Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelighters????

p3

Bluelighter
Well i was at a rave on the weekend, walking around and talking to people as you do..
i was talking to some guys outside when one of them started asking me dodgy questions like so what are you on, how long you been taking stuff etc..
i started to get a bit sus and said mate are you a cop. He said no...i used to be a bluelighter.
At this stage he was going to introduce me to other bluelighters but i just walked off..
Can anyone tell me what the go is. I know about this site and all but is it really that big a deal to go around saying you are a bluelighter..
Sorry but that kind of weirded me out...

This person you met was probably just a friendly person that wanted to introduce you to some more friendly people. You probably freaked him out just as much by turning and walking off...
A lot of people who join this board do so in order to meet new like minded people. And the only way to know who's a bluelighter and who's not is to ask them. It's no big deal. Personally I don't run around trying to meet new people off bluelight anymore, but a couple of years ago I did and it's resulted in me now having a large group of really good new friends.
Bluelight is different things to different people. Some people (I assume like yourself) just use it to find out about stuff and share knowledge. Others use it as a social tool as well, but keep it purely online. And others want to take the friendships they've found through the computer and experience them in the real world too.
Don't let it freak you out too much, but yeah, nobody can blame you for just walking off - not everyone wants to meet people off the internet, and it never hurts to be paranoid... :)

was talking to some guys outside when one of them started asking me dodgy questions like so what are you on, how long you been taking stuff etc..
I don't know how it is in Aus, but those seem like fairly standard questions to ask someone at a party/club/rave. Probably he was just making conversation.

p3: Welcome to the Jungle.
When I am out, I avoid asking people what they have had. But when I am peaking, the question still gets blurted out occassionally. Don't be too alarmed. In that environment people have a tendancy to say the first thing that comes to their head.
As 4 BL. I have been to a number of events now for the last 18 months and have been using bluelight for 17 of those. I have rarely attended meetups, the last one I did attend were the Bluelight awards last year. I very rarely mention bluelight when I am out. I have generally considered Bluelight a resource, not a Meet-market. But things may change. :)

It's not that big of a deal. Some people like to find other Bluelight posters to discuss drugs with as a subject of conversation or to ask questions or whatever. It's kinda a social aspect.
BigTrancer :)
[ 02 December 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Even in a drug induced state you can tell if the person your talking to is also drug induced.
I remember one time i was at a rave and was off chops and a bloke came up to me and asked how i was doing, i replied with "great" and he continued to show me his mobile and make me read the names off it, claiming he was too "off chops" to read them.
I got a tad wierded out then i looked at his face and instantly new this bloke was indeed off chops, and we ended up talking for a good 30 mins about all sorts of crazy shit.
Then another time a lady, looking quite out of place (as the way she was dressed) came up to me and asked me wot i was on (straight away, nothing else said) and i looked at her and just said "v drink" and walked off, later i found out that a lady with a very similar description was reported to be an undercover cop
So just be aware, be sensible and be safe, but try not to get to freaked out if someone is a bit over friendly or random, chances are you might make a new rave/party buddy :D
Peace!

cool, i guess i may have been a bit paranoid.. i was just a bit freaked out and thought i might find out if there was role bluelighters played, if it meant anything etc... Thanx for the advice.
[ 02 December 2002: Message edited by: p3 ]

Dear p3, Bluelight is an integral part of most Australian police force databases.....and anyone who thinks contary is a fool. Bluelight light, as with pill reports, provides the cops with drug distribution trends and secondly persons that appear well connected or who may be able to provide info on, drug distribution networks. Remember, the cops spend heaps of time and effort into infiltrating/monitoring drug networks. Bluelight could possibly, make the ground
work much more easier for the cops.
I hate fucking scaring people, as it may turn them away from this harm minisation site, but basically what I am trying to say is this......don’t tell anyone who you don’t know and trust about your drug taking habits........undercover cops
may try to gain your confidence at party’s/raves by being nice and friendly, trust me I have seen cop moles put on Oscar performances...their ultimate fucking goal is to screw you and hopefully you spill your guts.....they move further up the distribution network.
Be wary, I am parnoid!

If he was indeed undercover, I don't think he can arrest you for being smashed. He'd have to wait till you admitted to possesing a prohibited substance. Or he may ask you who you scored off from. If paranoid, ask him if he is affiliated with any law enforcement agency and perhaps ask him to show you his id and just explain calmly that you are a bit paranoid and that you are there to have a great night out and not to assist some cop in a bust.
Hehe for all we know, Bluelight is probably owned and hosted by the FEDS. Haha.
That website that you joined to warn you on your mobile if there are any sniffer dogs in your vicinity - I've always suspected that to be purposely set up to identify who the dealers are.

