• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Why Am I Withdrawling? Whats Happening? Help Please?

kanyeknievel

Bluelighter
Okay so lets go back..
Ive been on Suboxone between 2-9mg a day everyday for about 6 months or 5 months not sure.
I was clean for about...idk 15weeks or so then i did 2 30s then i was clean for like 5 more weeks did opana then i was clean for like 6 or 7 weeks until this past Tues. On Tuesday I got a 75 and a 50 Fentanyl patch with I have been putting in on and off and putting some in my mouth and not and havent used it all in one day and I know its suppose to last 3 days so i kept putting them on and off as days went by.

Then Friday came along and I havent taken my suboxone and I figured my fents were basically done so I took about like 2mg or less of my sub and went to work. Then at work someone asked me if i wanted 5 bags of D, i said sure since I had Fent patches on me and summer was about over and it would be my last bender... soo what ended up happening was I took all fent I had i put them on my and in my mouth, every one that I had and I got 4 more bags I ended up doing about 6 that night and had 2 left for Saturday.

Saturday comes along and I have two bags left and the fent patches left and still on me... I am always like this and I cant just have 2 bags and not want more so I asked and i got 5 more and I did the 7 bags and kept hte patches on me and then I went to sleep and slept the whole night and slept the rest of Sunday. I THOUGHT that I took ALL of the fentanyl patches OFF of me before I went to sleep on Saturday night, so that when I got up on Sunday I could just take my Subuxone and I would be fine.. BUT i woke up to rrealize there was still a little bit on my chest, not sure how much was on it or how much was going on me but I know doing suboxone AFTER an opaite will put you into precipiated WD? so I did my suboxone and i just felt really achey and shitty the 6 or so hours I was up and it was very familar to but cause I knew what withdrawal was like and that was what it was like...
I made sure all the patches were off of me and then I did the sub and took the patch off and took kpins and xanax and smoked to sleep, i slept but it was uncomfortable and it was like a withdrawal sleep, you know where you sleep, but you dont sleep. It feels like u havent slept and uve been laying there but u actually have been sleeping.

And I didnt want to go to work today and i feel just out of it and groggy and kinda sweaty and hot and I have taken my Suboxone and have plenty of suboxone to take.. I dont know whats happening. The suboxone should make me feel fine, since the last time I did any opiates in snorting form was on Saturday night and the patch was on my Sunday night, but that was a few days old.

So what is happening? What should I do? Should I wait till later today to take more sub? Is there a chance that when I tore off the Fentanyl patches that the black gummy stuff stayed on and is still like putting fentanyl into me and when I took my sub its causing me to withdrawal that way? Ive done pills before then slept and taken sub and been fine before, this hasnt happened and it sucks. I feel bad for doing this in the first place.

But what should I do? Should I make sure all of that black stuff, that could be left over fent from being ripped off from the patch, is off of me and take my sub? Or should I continue to take more of my Sub, gradually little by little through-out today?

Thanks, if someone can explain whats happening that would be great. I just dont understand why I am withdrawaling, only reason i can think is from that one smaller patch was still on me and possibly the stuff left from the patches are still on me.

EDIT: Also I have a small bit of a fentanyl patch I just found, is there any use for this? Would taking suboxone now the putting that in my gums, mouth work and help me for today?

Last edited:
Can you elaborate? Why am I in PW and howcome the suboxone isnt helping.. isnt that why the suboxone is here? for witdrawal or did i take suboxone at the wrong time

Am in PW from the suboxone after the Fent? Why am I in it? It started last night when I took the Suboxone right? So I've been in it since last night which has been more than 12 hours.. so it shouldnt be that long and this isnt that bad also

You are in PW bwcause the fentanyl is still clearing out of your body fat etc, into your blood.

Tough it out and wait until you're *really* withdrawing before you start eating Suboxone

You took the suboxone way too soon. PW is mildly uncomfortable for a day or two after the first hellish hours. I would recommend more suboxone, but you could also be having an alergic reaction, or could have gotten a bacteria or virus from the dope you shot.

If this continues much longer, I would see a doctor as none of us can know the particulars of your body chemistry, health history, and drug use.

Well, I took my subxone last night and during my sleep last night and this morning.. i dont feel that bad or as bad as last night or I wouldnt be at work or be doing anything.. id be laying in bed and not wanting to talk to people. I mean I feel bad... but Its not that bad.

Will this be over by tonight you guys think.. its from the fentanyl right? Also, i should make sure that all fentanyl black residue is gone right?

And Sekio, when u say *really* withdrawling.. i felt a lot worse last night though.. do you mean like when like the fetanyal is out and from all the suboxone from the past months is gone? I would think that would be tonight?

So should I not take any sub and throw this little bit of fentanyl patch away, and take the sub later tonight?

Cant really do that..

But the worst is over as you said? The first few hours are bad then the day or two after isnt bad.

