually 400mg is the maximum recommended dose in 24 hours. And not all at once. So 900mg/day is more than double of that and definitely very dangerous, especially IV.
People had seizures at much lower doses, like 250mg orally...

OP: Do you take 100mg shots 9 times a day or higher doses per shot?
I highly recommend to cut down your use and/or switch to a different opioid. You don't want to experience a Grand-mal seizure.

i once had some tramadol ampules and found injecting it incredibly underwhelming, just about the same as taking it orally.

You're also not shooting half a gram of meth in a go.

I hope anyway!

And meth burns when snorting. Can't imagine IV'ing it.

Keep telling yourself that.

I've never once in my life used methamphetamine, or any other drug not administered by a doctor/health care professional, via the intravenous route.
I actually texted a friend who I know uses methamp IV and asked him if it burned when he injected it and he said no, only if you miss.

Sorry, I was just trying to get a better understanding of what your reasoning was behind your comment.

Mmmm nope, meth definitely does not burn when IV'd. Missing is really dodgy business though.

wow seriously, i don't know anyone who tries to get high by popping Tramadol let alone shooting it. That is one of the weirdest things i've ever heard. Even Weirder then people trying to shoot up THC liquid. I would definitely recommend not ever doing that again bro. Please don't do that. I am an ex IV user, and its just not worth it, dont use Needles

There was a study that said that people injected with tramadol couldn't tell the difference from morphine, but I really find that hard to believe.

like has been mentioned, the solution must be injected over the course of a few minutes. do you react to oral tramadol in this fashion? it might not be a viable choice for substitution of full mu agonist opioids.

you know i heard that somewhere before. weird
because if you read the medical literature it will give a pretty good idea on the procedure.

hey people,i inject commercially prepared 100mg tramadol vials,and every time i iv them,i get a burning feeling in my throat and chest area,along with shaking,sweating,confusion,and numbness on my body.my heart beat becomes very fast.the burning goes away instantly,but the rest lasts for 20 minutes,after which im in a good mood.

can anyone tell me why the burning happens?

also is there any way to lower my tramadol tolerance?

That's the effects of intravenously injected tramadol, it's generally not pleasant in my oppinion and even if I had sterile vials of the stuff I'd just take it orally rather than inject it.

The general lack of opioid feeling from injecting tramadol could be because it has to be converted to o-desmethyltramadol first, so you will still mainly get a shitty serotonergic stimulant kind of rush that has a tendancy to cause muscle cramps and seizures. Blergh.

I hope all these people saying you can't shoot Tramadol know that no one is talking about the pills here. I have a friend from the Ukraine who used to inject the liquid IM solution all the time when he lived there. He claimed to do really high doses up to 2000+ mg and get high for days, although he admitted that it definitely was a stupid thing to do with such high dosage. Surprisingly he never got a seizure.

If you can't IV tramadol why the fuck is it in vials?

Anyway, my experience (with vials) has been that it is caustic, however this is mainly because the vials are quite concentrated- 100mg/ml, which is much more concentrated than most IV solutions. The documentation with the vials recommended diluting the solution from memory, I can remember I would always dilute them (inject 1 vial- 2ml- in a 3ml barrel w/0.5ml sterile water) when I IV'd them and I never had a problem.

I can't find the documentation with the vials, so I can't remember if it told you to dilute them, but I do remember I diluted it and I wouldn't have done that unless it told me to.

I also remember that when I plugged 3 vials (6ml/600mg) without diluting it, it burnt like FUCK (which is unusual, o-desmethyltramadol didn't burnt regardless of the concentration) and made my ass bleed...too much info? Maybe, I have no shame.

So yeah, it's probably just a side effect of injecting a lot at once...either inject it slower as others have suggested or simply dilute it a bit, IV'ing ~75mg/ml seems to be sweet as while 100mg+/ml causes problems.

"Tramadol 50mg/ml Solution for Injection should not be administered for longer than absolutely necessary. If long-term pain treatment with Tramadol 50mg/ml Solution for Injection is necessary in view of the nature and severity of the illness, then careful regular monitoring should be carried out (if necessary with breaks in treatment) to establish whether, and to what extent, further treatment is necessary.

The dose should be adjusted to the intensity of the pain and the sensitivity of the individual patient. The lowest effective dose for analgesia should generally be selected.

The tramadol solution is for parenteral injection either intramuscularly, by slow intravenous injection or diluted in solution for administration by infusion or patient controlled analgesia."

^^ Bolding, sure, but why increase the font size? We get your point.

However, as it says afterwards- "or diluted in solution for administration by...", diluting it has the same effect and is a hell of a lot more practical than telling someone to 'push the plunger down slower than the have been, not really slow, but slower'.

^^ Bolding, sure, but why increase the font size? We get your point.

However, as it says afterwards- "or diluted in solution for administration by...", diluting it has the same effect and is a hell of a lot more practical than telling someone to 'push the plunger down slower than the have been, not really slow, but slower'.

Slow pushing a more concentrated formula is not the same as slow pushing a diluted formula...

I'm pretty sure that is the point of his "bolding"