• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin did i REALLY almost die?

snazzy_sn

Bluelighter
So I've been posting a lot lately about I.V. methamphetamine, but that got old quick so I decided to move in with my mother, and last night i was jonesing when I found out my friend could get heroin.

now I've done heroin before, but it was always black tar.

This shit was white and clumpy powder and they said not to cook it long. But I spilt almost all of my first shot which was like half a twenty so I decided to do the rest. My neighbor walked in and found me lips turned blue and face all white and my eyes in the back of my head. I guessI fell out.

The paramedics got there and they put shit under my nose. The first time it didn't do anything, second time I came out of it.
They ssaid I almost didn't come out of it and they saved my life but it seems like if it was that bad they would have shot me up with narcan or something?

Anyways I bitched 'em out or whatev because I remember I felt amazing but now it's a big deal and my mom's makin' me go to rehab so like... might it not have been as serious as they thought it was?

Because I know this shit has happened to me a lot in the past over DXM where they blow in out of proportion and I get hospitilized... I don't even know. Whadyou guys think?

I think it is a big deal. You were unresponsive with blue lips. It sounds like you had a stroke of luck, a guardian angel, that came and revived you. If you didn't wake up when you did you could of died. Your breathing could of stopped all together. You were really lucky. Be careful.

I would think they would've administered narcan..

Still, we're not supposed to be blue..so..

Maybe you should've gone with a thank you note,
instead of bitching them out.

<3token

Yeah, I know. I was just in shock when I came out of it and they were all giving me shit and I dunno.
Yeah, I'm not ungracious, I just don't know how serious it actually was.
They told me if I did any more drugs the rest of the night I would die, opiate or not and I thought this was pretty suspicious because I don't think there's a chemical like that. Heh, I think I'm still high, Keep noddin' and forgeting what I was typing. LAWL

From my own experience, I find rehab to be of little value, at least with it comes to the average heroin addict. Anyways, while I wouldn't so much send you to rehab OP, I think that yes the situation is serious. When it comes to one losing consciousness and having to be revived by the paramedics, yea, that's pretty serious. Best of luck OP, let us know how things turn out.

P.s. family is hard, because they don't really, most of the time at least, understand heroin. all they normally know is the propaganda proliferated by the gov't, and much more often than not have demonized heroin and heroin users. heroin is bad, there for people who use heroin are bad. when it comes to a loved one who is using heroin, this still holds, but of course the loved one wants to help their using relative - they want to make them "good." The problem is that the using relative is rarely, if ever, asked what THEY want... The choice is more often made up for them, and it is usually anything if not the prejudiced decision...

Check out the following, especially the first and third articles: http://heroinhelper.com/worried/

This will help with you dealing with your family dealing with you ;) if you catch my drift. again, best of luck op. keep your head up.

Because I know this shit has happened to me a lot in the past over DXM where they blow in out of proportion and I get hospitilized... I don't even know. Whadyou guys think?

Surely you realise that there's a massive difference between DXM and heroin. If someone walks in on you when you've taken a lot of DXM, you'll look pretty fucked up and it'd be reasonable for them to panic and call an ambulance if they didn't know the score. Fair enough. However, this time it was heroin and you had clearly overdosed. It was equally fair for someone to have called an ambulance when they saw you in that state. And lucky for you they did because this time it sounds like you genuinely needed it.

You will never know whether the paramedics saved your life or whether you'll have eventually woken up, but I wouldn't downplay the severity of what happened either way. All heroin overdoses are a big deal and I wouldn't be so dismissive of the paramedics and what they did for you and everyone who cares about you.

Your mum won't be sending you to rehab as punishment, she'll be doing it because she wants to help you...Don't forget that.

Your mum won't be sending you to rehab as punishment, she'll be doing it because she wants to help you...Don't forget that.

For better or worse, this was exactly my point. Please read those articles I mentioned OP. You need to have a really honest conversation with your mom/loved ones. After all, they do want to support you. But, in all likelihood, they don't know how. So step up to the plate mate!

<3

Yea dude you almost died. I fucking wish I had your tolerance/quality of dope though!

I would think they would've administered narcan..

Still, we're not supposed to be blue..so..

Maybe you should've gone with a thank you note,
instead of bitching them out.

<3token

They can administer narcan nasally. Maybe the OPs veins aren't so great, so they had to administer it nasally, or maybe they were volunteers that aren't exactly trained to administer IV drugs. By me the police would be the first to responds, then the volunteer fire department, so I doubt I would get IV narcan until they brought me to the hospital or a real EMT came through.

man, that amount of heroin nearly killed? That isn't even enough for me to catch a decent buzz. Anyway , be more careful. I am an IV heroin addict and ive never ODed to the point where I needed medical attention. I believe heroin is a safe drug as long as the user is careful. I mean careful every time. One little slip up can cost you your life.

Last edited by a moderator:
man, that amount of heroin nearly killed? That isn't even enough for me to catch a decent buzz. Anyway , be more careful. I am an IV heroin addict and ive never ODed to the point where I needed medical attention. I believe heroin is a safe drug as long as the user is careful. I mean careful every time. One little slip up can cost you your life.