Something I learnt a little while ago which everyone probably already knows, but helps to reassure me...
If a cop comes & starts talking to you, and you are suspicious, ask if they are a cop. They cannot say no, because it is then entrapment.
If anyone in the whole world comes up to me, gorgeous guy, wickedly-dressed chick WHATEVER. I am 'high on life'. A 'normal' person might get pissed off at me, because they realise that I think they could be a cop (and yeah I s'pose it could be insulting), but I would rather piss someone off than be picked up by the boys. Even if they aren't a cop, what if the person standing near you that overhears is!!
Yes yes I am paranoid but I would rather be safe than sorry.

If a cop comes & starts talking to you, and you are suspicious, ask if they are a cop. They cannot say no, because it is then entrapment.
Hmm.. :) In all the major police investigations that go on, and the amount of work undercover cops do to provide evidence for cases etc...
I bet you when undercover cops have been asked if they are cops by paranoid wrongdoers, I'm sure the cops often answer NO.
I don't think that this will necessarily inhibit their case. whats the point of being an undercover cop if your cover will automatically be blown by one simple question.
PS: Everywhere there are rules, but who in life always follows rules? :)

yeah i agree, i wouldnt tell anyone my bluelight nick unless i knew them, i think this site goes a lot more noticed that the average green/bluelighter thinks...
I know cops post on here, if i were a cop, id go here, its the best place to see whats goin round... Its a sad state of affairs really i think...

Originally posted by yes_please:

how on earth is it entrapment? they aren't entrapping you into anything.
as long as they can prove/show the elements of your crime (without becoming culpable in that crim themself, or procuring it), thats enough...
how the fuck do you think undercover cops work.. why don't all dealers ask anyone they talk to or deal with "are you a cop?" and then they can't lie! duh.

Originally posted by yes_please:
[QB]Something I learnt a little while ago which everyone probably already knows, but helps to reassure me...
QB]
the only thing at an event they can really get you for is actual possession. in WA they can search anyone they 'reasonable grounds to suspect (has drugs)' though which ain't good... if you look fucked, they can easily use that as their reasonable grounds and search/detain you lawfully.
[ 04 December 2002: Message edited by: Euphorik ]

Originally posted by mel david:
If he was indeed undercover, I don't think he can arrest you for being smashed.
no, but he can search you for looking smashed.

Never believe a cop has to tell you anything... especially if he undercover.
Never trust an ID. They will be provided with some very good fakes... The fact that they ARE the real thing just with the made up details will make it very hard to pick.
Unfortunately it is very hard to trust anyone...
If you put yourself in a situation you can be busted you deserve to get busted. I did. I learned.
If you go out off your chops they can't bust you for that. If you are off your chops and you are in possesion you could be searched and then busted.
Just use common sense and keep nothing in your possesion. Get your shit... Take it... Don't drive... and you should be fairly safe with the law. If you carry shit around, especially while off your nut you are asking to get caught.

Hmmm.. well you learn something new every day. Thanks.
Euphorik. Can you see what is written under my name. That means I have not posted on this site much before. Thanks heaps for encouraging me to share my opinion. I was disillusioned in thinking this site was to share opinions and educate each other! :)

Read these threads:
How much info are you giving out?
Guide to getting raided
They are worth reading... I will find the other couple and add them in a minute
posted by Exx Head Here
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entrapment
Entrapment occurs when the government induces a person to commit a crime and then tries to punish the person for committing it. However, if a judge or jury believes that a suspect was predisposed to commit the crime anyway, the suspect may be found guilty even if a government agent suggested the crime and helped the defendant to commit it. Entrapment defenses are therefore especially difficult for defendants with prior convictions for the same type of crime
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are out looking for drugs and a cop sells them to you and busts you, it is not entrapment. Generally entrapment entails the police/government luring you into something you wouldn't do had they not. Difficult to prove, but it does happen.
Once again: A policeman DOES NOT have to tell you he is a policeman if you ask, and your buying drugs from an undercover is NOT entrapment.
Posted by EXX Head - Click gere to see thread.
I can't be bothered finding the rest. Just search around you'll find things.
[ 04 December 2002: Message edited by: SumHiFlyingFucka ]