• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos how often do you use benzos?

Lopez

Bluelighter
i've recently obtained a script of clonazepam, 2 mg/tab from my uncle who is a dentist in mexico (funny, eh?) for anxiety.

officially i have what my doc calls "epileptic anxiety", which is anxiety due to overstimulation of the emotional centers in the brain (temporal lobe, namely). anyway, i'm no newbie to drugs, i've done just about every street drug, from coke to oxycodone, but this is something totally different. upon ingesting 4 mg i entered perhaps the greatest state of mind in my life, so oblivious, mellow and complete. there was no high, but this is exactly what i needed to shut my brain off.

anyway, i'm aware benzo's are bad, i was on them for 2 months under doctor's orders for anxiety (didn't abuse them) but my doc had surgery and i can't see him anymore (hence why i had my uncle prescribe me this), but i want to use them as frequently as possible to de-stress. what i want to know is if i can take 4-6 mg maybe every three days (a strategy a friend of mine used with xanax, with some success)? will that build tolerance? would once a week build tolerance?

thing is i took my clon late saturday so it kicked in hard around the time i was going to sleep, so i wanted to fully experience it tomorrow but i'm not sure if i'll get the same relaxation that i got saturday due to the dosing frequency...

also, if anyone knows whether there's an interaction between clonazepam and clenbuterol (currently using it to cut down), let me know, but this is just a side note, thank you.

If you take them every 3 days at those doses you will end up addicted sooner then later. What I'm saying is its a bad idea to plan on doing them every week. A few times a month is the best way to take Benzos.

I got the most out of klonopin and Xanax when I was barely dependent on them. It's not worth getting addicted to. Plus the pills don't work as good once you start taking them to much. Tolerance will raise rapidly at high doses and eventually you'll just be taking them to avoid going into withdrawal.

I was dependent on klonopin and Xanax for a few years so I'm just trying to discourage you from jumping into a benzo addiction with the goal of getting high.

If I were you I would use them when you need to sleep or have anxiety. Try to make the smallest dose work. 2mgs should be plenty to get someone high that has no tolerance.

The more you try to push the limits by taking high doses frequently the quicker you will burn out. Taking to much will lead to bizarre behavior that will get you in trouble quick. Just read the stories of people taking high

Doses of Benzos. It doesn't work out good unless your one of those people with extreme anxiety that just wants to be completely numb and knows how to act responsible on high doses.

Last edited:
I think you would need at least twice the amount of time that it takes for the drug to leave your system between doses. So about 10-12 half-lives (5-6 half-lives is an estimate for the time it takes to leave your body).

I take benzos 2-3 times a week but not in the recreational amounts you are wanting. I take either .5 alprazolam or 15mg (occasionally 30mg) temazepam but I take mine with Lyrica so they do feel much stronger. If you continue to chase the great effects pretty soon you will be needing 12-15mg just to feel something and with the long half life of your benzo you are going to be in a world of hurt.

And for reference when I first started taking benzos I would take 1mg alprazolam or 30mg temazepam with .5 alprazolam no more than twice a week and got great effects, granted I was also mixing with cannabis but even at this amount tolerance rose.

thanks for the quick replies, guys.

the reason for my high dose is that i figured i needed it seeing as i'm 220 pounds (been powerlifting for a while now, lot of muscle mass) and thought 2 mg wouldn't be enough to even phase me as every other drug i tried i naturally had a major tolerance to despite never having tried it before.

so after a while taking occasional high doses my GABA receptors can become permanently screwed? as in 4-6 mg once a week or once every two?

i just find it very odd that out of every drug i've ever used, from heavenly hydrocodone to cocaine, this is the only one i've actually craved. it's like my body is telling me "i need it, i REALLY do". i know what craving is like, especially with coke but that's more of an "i really WANT it" feeling.

don't know... maybe i should just look into using them therapeutically at a lower dose, after all i am epileptic (and depakote and victan don't do shit for my anxiety, just sedate me and make it harder to diet)..

