Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mushroom Season 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I will bother hunting this year, as I don't use psychedelics anymore as a rule, however I do actually quite enjoy going for long walks and looking for shrooms whether I use them or not so you never know.

hey hey. go get off your fat ass and hunt me some subbbbbs bro ;D

You know I'll eat em ;>

xox Headdah

hey just wondering if anyone is from TAS, and how it's going round here at the moment. i guess it still is a little bit too early to start looking yet. . .

hey just wondering if anyone is from TAS, and how it's going round here at the moment. i guess it still is a little bit too early to start looking yet. . .

Hobart is pinning lightly, will look better coming into may.

Definitely an exciting time of year.
I remember this time last year i was finding 3x more than season.
not sure if its the weather or too many pickers in my patches but it's kinda lame :(

Just wait until we get a few consecutive days with temperatures of 17° or lower and over night temps in the single digits after decent rain. That's it. It fruited early last year due to the weather/temperature - it has absolutely nothing to do with the date.

I agree that all of this sun is shit for mushrooms, but my cacti are thriving ;)

Sunlight initiates the pinning and helps the primadora formation. Its an indication for it to start growing basically even though afterwards its not like plants where photosynthesis happens. Water is only needed when the mycelium is forming. If water reaches the mushrooms it can stunt the growth and cause a lot of aborts or completely stop the growth. Rain is the worst enemy when its forming.

^So in the ten years that I've picked subaeruginosa in the wild, I was just making a mistake with the date? Maybe I've been confusing March with May, because they both start with M. But then there's April... LOL

I'm sorry Sustanon, but seriously, that's bullshit. The earliest I have picked subaeruginosa was late March, and "the season" has been as late as mid-May some years. Are you trying to tell me that the hours of sunlight and the position of the sun in the sky are the same two to two-and-a-half months apart?

Mushrooms fruit in the wild AFTER rain. Yes, they can become waterlogged, but you will picking a fuck load more mushrooms after rain than a dry spell. Period.

You're totally reminding me of a guy that I saw at one of my patches once telling me that I was too late because he'd already picked all the "gold-tops" a few days earlier as if a patch only fruits once a year. This was literally about six weeks after the first flush. He also told me that I was too late because it was getting too cold.

Last edited:
^So in the ten years that I've picked subaeruginosa in the wild, I was just making a mistake with the date? Maybe I've been confusing March with May, because they both start with M. But then there's April... LOL

I'm sorry Sustanon, but seriously, that's bullshit. The earliest I have picked subaeruginosa was late March, and "the season" has been as late as mid-May some years. Are you trying to tell me that the hours of sunlight and the position of the sun in the sky are the same two to two-and-a-half months apart?

Mushrooms fruit in the wild AFTER rain. Yes, they can become waterlogged, but you will picking a fuck load more mushrooms after rain than a dry spell. Period.

You're totally reminding me of a guy that I saw at one of my patches once telling me that I was too late because he'd already picked all the "gold-tops" a few days earlier as if a patch only fruits once a year. This was literally about six weeks after the first flush. He also told me that I was too late because it was getting too cold.

I dont quite understand your question tbh. The 12 years Ive studied mycology I can tell you mushrooms will grow even without sunlight but its needed to initiate the fruiting phase and there after its not required as photosynthesis does not happen. You didnt give a logic explanation as to why your yields will be bigger after rain. Ill tell you why. Water is needed for mycelium formation and to keep the humidity levels up as it will dry out and will not pin. Once it starts pinning water is not good at all for them.

When they flush first round they will start growing again but sometimes the substrate dries out requiring moisture and with combined will produce a larger flush. Your right patches flush a lot more than once, they can flush up to 5-6 times even, by that time the substrate is exhausted from nutrients which is why they wont grow any more. If your mate didnt pick all the aborts, stunted shrooms or even rotten ones the flush will be small to nil. I never said that it will produce larger yields when its dry. If you know basic mycology u will understand how it all works. Water is only good when the mycelium and primadora is forming (if you even know what that means). Why do you think shroomery tells people not to mist the casings/cakes/bags when there are mushrooms forming? You have to understand the basics before you start commenting like that. Referring to mushrooms as "gold tops" indicates to me that you my friend have a lot more to read up on. Ive always hated when people refer to it like that.

and an epic reply from Sus. You sure shut him down haha.

oh and btw mate, can I get some gold tops bro?

