• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants adderall to concerta

Status
Not open for further replies.

viva la diva

Greenlighter
Ok I have been on adderall for almost 10 years, started off with add xr 30 mg, then have been on 20mg tablets twice a day. Wellllll when my body became tolerated to it, i asked for a stronger dose and was give concerta! I was very unhappy but did not protest bc i dont want to appear to be up to something (which is a shame for us who really need it now that the dea is having to crack down) but ANYWAY-can anyone tell me about it? With my adderall, what I liked was when i would take it, my mood was instantly better and not o nly was able to get work done but I was motivated to do it. Will concerta 30mg once a day do the same? I am also one of the few who enjoy the curb to my appetite. I take this med for adhd and mild depression. Any feedback would be great, first time poster :)

Ok I have been on adderall for almost 10 years, started off with add xr 30 mg, then have been on 20mg tablets twice a day. Wellllll when my body became tolerated to it, i asked for a stronger dose and was give concerta! I was very unhappy but did not protest bc i dont want to appear to be up to something (which is a shame for us who really need it now that the dea is having to crack down) but ANYWAY-can anyone tell me about it? With my adderall, what I liked was when i would take it, my mood was instantly better and not o nly was able to get work done but I was motivated to do it. Will concerta 30mg once a day do the same? I am also one of the few who enjoy the curb to my appetite. I take this med for adhd and mild depression. Any feedback would be great, first time poster :)

I am very sorry to inform you that you have just been prescribed garbage. Less than garbage. It will make you crash harder than meth before you have the chance to feel the effects. The effects that can be felt are nine too pleasant either, sort of like a depressed, unfocused caffeine buzz with more side effects. Tell your doc that it's not doing it for you, and that the adderall was working, but you need a higher dose. Otherwise, seek alternative add treatment.

or a new doctor bro.
have you discussed lisdexamphetamine which is nonabusable and he should be willing to prescribe it, comes in 40, 50mg so u should be able to come to a compromise. It isn't adderall, but its better than concerta imo. ask him to meet you half way, you don't need adderall but you still need an effective treatment, you will probably be directed towards vyvanse by dr.

methylphenidate(concerta) made me more stress than lisdexamphetamine(vyvanse) and was really less of a mood booster. I have a hard time understanding how could u feel better when you downgrade from d-amphetamine(adderal) to concerta...IMO it like passin to belogne after eatin filet-mignon for 10years.

thanks, i appreciate the response even though it is extremely discouraging! i'm going to give it 2 weeks, but i can tell already i'm not liking it. i took 2 30mg capsules this morning, and all it has done is made me feel like a took a handful of diet pills, but without any energy. i will definitley be letting the dr know this is not the answer for me! i would rather go back to my old dose of add than continue with this

or a new doctor bro.
have you discussed lisdexamphetamine which is nonabusable and he should be willing to prescribe it, comes in 40, 50mg so u should be able to come to a compromise. It isn't adderall, but its better than concerta imo. ask him to meet you half way, you don't need adderall but you still need an effective treatment, you will probably be directed towards vyvanse by dr.

a lot of people seem to get good ADD treatment from vyvanse, but IME it makes me even more ADD, and makes me tired and gives me cottonmouth like no other stimulant gives me. like no matter how much water i drink, it's stays bone dry. can't be healthy. dexedrine would be more effective. if you're doc wasn't trying to give you a weaker stimulant, i would suggest desoxyn, which has little to no side effects or crash, lasts twice as long as adderall, way more euphoric than any other stimulant, is more than twice as potent, and is simply superior in every way to adderall, dexedrine and especially concerta. i find that it relaxes me into focusing rather than forcing me too like adderall, and gives me a certain mood lift that differs from normal stimulant mood lift. i become peacful and happy rather than amped up and overly enthused. adderall feels like i have a gun pointed at my head that will fire if i don't stop studying or working or DOING anything, but it's ok because there's no chance of you not doing anything while you're on it. if you don't i feel like you might explode not unlike the manner in which bender did in an episode of futurama when he absorbed the energy from the sun haha. but seeing as desoxyn is probably (definitely) not gonna happen, dexedrine is your best bet if you have to stop taking adderall. if not dexedrine, then i guess vyvanse could work, as you may experience different effects than i did, and actually get the therapeutic effects from it.

methylphenidate(concerta) made me more stress than lisdexamphetamine(vyvanse) and was really less of a mood booster. I have a hard time understanding how could u feel better when you downgrade from d-amphetamine(adderal) to concerta...IMO it like passin to belogne after eatin filet-mignon for 10years.

lololol

Hello
I have taken concerta, and also provigil, as well. I have narcolepsy, add, and bipolar as well as ocd. I have felt much more focused with the concerta than without it, and am learning through counselling and reasearch and journalling how to stop , for the most part the ocd . I get exhausted sometimes, litterally ineffecive, and not able to think to be creative in any way, and at that time feel like a very large slug. I am thinking , since at the times that I am dragging, the concerta and the provigil do not work, maybe I should see about adderall. Does anyone know if it is good for focus, and wakefulllness, and is it better in the big picture for narcolepsy, and will it be more consistent. There are some days that, I am sure it helps a bit, but that the concerta, and even with the provigil, my day is non productive totally, because of it being partially asleep from the narcolepsy. I don't obsess about things like I use to, and that helps, but I would like my creativity to shine, as much as possible, and have less days that I feel like I am really dull. If you have any experience, I would truly appreciate your advice. Thanks Not sure how to get back to this post. I am fairly new here, to see when people write back. :\:\

if you're doc wasn't trying to give you a weaker stimulant, i would suggest desoxyn, which has little to no side effects or crash, lasts twice as long as adderall, way more euphoric than any other stimulant, is more than twice as potent, and is simply superior in every way to adderall, dexedrine and especially concerta. i find that it relaxes me into focusing rather than forcing me too like adderall, and gives me a certain mood lift that differs from normal stimulant mood lift. i become peacful and happy rather than amped up and overly enthused

or you could do meth, thats all desoxyn is

or you could do meth, thats all desoxyn is
No

Do not do meth.

