• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos how often do you use benzos?

I've gone through so many benzos in such a short amount of time that I'm ashamed to even post the amount.

I have anxiety and taking benzos for the first time was euphoric. Finally, I felt normal, whatever normal was supposed to be. 6 years later and I still dose Klonopin 1mg 3x a day. Once when I wake up, lunch, late afternoon. Nothing is wrong with taking benzos as prescribed, but please do not abuse them because it will take you down a road that makes opiate addiction look like a theme park.

Regularly. like 3x a week or more. Sometimes just a half mg alprazolam, sometimes 4+ witha few beers if I want to get fked up. That said, do not mix benzos and alcohol, at best, you'll get amnesia soemthing fierce, at worse, stop breathing or aspirate your own vomit.

Back in 2008, I had some moajor anxiety issues, and got a scrip for 0.25mg xanax. Pop one and 10 minu8tes later I was fine. Shit, just knowing I had something on hand that would make me less anxious was almost as good as taking one, and I never ran out of my scripts early. Take em to get high, and all kinds of bad shit can happen (even w/o mixing w other drugs).

I avoid 'em like the plague unless I seriously need to come down. I understand that WD from bennies can kill you like alcohol WDs can. So, I avoid 'em.

...after all i am epileptic (and depakote and victan don't do shit for my anxiety, just sedate me and make it harder to diet)..

Do you happen to have a dual diagnosis w/ down syndrome? Nah I'm just playin', but seriously dude why the fuck would you even think about messing with GABAergics?! If your epileptic, your GABA receptors are already different from most healthy people who don't have epilepsy, so I'd expect that if anything, you'd be extremely sensitive / prone to seizures if you were to abuse GABAergics, particularly more than any given non-epileptic IIRC, and therefore you should NOT be abusing any benzodiazepines for ANY recreational purposes whatsoever.

I'm a long-term benzodiazepine user and man have they taken a tole on my life and my overall mood (what GABA receptors directly influence). Stay as far from benzodiazepines as you possibly can, because

A) Abusing benzodiazepines w/ epilepsy is like, throwing rocks in a glass house that you have to live in fofr the rest fo your housrl . It could incur brain damage, or worsen it if there is any preexisting brain damage from seizures that were not controlled in time.

B) they are extremely addictive and have the most brutal unforgiving withdrawal symptoms of any drug I have ever experienced (GHB/GBL is up there though). Clonazepam is probably one of the hardest benzodiazepines to WD from, according to what I've seen.

4-6 mg every 3 days is a huge habit. It will definitely raise your tolerance. Furthermore, it will lead into addiction and withdrawals. To preserve that amazing feeling you're talking about, and which I crave to feel again, you need to take less. Like 0,5-1mg of xanax or clonazepam every ten days, maybe even 2 weeks. Tolerance to benzos seems to be irreversible when you cross certain line. I take them everyday, much less then before, in therapeutic doses only. They still do work for my anxiety but the magic is not there anymore. That's because I abused ridiculous amounts in the past and probably fucked up my GABA receptors. Take just a little and you will always have that amazing feeling and no worries about addiction. Take large doses and the high will vanish, but addiction will be there and possible horrible withdrawals will be knocking on your door. Be safe.

i don't mean to hijack this thread, but this post leads me to a similar question... would 1.5 - 2mg klonopin twice a week (i.e. monday & thursday) be able to cause a physical dependence/withdrawals? i'm not speaking about psychological symptoms at all, i'm just worried about the physiological aspect of benzo addiction. fyi, i have been thru minor benzo withdrawals due to weeks, or sometimes months, of prolonged use a handful of times, which i guess would make me more prone to a faster onset of withdrawal symtpoms. anyway, i have been taking 1.5 - 2mg twice a week for the last 2 weeks and i've been worried about this. would this amount really be able to bring about physical withdrawals? would i be better off using alprazolam with a dosing schedule like this due to the short half life?

