• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler

British Man, 21, Faces Death Sentence In United Arab Emirates

Absolutely mental, but I have no idea why he was there selling weed, can't understand why any British drug user would go to such a shit hole.

It is the same as asking to be moved from a minimum security prison to a maximum security prison.

Absolutely ridiculous.

£260 for 3/4 oz....yeah, bloody stupid prices.

Oh wait, I may have missed the point here...

Hear me roar said I'm really resisting being an ignorant bigot right now, and letting my fingers type a whole lot of offensive shit about the Arabs.

Because western drug laws are far more sensible of course (life for a joint in the USA if it's your third strike)

A few years ago I went to Oz , my sister very kindlly offered to put me in rehab , she warned me and sent all sorts of documents about receiving the death sentence in kwarler lumpa where my stop over was.
At the time my using was chaotic and I really didn't give a fuck about anything , so I took a eight with me for the journey and because I wasn't due in rehab till 2 days after I arived.
Like a cunt I was smoking gear in the aeroplane toilet and even had a smoke on my stop over ,how the fuck I never got busted Ill never know ( devils luck )
But the worst part was when she picked me up from Perth airport and asked if I wanted to stop for a Mcdonalds and all I wanted was a tube of foil. She went ape shit.

To be honest I've always said one place I'd never go even if you offered me a free holiday is Dubai. It sounds bonkers but I really don't like the way the U.A.E run their ship so to speak.

Totally agree with this - I've met loads of people who have boasted about going to super luxury hotels over there, but it's the moral equivalent of boasting about having gone on holiday to South Africa during apartheid.

Because western drug laws are far more sensible of course (life for a joint in the USA if it's your third strike)

In this case, I couldn't care what western drug laws are like. The guys been giving the death sentence, for under an ounce of weed. Western laws seem very lenient in this case. I could go on about how ridiculous western laws are, but in this instance its either here nor there. :\

Dude, there going to kill the poor bugger.

Totally agree with this - I've met loads of people who have boasted about going to super luxury hotels over there, but it's the moral equivalent of boasting about having gone on holiday to South Africa during apartheid.

I know their drug laws are bonkers but SA during apartheid? Really?

I agree with the folk saying that he kind of should of known better. The sentence is clearly ridiculous but what the fuck was he thinking? It's not like he could even have been making a lot of money. Certainly not enough to risk your life. If it was a £100,000 coke deal then aye, maybe I can see why you would chance it - but for less than an oz of weed? You've got to be a fucking idiot to do that in that country.

I know their drug laws are bonkers but SA during apartheid? Really?

It's a disgusting little fascist enclave built on the exploitation of migrant workers - google it, some of the stuff that goes on there is really beyond the pale. People apparently feel ok propping up this cesspit with tourism because it's nice and shiny superficially.

The reach of babylon's tentacles have no bounds.

I have taken drugs through that country but never stepped outside the airport like. Poor poor young man:(

A few years ago I went to Oz , my sister very kindlly offered to put me in rehab , she warned me and sent all sorts of documents about receiving the death sentence in kwarler lumpa where my stop over was.
At the time my using was chaotic and I really didn't give a fuck about anything , so I took a eight with me for the journey and because I wasn't due in rehab till 2 days after I arived.
Like a cunt I was smoking gear in the aeroplane toilet and even had a smoke on my stop over ,how the fuck I never got busted Ill never know ( devils luck )
But the worst part was when she picked me up from Perth airport and asked if I wanted to stop for a Mcdonalds and all I wanted was a tube of foil. She went ape shit.

Ha ha, good on ya Strung:D

^ Yes, but he was saying going to UAE for a holiday is like going to SA during apartheid & being proud of it. Either that's a wild over-exaggeration or I don't know enough about the place.

There are plenty of stories about de facto slave labour (often imported from India) being commonplace in Dubai.

Whether that makes it 'morally equivalent' to Apartheid-era SA is subjective and ultimately up to the judgment of any given individual. It's safe to say that it's hardly the least controversial travel destination when it comes to ethics, put it that way.

There are plenty of stories about de facto slave labour (often imported from India) being commonplace in Dubai.

