• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Tweekersssss.... help me out.... Meth/ Amphetamine question

bdomihizayka

Bluelighter
With amphetamine and methamphetamine, when I do my first dose, I am up, euphoric, etc..... BUT when I redose, it just prolongs the tweek, it doesn't actually make me euphoric again.

This is not true with cocaine or crack..... if I snort another line or smoke another rock, I am up and euphoric again.....

I wanted to know if anyone had any scientific reasoning for this? I actually used the be able to redose and get "high" again on amphetamine/ methamphetamine, but that only lasted the first handful or so times I did it....

I don't use stims much at all, maybe a dozen or so times a year if that makes a difference.....

Thanks!

Your brain has released a bunch of dopamine and you are going to be burned out until you give your brain some time to recover.

The same thing can happen with crack/cocaine too just so you know; but the euphoria will fade away slower because not only is it incredibly short acting, but it also doesn't release as much dopamine as methamphetamine.

Captn. H....you should be a mod. you always say exactly what i would say on every post. haha 8) (really, tho. captain.heroin for mod!)

lol yes Captain Heroin hit the nail on the head. There's your exact reasoning.

Generally speaking though, unless you take 1.5x the initial dose (and still not always), redosing on stimulants usually only prolongs the experience without adding any more euphoria, while increasing negative side effects and worsening the comedown.

I can redose about 2-3 times, every 12 hours or across 2 full days and keep/increase the euphoria, but after that its doomed.

I can redose about 2-3 times, every 12 hours or across 2 full days and keep/increase the euphoria, but after that its doomed.

You're speaking of methamphetamine, right? Cause nothing else I can think of would work redosing after 12 hours.

Still, seems crazy you still get increased euphoria redosing 2-3 times. I would think the brain physically wouldn't have anymore dopamine to release.

I don't know much about meth but I know when I do crack the first hit is always the most intense so I always load up a huge first hit

We learned in my neuroscience class that cocaine is structurally very similar to dopamine and your brian has a hard time discriminating between the two. I guess that's why you can get "up" again after you redose w/ caine but not meth.

One other reason could be that the meth high last a lot longer than a coke high(dose for dose) which means your dopamine receptors are constantly releasing DA. Eventually you run out and you can't get euphoric again until you let your brain recover and produce more DA.

You're speaking of methamphetamine, right? Cause nothing else I can think of would work redosing after 12 hours.

Still, seems crazy you still get increased euphoria redosing 2-3 times. I would think the brain physically wouldn't have anymore dopamine to release.

Yeah meth for sure. The only real amphetamine that matters lol. Yeah im guessing the longer duration allows for fewer doses over those two days then other substances like the coke example above and thus the increased total duration.

I would imagine coke lasts just as long when you calculate its duration and schedule and also other amps too, but thats just a guess. I would say the effects are positive for the two days as i perceive them, perhaps not necessarily possible to significantly increase them though.

In fact the positive effects may actually last longer the the two days but what i experience is that by that time the negative stimulation has added up (as i understand those effects of meth last longer then the positive ones) to a point where its not hidden enough by the good and not worth it. How people go longer then 3 days on binges is insane. Prob just delaying that comedown.

Its not great though, i would prefer shorter duration and avoiding always dosing for that long. Coke is nice and user friendly and useful for shorter events in that way. However the fiendish further purchases and redosing is just annoying

I have also wondered about the dopamine availability over that duration and its seemed odd to me as well. I definitely feel it and get the rush etc. Perhaps the action of dopamine release allows for more access then reuptake inhibition as with coke. More guesses though.

Tolerance to stims in general Maybe play a factor. Or maybe your brain just can't handle it after that first dose. I'm the same way.

We learned in my neuroscience class that cocaine is structurally very similar to dopamine and your brian has a hard time discriminating between the two. I guess that's why you can get "up" again after you redose w/ caine but not meth.

