• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Police: Kids left in car while couple shot heroin on Christmas Eve

Eh I don't see what's so bad bout this, the one driving could have just been getting out of withdrawals.

It is not responsible to drive while on heroin. It is worse to drive children around when you are on heroin.
(Though I am not so offended by Lost Boys' idea of snorting a small amount in order to make it home - sometimes, driving with a small amount of drugs in your system is safer than driving without, though we could also say that even driving while withdrawing from heroin is irresponsible behavior.)

It is not responsible to be a parent with a heroin addiction. Not saying that it is impossible to have an addiction to heroin and still be a reasonably good parent (though it is probably difficult). But, while addicted to heroin (meth, etc.) your priorities will not allow you to put your children first. Your fix comes first. Parents who have such priorities cannot provide what children need safely, because children are so energy- and time-consuming that they simply demand to be first priority in a parent's life. If a parent cannot put their children first, at least for the hours that they are with them, they are not doing a good job, IMHO.

I find myself a better driver while withdrawing from heroin. There is a state of alertness so keen that it seems total.

I think one of these people didn't know how to inject themselves, hence the both of them in the bathroom at once. The one that knew how to inject went first, then must have been nodding and unable to administer the shot on the partner.

On the two syringes: how many long term heroin couples don't share syringes?

As much as I hate the parents for doing this, I also hate the person who decided to call the police because the children have been in the car for 15 minutes.

Seriously how stupid can they be, they were in the car for 15 fucking minutes!

^ I hear you on that.
One of the kids was 10 years old, and that is old enough to stay home, taking care of the 4-year old sibling, for more than 15 minutes. Safely.
(Then again, if it was a ghetto-type area, it might be more dangerous in the car.)