• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin did i REALLY almost die?

Be happy you're alive man, seriously.

There's always another day to get high, as long as you're alive. You could have easily died.

You should feel very grateful. My fiancee's cousin is permanently brain damaged because he OD'd on dope and his "friends" panicked and left him for dead, not wanting to call for help and "risk getting in trouble." By the time someone found him and called 911, he had caused himself permanent brain damage. He is now in a wheel chair for the rest of his life and has severe mental retardation.

Does that sound fun? I'd reckon you weren't far from that sad, unfortunate state.

And I'm not trying to be a dick, but I just can't fathom how you can honestly question if it was a big deal or not.

It's this kind of recklessness that the government counts on to perpetuate the image and stigma of heroin and opiates in general. It's one thing if it were accidental and you are sorry and grateful, like most everyone when they OD (mistakes happen), but to be a little arrogant about it really strikes a nerve. If only because I've seen the crippling effects of heroin OD first hand (above).

I've used and abused opiates for 3 years. I've never really came close to OD'ing except once when I tried heroin (insufflated) the first time and really didn't know what I was doing, dosage wise. I didn't OD, but I was very high. If I had and passed out, and woken up to someone saving my life, I think I would have been in tears, thanking them with every fiber of my soul for giving me another chance to live my miserable life.

Anyways I bitched 'em out or whatev because I remember I felt amazing but now it's a big deal and my mom's makin' me go to rehab so like... might it not have been as serious as they thought it was?

Because I know this shit has happened to me a lot in the past over DXM where they blow in out of proportion and I get hospitilized... I don't even know. Whadyou guys think?
Damn some people don't value their lives at all.. did you seriously bitch instead of thank them?

There are people who love life, both good and bad aspects, yet they overdose and die.. instead of fucks like you. 8o

Consider yourself lucky bro. In jan 2010 i had an od that nearly killed me. I had just got out of rehab a couple weeks before and they found me on the floor in my transitional house bathroom with my pants around my ankles, the shower running, and the toilet seat ripped off the toilet. I had obviously fallen trying to take my pants off and tried to use the toilet seat to get back up. I wasnt breathing and was blue. When the paramedics came they told the owner of the transitional house that i was gone and probably wasnt gonna make it. They worked on me all the way to the hospital which i was lucky i picked a house a mile away from the hospital. They gave me a couple doses of narcan i was in a coma for 4 days. They found methadone, hydrocodone, diazepam, methamphetamine, and heroin in my blood. The only things i remember taking were the methadone and valium at 8 am i was found at 1 pm.

I wish i couldve thanked the paramedics that helped saved my life. They are here to help us remember that. They saved your life bro. And your mother just loves you and doesnt want to see her son lying in a casket.

Consider yourself a very lucky man because you easily could have been found dead or ended up severely brain damaged. With heroin you never know the potency man it varies from bag to bag. Plus you were use to using tar which wont get up to the potency of some bagged powdered heroin.

Count your blessings and please be careful. H can be a nasty bitch.

They can administer narcan nasally. Maybe the OPs veins aren't so great, so they had to administer it nasally, or maybe they were volunteers that aren't exactly trained to administer IV drugs. By me the police would be the first to responds, then the volunteer fire department, so I doubt I would get IV narcan until they brought me to the hospital or a real EMT came through.

Hey..thanks for that! I didn't know..
but now I do!
<3token

They told me if I did any more drugs the rest of the night I would die, opiate or not and I thought this was pretty suspicious because I don't think there's a chemical like that.

Suspicious how? You were obviously borderline fatal OD. Your lips don't get blue with your eyes rolling in the back of your head otherwise. Whatever they gave you, Narcan or not was enough to bring you round but if you'd taken anything else that depresses CNS it's highly likely you'd have been straight back into OD territory. A couple of beers could even have done it. There's nothing suspicious about it. They were absolutely correct to warn you away from taking any other substances.

You nearly died man. You need to have a long, hard word with yourself about how reckless you're being with your drug use, cos having read a few of your posts now I think you could quite easily be heading for an early grave if you don't. ODs like this should be a huge wake-up call. Take note.

Last edited:
Consider yourself lucky bro. In jan 2010 i had an od that nearly killed me. I had just got out of rehab a couple weeks before and they found me on the floor in my transitional house bathroom with my pants around my ankles, the shower running, and the toilet seat ripped off the toilet. I had obviously fallen trying to take my pants off and tried to use the toilet seat to get back up. I wasnt breathing and was blue. When the paramedics came they told the owner of the transitional house that i was gone and probably wasnt gonna make it. They worked on me all the way to the hospital which i was lucky i picked a house a mile away from the hospital. They gave me a couple doses of narcan i was in a coma for 4 days. They found methadone, hydrocodone, diazepam, methamphetamine, and heroin in my blood. The only things i remember taking were the methadone and valium at 8 am i was found at 1 pm.

I wish i couldve thanked the paramedics that helped saved my life. They are here to help us remember that. They saved your life bro. And your mother just loves you and doesnt want to see her son lying in a casket.

Consider yourself a very lucky man because you easily could have been found dead or ended up severely brain damaged. With heroin you never know the potency man it varies from bag to bag. Plus you were use to using tar which wont get up to the potency of some bagged powdered heroin.

Count your blessings and please be careful. H can be a nasty bitch.

Something very similar happened to my friend, but he didn't make it. He was in a transitional house, went to get high "for the last time" and tried to sneak it by turning the shower on while he IVd some heroin in the bathroom, and they were unable to revive him when they realized he had been in there for a while.

I hadn't done heroin in almost three months. So my tolerance was next to nothing.
I agree, this is serious shit, it's just taken me a few days and being homeless to realize this.

I appreciate the feedback and the concern. I feel like sucha fool for posting this.

My lips turned blue and my eyes were in the back of my head... is this serious?

LAWL.

Move on...We all fuck up once in a while dude...Just learn a lesson from your mistake...You are trey lucky to be here, when many others have accidently died...Friends of the people who are responding to you...Move on and dont fucking do something so fucking stupid again!!!!