One other reason could be that the meth high last a lot longer than a coke high(dose for dose) which means your dopamine receptors are constantly releasing DA. Eventually you run out and you can't get euphoric again until you let your brain recover and produce more DA.
All of my what...
Cocaine shares far fewer structural similarities with DA than amphetamine. A big portion of it is that amphetamines can produce a much larger peak in DA/NE levels which causes more downregulation of post synaptic receptors than one would have otherwise. Other than that Captain H hit the nail on the head. I could have sworn he used to be a mod though.

Try just taking a break for a couple days from all stimulants. Let your brain get some rest and make sure you're staying healthy.
What I've experienced in the past is after a break I'm able to start out within a small amount again (lower tolerance) and slowly work my way up throughout the day IF I plan to be up all night.

If anything, make sure you're getting a little sleep each night. I've used every day and found if I slept, even 3 hours, I still had a euphoric rush from meth as long as I stuck with the process of starting SMALL ...and take little "pick me ups" after

Usually on my day ones with ice, I bang and then i
On day two I bang/smoke and introduce a few crack blasts here and there. I try not to go past two days, but it certainly does happen, usually when attempting to come down I eat a xanex bar two and do a far old shot of D, kick back and sleep. Puts me back down on earth so to speak haha.

Try just taking a break for a couple days from all stimulants. Let your brain get some rest and make sure you're staying healthy.
What I've experienced in the past is after a break I'm able to start out within a small amount again (lower tolerance) and slowly work my way up throughout the day IF I plan to be up all night.

If anything, make sure you're getting a little sleep each night. I've used every day and found if I slept, even 3 hours, I still had a euphoric rush from meth as long as I stuck with the process of starting SMALL ...and take little "pick me ups" after

Yeah a two week break for me doesnt seem to reduce the amount needed to get high but does drastically decrease the negative side effects and makes the whole binge far more enjoyable.

Havent read all the replys but generally speaking you cant reach a euphoria level that is beyond or the same as a highest previous euphoria level in the same binge if that makes sense.

This accounts for MDMA, Meth and Amp. However, it is possible to roll harder with MDMA, you just gotta take a shit ton more than what it took to get to the most euphoria of the same session but dont go doing that it will take HEAPS and youll fuck yourself up hard. Meth however, they say you will never beat the initial euphoria in teh same binge, hwoever I have had my intial euphoria which wasnt too strong, came down, smoked more and reached euphoria that took over it. Amphetamine the same, I have used it and reached mild euphoria, came down, dosed and reached much stronger euphoria.

Its called chasing the high and it typically does not work, however depending on how much youve used, what euphoria you got to, you can achieve higher effects mid binge. But dont do it lol. Redosing is also a one way ticket to neurotoxicity and yeah obviously, takes much higher dose to achieve positive effects.

Sorry if this post sounds fucked, little too much amp atm lmao.

Try using ROAs with less tendency to create compulsive redosing patterns, like rectal or oral.

And I found the same was true with amphetamines, but not with cocaine, but I'm sure that severe, long-term cocaine addiction will create the same problems.

^ Yeah, oral seems to allow full euphoria for the longest duration in a binge.

you're either not doing enough to get to a euphoric state, or this is just how your body is. One has not done meth for about 13 years, but back then it was only needing to be shot about once every 12+ hours and, one coughed, felt heat through whole body, fucked like a bunny rabbit, and felt euphoria like none other.

Yeah I was going to say I can re-dose 2-3 times after my initial IV shot of meth and still get that euphoria back sometimes more, its not advised of course and it needs to be done before you let yourself come down too much otherwise yes it does just continue the tweaking. For example I had a lovely shot of meth before but once I became just tweaky and not so euphoic I had some valium and now that its been a few hours I dont think id get much good out of it unless I had a pretty decent shot. I shot say 150mg at first, now id need 3-400mg to feel good again.

I know what you mean though, Id say if I was using any other route than smoking or IV I wouldnt be able to get that good feeling back after the first dose.