• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Bluelighters????

Hmm... One time at a club, a guy I suspected was undercover asked me if I wanted to buy some Smileys. Imports he said they were. He might have been expecting me to say, "No thanks mate. I'm fine, I've got Pink Panthers." In which case he could then arrest me. Eek.
[ 04 December 2002: Message edited by: mel david ]

One time at a club, a guy I suspected was undercover asked me if I wanted to buy some Smileys
If you are unsure of whether the guy offering you stuff is a cop or not and for some reason u're buying in a club (which is certainly not ideal) ...
I would at least make sure that the guy whose offering is "off his chops" first.
Otherwise you could be playing with fire :)

Whenever you buy anything from anyone you risk being caught. Be it by an undercover, or some other way.
Nobody here knows how to spot an undercover. Most people use stupid stereotypes like assuming they're middleage white guys that can't dance and use bad slang. Cops aren't fucking stupid, and you all know they read bluelight. It wouldn't be hard to pick up on the way drug users talk, and then learn how to do it themselves. And there are plenty of cops that look just like "us".
This mentality is as bad as the people that assume all arabs are terrorists. It's totally ignorant.
Just be carefull ALL the time, becasue there's a good chance the cop will be the guy you least suspect, and the daggy guy who you think is undercover is really just a daggy guy trying to have fun at a party.

How will a undercover cop make his eyes 8-ball ? :) Thats always a good sign to look for

Quiet you! :)
Besides, who buys from people on the street.. pssht.
Its dangerous not only from risk of being caught by undercover cops, but the best stuff usually is not sold at clubs. Usually its the crap stuff! :)

Could Pleo or BT please close this thread or archive it under paranoid delusions. All this is simply guess work and fear.
As an older, folicly challenged, non-native Australian I hear the question "are you a cop" more often than most and frankly (since I was jumping bolloxed 'round fields whilst most of you were still in short pants) find it quite insulting. I might add that Asutralia is most definetly the only place in the world I have encountered such paranoid people.
As Pleo states above you are mainly playing to the fears of stereotypes. But I also find it a bit arrogant.
Undercover operations cost an awful lot of money and are subsequently aimed at dealers and those higher up the food chain. Do you honestly think that they are going to target some wee raver who might have a couple of pills in their pocket. As long as you are not dealing ie 'hey mate want a pill' then for gods sake smile, be friendly. If you can't shot the breeze about being off your face at a party then where the hell else can you?

All this is simply guess work and fear
then goes on to say...
Undercover operations cost an awful lot of money and are subsequently aimed at dealers and those higher up the food chain. Do you honestly think that they are going to target some wee raver who might have a couple of pills in their pocket.
Umm - that sounds like guess work to me. I KNOW undercovers operate at a lower than "big dealer level". Anyone who thinks otherwise is just kidding themselves, or has a complex regarding being called a cop :)
By the way, are you?
*grin*

Cops NEED us petty pill buyers etc. we are the ones that keep the demand up allowing cops to make big busts. So all you paranoid ppl out there...no, your phone is not bugged (unless of course you do more then pop a pill on the weekends) and no, the next guy that offers you to buy a pill at a rave is NOT a cop. As if an undercover cop will sell a pill to some little raver and then go "aha, got you...i'm actually a cop in civilian clothes! you are under arrest now!!!" wtf? On the other hand if someone comes up and asks to BUY pills, the story is different for OBVIOUS reasons.
The police know they will never stomp out the end user, because we simply like it too much. If there's demand, there will always be supply. So they must realise they will never stomp out production/import either. So the next best thing is to
a. make busts and get good cred for it
b. take payouts/make deals etc. and then make selective busts
Either of those scenarios NEEDS us end users to "keep up the good work".

oh shut up, all of you...
This started out as a thread with some merit, i.e. that caution should practiced in the scene, and that the words "I'm a Bluelighter" are not a guarentee for trust.
But alas it has turned to shit now that everyone and their dog has chimed in with "the facts" about law enforcement in this country.
SHUT UP! None of you know, and those that do know aren't talking *big wave to the real police*.
Enough with the guesses and broad generalisations. Australia is a huge country, or rather it's a collection of states, each with their own systems. What goes for Victoria does not apply for Queensland, and vice versa, and same even for different cities within the same state.
In some states police DO start investigations from the bottom up, busting the lowest of the low, the retail purchaser, and working up from there. In other places they concentrate on the higher levels, but usually they find these by, once again, monitoring the average user. Sometimes, in the very same states, they will switch around and do the opposite, if there is political pressure.
All of the above has happened, and will happen again. Right now the chances of being busted buying a pill at an event in Melbourne are low, and the chances in Perth might be high. And all of this could change, and everything has it's time under the sun.
Just use commonsense. And, as we keep saying here at Bluelight: if you don't know then please do us all a favour and shut the fuck up. :)

^ Yup.
Thread Closed.
This thread has been closed because it has lost focus on the original topic.
If you have anything further to add on the subject of the original topic, please email me at [email protected] to arrange this.
BigTrancer :)
[FormoEd: Close Off-Topic Thread]