/giggles

Referring to mushrooms as "gold tops" indicates to me that you my friend have a lot more to read up on. Ive always hated when people refer to it like that.

Agreed. Went for a little scout around today at some of my minor spots. There's not much fungi at all to speak of at this point. A couple of gallerinas, a couple of p. subs. Some other assorted LBMs. The mycelium is coming along nicely. The earth tastes like mushrooms. I can smell them. They are coming. Every season people get all anxious about whether or not there will be a lot of mushrooms this year and start making absurd predictions; there are ALWAYS enough mushrooms for everybody. Every year I find far more than I can collect. If you can't find them, you don't know what you're doing. Full stop. It's not a question of location. I have hunted in different states and different countries. In Melbourne, I can easily find mushrooms in every single suburb.

If you can't find them, you don't know what you're doing. Full stop. It's not a question of location. I have hunted in different states and different countries. In Melbourne, I can easily find mushrooms in every single suburb.
That's quite the comment

If you can't find them, you don't know what you're doing. Full stop. It's not a question of location. I have hunted in different states and different countries. In Melbourne, I can easily find mushrooms in every single suburb.

Exactly spot on! If everybody did their part, even if there is only one single mushroom, later on itd be enough for every single person in this country if just one person cloned its tissues, isolated/sectored its mycelium or even took just a single print. I Really hate those people who just rape the patches and have little to no clue about mycology and only know what they are looking for taking everything and leaving the patches all beaten up. Just imagine if you would spawn uncolonized substrates, itd be everywhere including your backyard. (I heard woodchips are good to use;) )

Ps: I actually forgot to add to my last post that water increases the chance of the shrooms getting contaminated by bacteria, mold or anything along those lines. Its just not good.
Another point/note: The substrate needs moisture/water not the mushrooms itself. Mushrooms feed off the substrate getting nutrients water as they grow. They dont just magically absorb them through the stipe or pileus (stem and stalk), if they try to thats when rotting starts to happen combined with little to no FAE.

Last edited:
LOL. I will reply while sober. I knew my post would get everyone scribbling.

Peace. =D

Hey everyone From Brisbane
i really want some mushies, and i know its out of season but is it still possible to find them around here?

You can go picking after rain around this time in Brizzy, I'd imagine. But double check with somebody else, I could be wrong mate.

That's quite the comment

How's this for a statement: Come July, I can find mushrooms - in any suburb of Melbourne - within one hour. People who struggle to find mushrooms are either lazy or stupid. Those are the only explanations. People are capable of tracking animals across vast wildernesses. It is much easier to find an inanimate object that grows out of the ground than it is to find an animal. You don't have to be a tracker to find mushrooms. During the peak of the season, I can smell them out. I can taste the earth and now if they are within a certain distance. So can you. People tell me "there's no mushrooms in my area" because they couldn't be fucked finding them, or learning how to find them. They go for a little wander in their local park and expect to stumble across a batch. Get down on your hands and knees. Get familiar with the earth. Read some books. Then tell me it's quite the comment.

^ if you can smell them out and find them from tasting earth...id say quit eating them for a while haha :)

next thing you know you'll be strutting around like a rooster, flapping your wings, perched in a shrubby tree, cockadoodledooing

okay i went out even though it hadn't rained but i thought i would give it a shot cause its very humid at the moment I found acouple that i think are Panaeolus cyanescens, but old ones, waiting on rain now hopefully it will come soon

LOL- you guys have totally misinterpreted what I wrote.

I put "gold-tops" in quotation marks because it is indeed a sign of someone not knowing what they're talking about. The italicised section is an anecdote regarding a guy that I ran into at one of my patches who was an absolute retard. I don't call subaeruginosa "gold-tops", it's how the guy explained them to me. This in conjunction with him also telling me that I was too late because it needed to be warmer was hilarious.

You guys really didn't notice that I was talking about someone else who I'd never met before???