and to the op, wouldn't clenbuterol be kinda counterproductive for you due to anxiety? i hate how clenbuterol makes me feel, especially on high doses when i try to fall asleep in the evening :X

i don't mean to hijack this thread, but this post leads me to a similar question... would 1.5 - 2mg klonopin twice a week (i.e. monday & thursday) be able to cause a physical dependence/withdrawals? i'm not speaking about psychological symptoms at all, i'm just worried about the physiological aspect of benzo addiction. fyi, i have been thru minor benzo withdrawals due to weeks, or sometimes months, of prolonged use a handful of times, which i guess would make me more prone to a faster onset of withdrawal symtpoms. anyway, i have been taking 1.5 - 2mg twice a week for the last 2 weeks and i've been worried about this. would this amount really be able to bring about physical withdrawals? would i be better off using alprazolam with a dosing schedule like this due to the short half life?

and to the op, wouldn't clenbuterol be kinda counterproductive for you due to anxiety? i hate how clenbuterol makes me feel, especially on high doses when i try to fall asleep in the evening :X

clen has no emotional effect on me, it's totally peripheral.

and as for your question, as someone above said, due to clonaz's long half-life, you'd probably still become physically dependent. i knew a guy who'd do xanax bars 2x a week as you said and he's fine, however he's getting out of hand, as he occasionally breaks the 3 day washout period rule.

Do you happen to have a dual diagnosis w/ down syndrome? Nah I'm just playin', but seriously dude why the fuck would you even think about messing with GABAergics?! If your epileptic, your GABA receptors are already different from most healthy people who don't have epilepsy, so I'd expect that if anything, you'd be extremely sensitive / prone to seizures if you were to abuse GABAergics, particularly more than any given non-epileptic IIRC, and therefore you should NOT be abusing any benzodiazepines for ANY recreational purposes whatsoever.

I'm a long-term benzodiazepine user and man have they taken a tole on my life and my overall mood (what GABA receptors directly influence). Stay as far from benzodiazepines as you possibly can, because

A) Abusing benzodiazepines w/ epilepsy is like, throwing rocks in a glass house that you have to live in fofr the rest fo your housrl . It could incur brain damage, or worsen it if there is any preexisting brain damage from seizures that were not controlled in time.

B) they are extremely addictive and have the most brutal unforgiving withdrawal symptoms of any drug I have ever experienced (GHB/GBL is up there though). Clonazepam is probably one of the hardest benzodiazepines to WD from, according to what I've seen.

technically, i'm not REALLY epileptic, however the EEG read "potentially epileptic left temporal lobe". or something like that. i've been through benzo withdrawal and it did SUCK. but lucky for me it was just ethyl loflazepate and not xanax. loflazepate has like a 50 hour half-life so it's probably softer on the wd's.

i got off cold turkey too along with my anticonvulsant (at this point i was fed up with life, didn't care if i died of a seizure, being medicated feels like hell, especially valproate meds), and experienced no seizures, just intense anxiety.

i feel like my problem is more like severe ADD because my anxiety comes from racing thoughts, and i'm aware that "temporal lobe add" is a subtype of adhd. i seem to fit the criteria for it quite well however adhd isn't typically diagnosed to someone with high marks. (yes, i'm in fact pretty smart :p )

although in the states i was diagnosed with adhd (i'm treated in mexico due to being broke)

Everyday but never more than prescribed unless EXTREME extenuating circumstances. Like if I'm about to totally loose my shit. Hasn't happened in a while.

I avoid them like the plague these days. I'd much rather just cope with the anxiety than risk triggering withdrawal again.

Was clean for a year, used benzos 3 times and got almost every single withdrawal symptom back for months. Benzos are useless to me now. I even denied them before surgery.

around 5 days a week, etizolam (I know not a true benzo) but most often used as a sleep aid, out of boredom, small doses when used for that, and calming down after the end of a trip or trying to abort a bad one, or stim comedown. I get anxiety here an there so of course its good for that. Next to Xanax I'd say etiz is my favorite in that group of drugs, etiz seems so much more pleasant with the cold happy chills and slight grin on your face, but Xanax is just so much more in your face and hits you nearly immediately. Ativan was kind of "meh" I've only experienced diazepam in the hospital so I never got a full grasp of it....Finally phenazepam..never understood what all the negative hype was about, as long as you know its going to take at 3 hours to hit and don't keep redoesing every 20 minutes, which I guess a lot of people did when it first came out, I guess that's where its bad rap, not much euphoria to it but its pretty good for anxiety plus at least for me the whole 50 hours or so you're on it its one of the few benzos that dosent make me sleepy and want to lye down and pass out.