It doesn't work out good unless your one of those people with extreme anxiety that just wants to be completely numb and knows how to act responsible on high doses.

this would be me. i don't feel high from klonopin. never have from any benzo or any gaba-ergic (alcohol, nembutal, phenibut), i just WANT to feel numb because my every day emotions spiral me out of control. i used to be on anti-psychotics (risperdal) but they obviously don't give the oblivious numbness and tranquility benzos provide

actually if i recall the only GABA-ergic substance i got euphoria from was butane. as an inhalant. i was young and stupid, no hate please :)

4mg clonazepam is a heavy dose. I'd be blacked out for a day if I took that. Try taking a few days off and using .5-1mg and see how you feel.

I usually take .25-.5mg alprazolam to wind down in the evening. Never really had a desire to take more except when I was a college dumbass and I wanted to get fucked up and party

My benzo usage is absolutely insane. I regularly dose 8mg+ of clonazepam in one swallow when I have a bottle of them (I've taken 20mg of Auden McKenzie clonazepam in one swallow multiple times, but I feel those are weaker pills). When I take Valium I need a minimum of 70mg for any therapeutic affect, 150mg of diazepam for any recreational affect. I can eat 5 Xanax bars in one day and remember everything that happens 60% of the time. All of this is on top of my 16mg a day of Buprenorphine.

I am very mentally addicted to benzos, but I don't seem to be physically dependent on them. Yet. I sometimes use benzos for 3 weeks in a row everyday, and I sometimes go 3 weeks in a row without benzos. I'm quite honestly surprised I haven't had seizures from benzo WDs yet. I *may* have had seizures from benzo WD, but I'm not sure. On the first occasion I was coming off of heroin and Xanax and I came to on the floor with a sore head, but nobody was around to verify what happened. On the second occasion I was coming off of Methadone and klonopin and I came to on the floor, once again, with a sore head, and once again, nobody was around when it happened to tell me what, uh, happened.

Currently when I stop using benzos I am okay for two days and then I go through a period of about a week where I cannot sleep, not even with the help of ambien and marijuana.

I have been diagnosed with "Extreme Anxiety" and Insomnia, so I'm super into benzos. Which is a big problem. And no doctor will prescribe them to me anymore because of my past abuse. I'm very afraid of being as addicted to benzodiazepines as I was to opiates. Fuck, maybe they are even more addicting?

I just can't decide how I feel about this class of drugs. For me benzos are a potent medicine that solve two debilitating problems at the same time. But then the benzos become a problem. So which problem is worse? Anxiety and insomnia, or benzo addiction? I can't figure out which is more intolerable.

Too much.
I recently got a lot of them, and I have been taking them every night for the last ummm.. 4 nights.
I gotta stop before it becomes an addiction.
I take about a 2mg school bus every night.
And then I am really groggy in the morning, which is not cool.

thanks for the quick replies, guys.

the reason for my high dose is that i figured i needed it seeing as i'm 220 pounds (been powerlifting for a while now, lot of muscle mass) and thought 2 mg wouldn't be enough to even phase me as every other drug i tried i naturally had a major tolerance to despite never having tried it before.

so after a while taking occasional high doses my GABA receptors can become permanently screwed? as in 4-6 mg once a week or once every two?

i just find it very odd that out of every drug i've ever used, from heavenly hydrocodone to cocaine, this is the only one i've actually craved. it's like my body is telling me "i need it, i REALLY do". i know what craving is like, especially with coke but that's more of an "i really WANT it" feeling.

don't know... maybe i should just look into using them therapeutically at a lower dose, after all i am epileptic (and depakote and victan don't do shit for my anxiety, just sedate me and make it harder to diet)..

Trust me, unless you have benzo tolerance (or alcohol/ghb/some other gabaergic drug since they are more or less cross tolerant), you won't need 4-6mg to enjoy yourself. Take as little as possible to achieve the desired effect.

I personally do not believe that your gaba receptors become permanently screwed (at least with at least semi normal use.... if someone takes 100mg every day than things may be different), but once you acquire tolerance it takes a long time to return to baseline and will probably rise faster than it did the first time.