I dont quite understand your question tbh. The 12 years Ive studied mycology I can tell you mushrooms will grow even without sunlight but its needed to initiate the fruiting phase and there after its not required as photosynthesis does not happen. You didnt give a logic explanation as to why your yields will be bigger after rain. Ill tell you why. Water is needed for mycelium formation and to keep the humidity levels up as it will dry out and will not pin. Once it starts pinning water is not good at all for them.

When they flush first round they will start growing again but sometimes the substrate dries out requiring moisture and with combined will produce a larger flush. Your right patches flush a lot more than once, they can flush up to 5-6 times even, by that time the substrate is exhausted from nutrients which is why they wont grow any more. If your mate didnt pick all the aborts, stunted shrooms or even rotten ones the flush will be small to nil. I never said that it will produce larger yields when its dry. If you know basic mycology u will understand how it all works. Water is only good when the mycelium and primadora is forming (if you even know what that means). Why do you think shroomery tells people not to mist the casings/cakes/bags when there are mushrooms forming? You have to understand the basics before you start commenting like that. Referring to mushrooms as "gold tops" indicates to me that you my friend have a lot more to read up on. Ive always hated when people refer to it like that.

Nice condescending tone here Sustanon. ;) I do in fact know all about how mushrooms grow. Maybe read a few more of my posts before making enormous assumptions. The anecdote was about a guy I had never met before, so he was not my mate. And seriously it is entirely obvious that you're talking about growing mushrooms inside.

Referring to mushrooms as "gold tops" indicates to me that you my friend have a lot more to read up on. Ive always hated when people refer to it like that.

Once again, I would never call subaeruginosa gold tops, you twat. ;) [This is black humour - I thought I'd better spell it out for you because it seems you're having trouble deriving a semantic interpretation from my syntax (if you even know what that means) LOLOLOL]

Exactly spot on! If everybody did their part, even if there is only one single mushroom, later on itd be enough for every single person in this country if just one person cloned its tissues, isolated/sectored its mycelium or even took just a single print. I Really hate those people who just rape the patches and have little to no clue about mycology and only know what they are looking for taking everything and leaving the patches all beaten up. Just imagine if you would spawn uncolonized substrates, itd be everywhere including your backyard. (I heard woodchips are good to use;) )

Ps: I actually forgot to add to my last post that water increases the chance of the shrooms getting contaminated by bacteria, mold or anything along those lines. Its just not good.
Another point/note: The substrate needs moisture/water not the mushrooms itself. Mushrooms feed off the substrate getting nutrients water as they grow. They dont just magically absorb them through the stipe or pileus (stem and stalk), if they try to thats when rotting starts to happen combined with little to no FAE.

I'd love to see you clone subaeruginosa sustanon, it'd be great to see such an expert at work. Subs a notoriously difficult to grow. But please, do an experiment and show me all of that knowledge at work. ;) I know you know your shit when it comes to growing cubensis, but seriously, you haven't enlightened me in anyway shape or form. I'd be happy to wager that I'm just as well read as your excellency.

How's this for a statement: Come July, I can find mushrooms - in any suburb of Melbourne - within one hour.

I can find subaeruginosa all over Melbourne, once there has been rain and the required temperatures for them to fruit. This happened at the end of March last year for example. In ten years of doing this I can just feel when it's cold enough to find subaeruginosa. I have even found them as late as September.

It all comes down to environment and weather. "Mushroom season" is an arbitrary compound noun, it doesn't start and finish on particular dates.

And finally, Sustanon, my question regarding sunlight and mushrooms outdoors. If "mushroom season" begins in May, as so many people say, and the Earth's orbit defines the hours of sunlight we receive and also the sun's position in the sky (you do understand this don't you?), how can the sun be responsible for making the mycelium fruit if the dates of "mushroom season" change each year? The angle of the sunlight and the hours of daylight are different every single day of the year. You make it sound like you believe that the mycelium waits for a particular day (hours and angle of the light) and then it fruits.

Is this what you're saying? Because if that is the case, I repeat: That's bullshit. If I've misinterpreted what you wrote, I apologise.

It depends on the freaking weather. Did I damage your dung-loving-mushroom-growing ego by talking about picking wood-lovers outside?

*note: This is all very funny and my tone is meant to be humorous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.