Amazing Video Games

pr0ficient

Bluelighter
What video games to you consider to be comepletely amazing? What video games actually scare you when you are playing them, or make you feel like you are in them? What video game to you consider to be an amazing form of visual art?

These are all PC games ... I don't play consoles.
Amazing Gameplay
Team Fortress Classic
Day of Defeat
Ragnarok Online (currently the public beta is closed)
Addictiveness
Ballistics (real adrenaline rush)
Great Visual FX
Ragnarok Online
Ballistics
yeah I can't really think of anything else right now but these 4 games are absolute must plays.
[ 31 August 2002: Message edited by: Toshax ]

alien vs predator for PC had to be the best gaming experience I ever had. The terror you feel when you play is AMAZING. very very very well done

What video game to you consider to be an amazing form of visual art?
MYST ... that was one great game. The best thing was that there was not 1 way to finish the game, or certain thing you had to do. You were discovering a book as you lay the game, and the book was being written according to how you play. now that would be "computer game art"

I thought myst sucked, just not my kind of game.
My two favorite games all time:
Jagged allience 2
A really good game, cheezy story and fun characters.
Fallout
A very refreshing RPG when it came out, very captivating and fun.
And visually im always partial to space simulators, especially games like independence war 2 and privateer 2.
I guess my like for space games started with x wing but really got my attention with Tie fighter.
Tie figther was a nice change from the usual "good guys" theme in both the x-wing series and wing commander, the two big titles at the time.
I would really like to see a new version of UFO or Xcom as i think its know in the states, maybe with 3d graphics and cool lightning, and more of an rpg element... Enough rambling.

Team Fortress Classic all the way, insane combat 24/7. no sneakin around bullshit just straight up war.

I just like these games.
Its all about gameplay to me.
Bubble Bobble---Fucking classic
Double Dragon--Classic-first game i finished on one credit.
Street fighter 2--Another classic
Metal Gear Solid--One of the newer(not now)games i first liked
Bounder--commodore 64 classic
IK+---another Commodore classic
Towny hawk skateboarding--Some of the best gameplay ever
Goldeneye--The 64 version made me like games again
GTA3--Oh shit,this game is sooo good.
Oh,and another old skool game "Out Run",the second game i finished on 1 credit.
Final Fight also gets a mention.
Sorry i don't play PC games

Halo and The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind. They are both amazing
[ 05 September 2002: Message edited by: pr0ficient ]

i really only play puzzle games
but buzzy plays ghost reacon a lot against other people, and you can see the fear in his face

Deus Ex. You have to kill people and figure out how to get places without anyone knowing. I love it.

So many to choose from...
The only one that i could say that made me turn the lights on when i was playing it was Silent Hill on ps1.
The game i think tops every game of all time is GTA3. The graphics may not be cutting edge, and the story may not be the most exciting, but there is nothinng more enjoyable than running around a huge ass city having sex with prostitutes, and car jacking anyone at will. If you get board with that you can always go to a nice spot up high and peg people with the sniper rifle. It's good stress relief.. :) .

^oct 22nd Vice city :)
Three games that scared the shit out of me were Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3 for ps1. I think the scariest was 2. But 3, you had someone chasing you, you never knew when he was gonne show up and sometimes he just broke though walls while you were walking it was terrifying.
Other Games very Noteworthy:
The legend of zelda(me and my dad stayed up all night playing this, and i was like 8 or something hehe)
Original Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid
Guirella Warriors(you drove around a tank, for the nintendo this was awesome)
Boxing for Atari(I thought this game was the best thing since sliced bread back in the day)
Super Mario 3
Super Mario World
Metroid
Computer Games:
Warcraft II & III(3 just came out recently, i get my assed kicked everytime)
Rainbow 6
Quake II(Action Quake! Mod, omg)
Kingpin
Age of empires
newer games:
Onimusha 1 & 2(im in love with the visuals, they are absolutley stunning)
GTA3
Gran Turismo 3
too lazy to think of anymore, but ill come up with some soon

I thought the programmers for GTA 3 had to be Bluelighters cause fuck they gotta be some cool programming geeks.

Metroid...lol..now there is a game i haven't seen in awhile...classic.
Onimusha 2 looks tight. Been waiting for that one for awhile. I'm curious as to how the navy seal game is too (can't remember the name).
Vice City...that's Rockstars new game right? Someone mentioned it yesterday to me, i think, while we were playig GTA.

GTA 3
6 months on and I'm still playing the fucker nearly every day... completed it 3 times over and I think I'll get another one or two in before Vice City comes along
Soul Calibur
Best beat 'em up ever. Better then Street Fighter, Tekken and Virtua Fighter rolled up in a big bag of dragon punches and painful looking leg breaks IMO. I'm looking forward to Tekken 4 tho :)
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 & 3
I've a callous on my thumb from these games... has kept me up all night more then once. I just unlocked Darth Maul and Wolverine in THPS 3 :)
Ico
"An amazing form of visual art" doesn't even start to describe this game... beautiful, strange and wonderful.
Metal Gear
Both the PlayStation versions are possibly the best thing I've ever played while playing... can't see how you'd go back to it once finished though.
Advance Wars
Are there any other GBA owners on Bluelight? This game is worth buying one for... turn-based wargame with super cute graphics and brilliant gameplay... you feel sorry when the little bastards get killed stopping a heavy tank assault :)
Jesus... I could go on with this all night... Delta Force, Unreal Tournament, Deus Ex, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Quake III... Hogs of War, Bishi Bashi Special, Virtua Tennis, Command and Conquer, Chuck Yeagers Air Combat, X-Wing, Scorched Earth... I love them all! Aaagh!

Silent Hill II fpr PS2
+
Medal of Honor: Frontline for PS2.
This game ABSOLUTELY makes you feel like you are right there in the heat of battle.
Plus it helps to crank up the dolby digital surround sound!

Unreal, I remember the first one. The graphics were great back then...and it made me jump and scared the hell out of me at times.

I'm a sponge for fantasy R'Ping...
The entire Final Fantasy series has seen many hours of my life flash away.
Baldur's Gate, BG Shadows of Amn, BG Throne of Bhaal all get my amazed thumbs up...
And I'm waiting to get my hands on Neverwinter Nights... opinions from the fortunate?
And GTA3.... can't go wrong :)