Just wanted to know if there is ANY use for this fentanyl I have or if it would just complicate and make things worse.
Also, if i am in this PW and taking suboxone makes its worse.. how exactly am I to know when to take my suboxone and get back on... tonight before i go to sleep... now? When I get home? Tommorow?

I hope the answer is tonight so I can be okay to sleep and be fine for work tommrow.. hard to really do my work being uncomfortable

no, it's probably a good idea to just throw the fentanyl away.

take some more suboxone and chill the fuck out. You aren't dying, you will start to feel better gradually.

If you were wearing the fent it absorbed into your subcutaneous fat their for you need to wait much longer to administer suboxone because the fent is slowly released from your fat into your blood.

You have caused yourself a situation where the suboxone is continually fighting the fent that is still being released from your fat into your blood stream.

Its kind of like you keep taking more fent even thought you took the patches off a while a go.

Keep up the suboxone and with time you will start to feel better as the levels of bupe get high enough to completely override the fent and the fent completely leaves your body.

Don’t re-administer the fent, especially on your skin.

Again this goes along with my ongoing fent patch/ subcutaneous fat time release theory, so I could be wrong

Im sorry i just hate feeling like this especially at work and sleeping.. i know im preaching to the choir basically, but anyways...

So taking Suboxone more now will not do anymore harm, just keep taking little by little until i start to feel better and thats basically all i can do? thats basically all i want to know if taking it little by little throught today will help.

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post, just got home from work and i was reading another thread or two and saw a few posts of people saying they just took a lot of Suboxone and they felt better and were fine... I have A LOT of extra Bupe/suboxone... should i just take a high doses of suboxone today and maybe tommorow and then go back to my normal routine?

If so im not sure why this wasnt said before, the people on the other threads said it worked but some people here said not too.. i dont see why doing more suboxone and getting more bupe to override the receptors and knocking out all of the Fentanyl and then filling the receptors would make it worse..

It's all or nothing with suboxone - smaller doses will work "closer" to real opioids due to the action of norbuprenorphine, larger doses can sometimes bring side effects such as dizziness and it's useless beyond a point.

My advice: just tough it out - have a hot bath or something. Take small doses of suboxone (<1mg) when you feel shitty and you should be getting back to "normal" in a few days. Time is the bigest factor here.

It's all or nothing with suboxone - smaller doses will work "closer" to real opioids due to the action of norbuprenorphine, larger doses can sometimes bring side effects such as dizziness and it's useless beyond a point.

My advice: just tough it out - have a hot bath or something. Take small doses of suboxone (<1mg) when you feel shitty and you should be getting back to "normal" in a few days. Time is the bigest factor here.

Hmm.. so you're suggesting that I don't take like an 8mg suboxone or 4mg or keep taking like 2mgs or whatever throughout today? I just want to be able to like sleep and feel better tommorow.

Ive been reading and all the threads about Precipated Withdrawal people make it sound HORRIBLE. mine isnt horrible... i dont know if you guys think mine is really really bad or anything but its not..
http://www.naabt.org/documents/cows_induction_flow_sheet.pdf

on here i scored a 6.. a mild. The worst was last night just feeling very drained and that not sleeping, but sleeping and stuff.

So WITH THAT in mind, will taking suboxone work or same rules apply? Since like maybe you guys all thought i was withdrawaling A LOT harder and worse than I actually am, i able to function and do everything fine. I just want to go back to where i was, sleep and go to work and be okay. no hot/cold flashes, be able to sleep, be able to work fine, and the biggest deal is i feel more out of it... and i have depersonalization and thats the worst part or one of the worst to me.

You've been binging on opiates man, you're going to feel like shit for a while. That's the way of the world.

The longer you wait for all the fentanyl to clear out of your system, the more effective suboxone will be.

well i mean the fentanyl on me was old and prob didnt have much on it left, but still.. i dont think there is much left cause i dont feel that bad.. just everyones telling me one thing or another i dont know whether or not to take more sub or not yet.

taking more suboxone will not hurt (provided you don't OD yourself), it just might not be as effective as if you didn't have full-agonists in your system.

taking more suboxone will not hurt (provided you don't OD yourself), it just might not be as effective as if you didn't have full-agonists in your system.
Lmao that basically has been the answer i've been looking for this whole time if taking more suboxone will do harm, and if i can take it.
I know the limits and i dont think u can OD on sub... since their is a ceiling effect i believe at 32mg?

Thank you for that finally haha

you CAN overdose on it. I would recommend 16mg max, if that doesn't help, you need to wait longer.

you CAN overdose on it. I would recommend 16mg max, if that doesn't help, you need to wait longer.

Really? even if you've been taking 6mg-10mg the past couple months? Didnt know that, how do you know if you are gonna over-dose on that.. wouldn't you feel like fucked up from the agnostic effects or does that not happen while ur in PW?