• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Police: Kids left in car while couple shot heroin on Christmas Eve

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
A married couple accused of shooting up heroin in a gas station bathroom on Christmas Eve while their two school-aged children were left in the family’s car face felony drug and child endangerment charges, Darien Police said on Monday.

Andrew L. Burr, 25, and Georgina R. Burr, 27, both of the western Illinois town of Walnut, were arrested at about 7 p.m. on Dec. 24 after someone inside the gas station called police, reporting two kids – ages 4 and 10 – had been left alone in a car for about 15 minutes, police said.

Officers called to the station knocked on the door of the women’s bathroom and found the couple with dilated pupils that would not constrict in the light, said Officer Nick Skweres of the Darien Police. Officers also found hypodermic syringe parts in the bathroom garbage and noticed blood marks on the floor, Skweres said. A loaded syringe and a small amount of heroin were found in the woman’s possession, he said.

Both are charged with felony drug possession and endangering the life of a child, according to court records.

After celebrating Christmas Eve with family in the Lisle area, police say the couple loaded the two kids in a car and drove to the West Side of Chicago, where they obtained heroin. On the way back they stopped at the gas station, in the 8200 block of Plainfield Road, to use the drugs, police said.

cont at
http://triblocal.com/darien/2012/01...ar-while-couple-shot-heroin-on-christmas-eve/

What dumb people... They couldn't wait until they got home to shoot up? I mean, shit... This is as bad as going into a bathroom and taking shots before driving your kids home. I hope they're punished.

Dialated pupils that would not constrict to light? Possession of heroin?

Doesn't make sense unless they shot some coke first.

Damn fiends!!!! How ignorant... I guess there are rouge elements everywhere, bet the kids are relatively unharmed now.

Poor children.... Hopefully they have caring family members that will take them in. It will be sad if they get lost in the system because of their parents stupid choices.

Poor children.... Hopefully they have caring family members that will take them in. It will be sad if they get lost in the system because of their parents stupid choices.
Lol man, Yeah it would be a shame to get lost in the system that young. I been lost since I was 13. Luckily my parents cared.

This story contradicts itself. It says they shot Heroin but had dilated pupils that wouldn't constrict in the light. It should be the other way round, right? I've never used Heroin before but I'm a Dihydrocodeine user and that causes my pupils to constrict, even in the dark. Correct me if I'm wrong!

I've used opiates a total of 5 times and from what I've heard, opiates cause pupil constriction.

They probably did something else too. The report says they found heroin with the mom.

Its very sad these 2 have children and had to turn to such harsh drugs for comfort. It makesyou wonder what kind of social network they have around them that someone couldn't be there to help them :-(

Dialated pupils that would not constrict to light? Possession of heroin?

Doesn't make sense unless they shot some coke first.

my thoughts exactly. The story makes it sound like they were both in the same bathroom as well kinda odd.

This story contradicts itself. It says they shot Heroin but had dilated pupils that wouldn't constrict in the light. It should be the other way round, right? I've never used Heroin before but I'm a Dihydrocodeine user and that causes my pupils to constrict, even in the dark. Correct me if I'm wrong!

heroin causes constricted pupils, not dilated pupils. they got it backwards..

heroin causes constricted pupils, not dilated pupils. they got it backwards..

Perhaps they were dopesick? I noticed the article mentioned a prepped shot that was confiscated.
It's possible the person in question was in withdrawals & was arrested before doing there get well shot.
If that was the case they'd have large pupils. If they got caught before doing a get well shot that is.
In which case the debate about them driving is again turned up side down IMHO.
As in my experience it's much safer to drive after doing a get well shot than driving while dopesick.
It's possible they were just trying to get well to drive the kids home & were arrested in the process.
Though one of the parents should have stayed with the children & taken turns if that was the case.
Or planned for the situation better but who knows the variables involved.
I just try to avoid judging as much as possible especially when we don't know all the facts.

Regardless just wanted to point out that there's 2 sides to every story & it's possible that this is the case here as well.
I'm not taking any sides, approving or disapproving of any behavior but just wanted to point out the possibilities.
Toss out some other theories regarding the pupils & perhaps the whole situation.

Perhaps they were dopesick? I noticed the article mentioned a prepped shot that was confiscated.
It's possible the person in question was in withdrawals & was arrested before doing there get well shot.
If that was the case they'd have large pupils. If they got caught before doing a get well shot that is.
In which case the debate about them driving is again turned up side down IMHO.
As in my experience it's much safer to drive after doing a get well shot than driving while dopesick.
It's possible they were just trying to get well to drive the kids home & were arrested in the process.
Though one of the parents should have stayed with the children & taken turns if that was the case.
Or planned for the situation better but who knows the variables involved.
I just try to avoid judging as much as possible especially when we don't know all the facts.

Regardless just wanted to point out that there's 2 sides to every story & it's possible that this is the case here as well.
I'm not taking any sides, approving or disapproving of any behavior but just wanted to point out the possibilities.
Toss out some other theories regarding the pupils & perhaps the whole situation.
God it would suck to get arrested with a prepped shot on you I think I would have just IMed the bitch real quick like fuck goin to jail in withdrawl.

God it would suck to get arrested with a prepped shot on you I think I would have just IMed the bitch real quick like fuck goin to jail in withdrawl.

Or have kept the door locked until finished... Regardless though..

fucking retards. those poor children deserve real parents, not fucking stupid junkies who leave them in the car to freeze to death.

and shit as for the prepped shot, why did it take them so long to prep? youd think theyd have shot their shit already.
she could have at least just squirted the shit up her nose or her bum or something to stay well.
who cares though those people were obviously fucking dumbasses.

Just snort some to get you a bit fuzzy & drive home to do your shot.......you gotta be mental w/o brain cells to shoot up with your kids in the car.

Eh I don't see what's so bad bout this, the one driving could have just been getting out of withdrawals.

Eh I don't see what's so bad bout this, the one driving could have just been getting out of withdrawals.

lol, it's kids man. doing heroin with your kids waiting in the car? not cool at all no matter how bad withdrawals can be.