Whoah, desoxyn and meth are not really the same, desoxyn has a relatively low potential for abuse compared to crystal. Desoxyn is D-methamphetamine, which taken orally, has less side effects than adderall, is not very stimulating, and has virtually no crash due to it's long duration and gradual comedown. The pill is also not smokeable, snortable, or injectable, at least not easily, so with oral dosing you have a far lower likelihood of getting addicted, whereas if you try to medicate with crystal meth, at some point you're gonna want to try snorting or smoking it, and that doesn't lead anywhere good, I speak from experience. Also, crystal meth is most likely going to be racemic, which contains both d-methamp and l-methamp, and l-methamp has all the side effects of adderall but more unpleasant and longer lasting. Desoxyn is less dangerous/addictive than adderall/dexedrine or ritalin/focalin BY FAR IME/O. The only ADD med that tops it's safety profile IMO is vyvanse.

Concerta is Ritalin XR....It's a shit drug if you ask me.

with absolute 0 stimulant tolerance it's pretty good if you plug it. But tolerance builds fast as fuck, then it starts to just make you feel like shit almost immediately. no euphoria whatsoever.

with absolute 0 stimulant tolerance it's pretty good if you plug it. But tolerance builds fast as fuck, then it starts to just make you feel like shit almost immediately. no euphoria whatsoever.

I know what ya mean...I used to try an abuse it a little....But I like the adderall high much better....Not that adderall can get me high anymore.

I know what ya mean...I used to try an abuse it a little....But I like the adderall high much better....Not that adderall can get me high anymore.

lol yeah i feel you on the adderall thing, I can take it and get stimulated and shit, but there's no euphoria there :\ it takes a point or two of meth to fuck me up. anyway, we derailing this, and old thread is old, so someone should close this ASAP.

I haven't read this thread, just the question. My 9yr old child was on methylphenidate ir (I know, totally different drug) and her Dr recently switched her to Concerta. When she was taking the ritalin ir, her dose was 20mg 3x/day. When she first switched, her Dr said there was a slight possibility 54mg may suffice, but he was right in predicting she'd probably need 72mg.
I realize that these types of medications are unique in terms of dosage; unlike opiates, the appropriate dose cannot be predicted based on body weight.
I also realize we're sort of comparing apples to oranges regarding what the two of you switched from to begin with. It does seem like you were converted to quite a low dose though, based on what you were taking before.
Hopefully your Dr was just airing on the safe (and if I may, super conservative) side just to be sure you tolerate MPH with no problems. I have a feeling that it's pretty much expected that you'll be letting him/her know that your'e not getting adequate symptom relief, and will be prepared to raise your dose substantially.
Good luck!
Cat

I haven't read this thread, just the question. My 9yr old child was on methylphenidate ir (I know, totally different drug) and her Dr recently switched her to Concerta. When she was taking the ritalin ir, her dose was 20mg 3x/day. When she first switched, her Dr said there was a slight possibility 54mg may suffice, but he was right in predicting she'd probably need 72mg.
I realize that these types of medications are unique in terms of dosage; unlike opiates, the appropriate dose cannot be predicted based on body weight.
I also realize we're sort of comparing apples to oranges regarding what the two of you switched from to begin with. It does seem like you were converted to quite a low dose though, based on what you were taking before.
Hopefully your Dr was just airing on the safe (and if I may, super conservative) side just to be sure you tolerate MPH with no problems. I have a feeling that it's pretty much expected that you'll be letting him/her know that your'e not getting adequate symptom relief, and will be prepared to raise your dose substantially.
Good luck!
Cat

methylphenidate and... uhh, well, methylphenidate are not entirely different drugs.

anyway, point remains, MPH is generally not a very good drug, and requires regular increases in dosage (I used to bang 180mgs of d-MPH at the peak of my use, when I couldnt afford blow) due to rapidly developing tolerance. It's also very "dirty", and has a harsh crash and a short duration. there is nothing more to add to this thread.

/thread

methylphenidate and... uhh, well, methylphenidate are not entirely different drugs.

anyway, point remains, MPH is generally not a very good drug, and requires regular increases in dosage (I used to bang 180mgs of d-MPH at the peak of my use, when I couldnt afford blow) due to rapidly developing tolerance. It's also very "dirty", and has a harsh crash and a short duration. there is nothing more to add to this thread.

/thread

BigFan,
I just reread and realize how it sounded, lol...
What I meant was, switching to Concerta from Adderall is way different from switching from ritalin ir to Concerta...since my daughter basically just switched from one form of MPH to another, while the OP is going from one completely different drug (Adderall) to MPH.
I totally see my mistake in wording though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.