Whether that makes it 'morally equivalent' to Apartheid-era SA is subjective and ultimately up to the judgment of any given individual. It's safe to say that it's hardly the least controversial travel destination when it comes to ethics, put it that way.

Exactly. Although I'm not saying that the two regimes are 'morally equivalent', as they're like apples and oranges. It's about people blithely heading off on their hols to a place which is the way it is because people are being oppressed on a wide scale. i.e. going on holiday to Dubai now is as shady as it was to go on holiday to Sun City in the 80's.

I actually didn't know that. I thought you were just talking about the drug laws, or the way woman are treated (is it Dubai where the can't drive or is that Saudi?).

Got any links to anything about the slave labour stuff etc?

Exactly. Although I'm not saying that the two regimes are 'morally equivalent', as they're like apples and oranges. It's about people blithely heading off on their hols to a place which is the way it is because people are being oppressed on a wide scale. i.e. going on holiday to Dubai now is as shady as it was to go on holiday to Sun City in the 80's.

I am glad Dubai exists. It means less cunts where I go on holiday :) The place looks like some sort of dystopia in a hollywood production. I can usually see the merits of most holiday destinations, even if it is just to go and watch chavs in their natural habitats. But I just don't see what there is in Dubai. There is no real culture worthy of merit, there is nothing to look at, and there is nothing to do. You can't even get fucked at the end of a long boring day sitting in ridiculous heat that humans shouldn't be in.

Did anyone see them putting little children on top of camels there? They were regularly getting killed, and even if they won they just ended up curling up in a mud pit at the end of the day. I would have thought that with all their wealth they would endevour to become less backward, but apparently not. I am amazed that somewhere that has had billions thrown at it is still an absolute shithole.

I actually didn't know that. I thought you were just talking about the drug laws, or the way woman are treated (is it Dubai where the can't drive or is that Saudi?).

Got any links to anything about the slave labour stuff etc?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/oct/08/middleeast.construction

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/may/22/travelnews.g2

I know these articles are a bit dated, but it's an ongoing issue. Just type in Dubai and Slavery in google. In fact, it's rife all over the middle east, but Dubai is the biggest development, so needs the most slaves.

I would have thought that with all their wealth they would endevour to become less backward, but apparently not. I am amazed that somewhere that has had billions thrown at it is still an absolute shithole.

The billions have largely gone into making the upscale parts more upscale for the obscenely rich, and of course it's the lucky (mainly Indian) labouring underclass who get to build all this shit in 45 degree heat for bugger all money while living in squalid conditions. Miserable situation.

I saw a documentary on it once, the hours were ridiculous the pay pitiful and the accommodation was like a basic prison with something like 20 men to one toilet. But they're trapped there 'earning' as they borrow to go in the first place.

The billions have largely gone into making the upscale parts more upscale for the obscenely rich, and of course it's the lucky (mainly Indian) labouring underclass who get to build all this shit in 45 degree heat for bugger all money while living in squalid conditions. Miserable situation.

Apparently they don't even keep records of numbers of people who die making these buildings. It's illegal to publish or speak out against Dubai in a way that could damage the economy. You can be imprisoned, deported or fined. They also make sure that no public transport runs to where the immigrants live, so they can only go between their little shithole town and the building they are working on that day. And when the recession hits they are all just shipped out. I guess the problem is that Islam has no qualms with slavery and by extension neither do most Muslims in these strict countries. They were very reluctant to give it up, so they've just found a way round it. I mean it's only been about 50 years since the traffic of slaves was officially banned in Saudi. There have been a lot of undercover exposes since then, which show that such practises are just underground now. They are still happy to trade children and adult slaves, as well as sexually abuse their female slaves.

I guess the problem is that Islam has no qualms with slavery and by extension neither do most Muslims in these strict countries.

Actually, while the Qu'ran in no way condemns slavery, it sets down strict conditions regulating it. Two of the principal conditions are that only prisoners of war and the children of those born into slavery can be taken into bondage. Therefore Islam has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

If you'd said 'ancient Arab culture' then perhaps you'd have a point. Islam only embraced the prevailing social order to safeguard its own development. It didn't establish slavery, it actually reduced it considerably.