• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Someone explain the enjoyment of tripping to me?

Man I trip to connect to something. Even if I can't put my finger on it specifically i know what im feeling.
I used to trip with my best friend so much that we could finish each others sentences sober. Its the connection. To remove yourself from this bullshit society that pumps your ego up so much and remind yourself that this life is not all about you. Whether you like it or not you are devinely connected to every single soul that has ever or will ever live on this earth.
And once your soul leaves this earth yitou are reconnected to the energy that gave birth to US all.
God its fucking magical. I remember eating some spiderman l at a summer solstice festival years ago and seeing and feeling the most amazing sense of peace. I saw the words peace and love written in the sky.
Some comfortable trips are like being in a fucking disney movie. Everythings bright and glowing, lot of warm earth colors, synasthesia. The walls are melting. You're sense are so stimulated. I can remember times not being able to move laid out with my tongue hanging out of my mouth lol. Everythings tingling.

Pfft shit if that doesn't sound halfway cool i dont know what does.

Alright, Thanks guys. I think I get it. It DOES sound beautiful, the idea of connection and being able to forget yourself to think about everything else, but still I don't think its for me. Thanks for sharing, guys!
Are there any that perhaps don't last for so long? What are those like? Anywhere near the same?

Last edited:
Extreme euphoria, a different view of the world. Ego loss sometimes,as well as sensethesia or howver it's spelled. Dropping acid can change your whole outlook on life sometimes, it's a great drug and is also very good for spiritual use.

Alright, Thanks guys. I think I get it. It DOES sound beautiful, the idea of connection and being able to forget yourself to think about everything else, but still I don't think its for me. Thanks for sharing, guys!
Are there any that perhaps don't last for so long? What are those like? Anywhere near the same?

there are short acting ones but they tend to be with more powerful effects.
a good easy on the mind psychedelic that is relativly short acting is 4homet.

Maybe just using half a hit instead of a whole one. You have to be in a good state of mind. If something's troubling you, then tripping will compound this if you know what I mean. I only had one bad trip and that sucked because I accidently picked an arguement with my bf at the time. I called him a dick and it all went wrong from there.

The hilarity and the heightened perceptions can be good
Bad includes the deep perplexion and the sadness of painful realities

dopamine and serotonin, my guess would be ;)

I didn't enjoy tripping the first time, but I think it was because I was pretty anxious and uptight about it. Open your mind, but not so much it all falls out

2c-b and 2c-c tend to be very benign with shorter durations than the classics (4-6 hours vs. 10-12). DMT is about 10-15 minutes in duration, but is extremely powerful as well.

there aint no conglomeration of words to ever do it justice...tripping is beyond words...somewhere beyond heaven & hell errr

thoughts flow into feelings i dunno...you havnt experienced all there is to life until you have a had a good trip imo

2c-b and 2c-c tend to be very benign with shorter durations than the classics (4-6 hours vs. 10-12). DMT is about 10-15 minutes in duration, but is extremely powerful as well.

i second 2c-b, very short, very euphoric, perfect beginners psychedelic. do it with a significant other

Any explanation people will try to give you will inevitably fall short, this is one of those things where you just have to grab your proverbial wang and dive right in. If you can't do that for whatever reason, then you'll never know. Sorry.

4-Ho-DiPT only last 2-3 hours, how strong it is depends on the dose taken. It's great.

♢♧♡♤;10975916 said:
in ways i find its the opposite - i was once just humdrum fool, now i'm so hung up on how things could be, idealistically

Ahh this is a good one, many people get stuck at that point, my advice is double the dose and a way to move past it will become clear !

yeh only getting half way there is like being torn in two...might as well completely drip down the hole into a puddle of consciousness

OP whats to be frightened of...we all finish up the same eventually

Last edited:
♢♧♡♤;10976022 said:
The hilarity and the heightened perceptions can be good
Bad includes the deep perplexion and the sadness of painful realities

when i first read this i thought it said reptiles

Tripping isn't for everyone. I wouldn't consider it a shortcoming if you don't want to do it.

People trip for different reasons. I trip for spiritual reasons. I enjoy navigating different alterations of reality. I learn a lot about myself and the different layers of existence from doing so -- but that's because I'm a very philosophically and spiritually minded person.

If you go into a trip feeling intense anxiety or fear, then that will become your trip. If you were experiencing nightmarish things, then those things are part of you and the trip is trying to show you something about yourself. Generally, you should not trip unless you're in a stable headspace, with people you trust, and in an environment that feels comfortable to you.