I used my regular dose of Heroin, reduced dose of clonazepam and a small toke of JWH-018. I dropped, needed 2 hits of narcan, CPR and went into a coma for 5 days. I reduced my dose of clonazepam to account for the cannabinoids. You could say I was being careful.

Heroin will always be unpredictable and extreme caution is necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
blew it out of proportion? You are delusional. You would have died. You came not close to death but you brushed shoulders with the grim reaper himself. What if your neighbor didn't come?

I had no idea that narcan could be administered nasally; it sounded to me like the paramedics were giving you smelling salts lol and that made no sense to me.

But, at any rate, it sounds like you fell out, and if your lips were turning blue then you were close to never coming around. Just a minute or two might have made the difference. Pretty scary, huh?

As for the rehab bit, well... I believe that only you, in your heart of hearts, know the truth and whether or not you truly have a problem. Someone here once said that junkies are notoriously good at fooling themselves, and that may be true, but a junkie knows; that sinking feeling is always there and they know what it is no matter what they say.

So, be honest with yourself, and I think you'll do the right thing.

Best of luck to you.

It could have very well been cut with fentanyl or something. I lost two friends to bad bags. Be careful :)

Damn Tripman, Glad they bought ya back!...

To the OP.....snazzy sn...Yep, you nearly died dude...Blue lips, unconcious on floor...etc...Fuck mate, what more proof do you want?...What they gave you probly wasnt narcan, and unfortunately ambos are used to us junkies gettin up and having a go at them, straight after they save our lives...Sometimes we even assault them...And they keep comming back and saving and helping us to live another (hopefullt worthwhile) day...I think you have been given a precious second chance, and not all of get that with a heroin overdose....Its entirely up to you what you do with it..

Narcan nasally is usually administered via syringe with no needle on it...

Last edited:
Heroin is just pretty damn powerful when you ahve no opiate tolerance. It's extremely rare to be cut with fentanyl.

I have seen someone shoot a single paterson bag and fall out (they had a non existant tolerance and should ha vebeen nowhere near a needle). Actually they pushed about half the shot and already was passing out all over the place.. later did the other half and I was getting scared I was going to bring them to the ER. They were unresponsive verbally just falling all over the place as if they drank a 30 pack of beer. no blue lips or anything but so fucked up it was scary..and def kind of pale. His girlfriend would not let me bring him to the hospital she insisted he was 'OK' and this bitch wasn't evne a fucking heroin user.

And this was from a single bag that costs less than you can count on one hand. It's just crazy how much your tolerance builds

^ My friend pretty much fell out off of half a NYC bag he IVd. He had a tolerance too, but had taken a month off, but even then you would think he would have been alright to do it. I left the room so he could fix up, and when I came back down he was in the nod position, not responding to me. Then I look over and see that he had poured out the other half of the bag to prep another shot, so figured this was a lot stronger than he figured at first. I was able to get him walking around finally, but he was out of it. He was walking up to every parked car and trying to open the door, so I got worried that someone might call the cops so I asked where the other 2 bags were and I mentioned his sneakers, so he just starts taking his sneakers and socks off in the middle of the street. Finally I remembered he said a while back he kept them in his change pocket, and I just grabbed them out without him noticing, and thats a tight pocket that anybody half conscious would feel someone going through. The next day he had no idea what happened, and I was planning on giving him the bags back but he was bitching at me when I told him I had him walk around to make sure he was alright, so I just gave them to my neighbor. He insisted he was just nodding hard, but he was really pale, almost blue, and I wasn't about to chance letting him goto bed.

On the topic of nasal administration of narcan and overdose, here is a video on it. OP, sounds like you OD'd for real.

Jesus man, take a long hard think about yourself. (edit: and others)
You just about died last night, blue lips? Obvious oxygen deprivation, if you didn't die you would have got some brain damage if that was continued for long enough. I'm not sure on your dosage and how severe it was, but if you're neighbor hadn't of come over you'd probably be brain damaged or dead.

Think, take a step back and think for yourself.
The was no over reacting here, just severe under reacting.

I don't want to see another bluelighter go down, fuck sake :(
Maybe you didn't get anything to severe in brain damage this time, I know the body deprives other parts of the body of oxygen before it kills the brain.

Last edited:
Just to reliterate what other posters have said:

You ODed and it is a big deal. You might have come round eventually or you might have died. Given that your lips were blue and the EMTs saw fit to administer narcan I'd say there's a good chance you would have died had nobody found you.

If that doesn't scare you it really really should.

You need to be more careful in future and I think you need to mature your attitude towards drugs. I dont mean to give you a hard time but I'd hate to see anybody OD through lack of appreciation of the dangers of drug use. The paramedics were just trying to help you, as is your mother. Being able to differentiate anti-drug propaganda from genuine medical advice is one of the traits of a responsible drug user and believe me it isnt always easy so if you're not sure be safe and err on the side of caution.

Better safe than sorry (dead).