I've been on 8mg alprazolam/day for years now. Only recently have I finally came to my senses and begun to use PRN rather than all day every day. I've experienced seizures from dropping off too quickly, and much more harm than benefit in general. I really don't recommend high dose use with any frequency other than when truly needed.

i just ended up eating the two k-pins. i think my problem is the fact that it's summer break and i've nothing to do. yeah, i've tried applying everywhere for a job but no dice haha, and it's not like i have a criminal record :p

anyway after today i'll take a 10 day break and dose some low-dose memantine to try and reset my tolerance. i say low dose because 20 mg will put me in a mild ketamine-like daze which is very uncomfortable.

didn't feel anything. got pissed and ended up dosing a gram of phenibut. still nothing. i know this stuff isn't bunk, it worked saturday perfectly. dosed another 4 mg. i'm up to 8 mg clonazepam and 1 mg phenibut. NOTHING but a physical muscle relaxation. no sedation.

this can't be tolerance. i'm suspecting clenbuterol somehow counteracts gaba-ergic neurotransmission in the brain. going to finish my clenbuterol cycle ( only 10 more days on it ) and take memantine to lower my benzo tolerance, then try again. if so i've just discovered something very important:

beta-adrenergic agonists counteract the effects of benzodiazepines...

^^ truth. But don't freak too much.. It does take at least a couple weeks to develop anything really uncomfortable. It's why lots of docs are resistant to rx long term benzos. But no joke, picking up that habit is worse than opis. I know from experience. So you're on the right track keeping it light, but no sense in 8mg doses out the gate. I wish I didn't need as much as I do, but as said the tolerance really doesn't ever go all the back down..

OP, your expecting too much from clonazepam. Yes your first dose was amazing, but thats because it was your first time.
Tolerance to benzos rise extremely quickly and your GABA receptors are very quickly down-regulated.
Best practice is to use as small dose as is effective for your anxiety and only use when you have too.
Since you already have epilepsy its doublely important that you dont mess up your receptors too much as seizures are alot more likely for you.
Please for your safety, stop trying to chase the high with clonazepam. Clonazepam is a long-acting benzo that is slow to build, its doesnt have the recreational potential of short-acting benzos like alprazolam.
Your anxiety will also run out of control if you use too high doses of benzos, the rebound anxiety is crippling, trust me.

yeah i still don't feel much but nystagmus. boring. guess i'll save them for a rainy day.

still wondering what role the clenbuterol plays in this.

Most of clenbuterols effects are on smooth muscle so i doubt it makes alot of difference to clonazepams effects.
The clonazepam is proberly beneficial in easing any stim type side effects from the clenbut.

my benzo usage is absolutely insane. I regularly dose 8mg+ of clonazepam in one swallow when i have a bottle of them (i've taken 20mg of auden mckenzie clonazepam in one swallow multiple times, but i feel those are weaker pills). When i take valium i need a minimum of 70mg for any therapeutic affect, 150mg of diazepam for any recreational affect. I can eat 5 xanax bars in one day and remember everything that happens 60% of the time. All of this is on top of my 16mg a day of buprenorphine.

I am very mentally addicted to benzos, but i don't seem to be physically dependent on them. Yet. I sometimes use benzos for 3 weeks in a row everyday, and i sometimes go 3 weeks in a row without benzos. I'm quite honestly surprised i haven't had seizures from benzo wds yet. I *may* have had seizures from benzo wd, but i'm not sure. On the first occasion i was coming off of heroin and xanax and i came to on the floor with a sore head, but nobody was around to verify what happened. On the second occasion i was coming off of methadone and klonopin and i came to on the floor, once again, with a sore head, and once again, nobody was around when it happened to tell me what, uh, happened.

Currently when i stop using benzos i am okay for two days and then i go through a period of about a week where i cannot sleep, not even with the help of ambien and marijuana.

I have been diagnosed with "extreme anxiety" and insomnia, so i'm super into benzos. Which is a big problem. And no doctor will prescribe them to me anymore because of my past abuse. I'm very afraid of being as addicted to benzodiazepines as i was to opiates. Fuck, maybe they are even more addicting?

I just can't decide how i feel about this class of drugs. For me benzos are a potent medicine that solve two debilitating problems at the same time. But then the benzos become a problem. So which problem is worse? Anxiety and insomnia, or benzo addiction? I can't figure out which is more intolerable.

qft