View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Methoxetamine Subthread] Combinations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I very much enjoy the cannabis n mxe combo. I would not mxe without it, in a similar way to dxm. Indicas are my preference as they help relax the body. Sativas are good to perk up the psychedelic effects. I usually pre-roll 5 nice joints or so before hand and then smoke them in stages, so a joint lasts about and hour. This extends the trip and adds greater comfort and intensity. I have notices import hash effects mxe in a much milder way to seedless varieties. I am a daily smoker.

Whether that's "severely bad" is subjective, and that might be why Fixed reacted like that, but it's a bit of an overreaction to call you a troll, you're just summarising a commonly reported experience.

You do sometimes use severely emotional turns of phrase, DH ;)

It's cool, I certainly understand a shocked skeptical reaction when someone reports an effect that does note jive with ones own experience/impression.

And yea I know I "sometimes use severely emotional turns of phrase." I do it because I just like to write with impact and, um VERVE! I know it sometimes causes counter-reactions but I am usually prepared for that. It's my way of touching people physically via the ether, haha.

What can I say, I'm just a hack!

I very much enjoy the cannabis n mxe combo. I would not mxe without it, in a similar way to dxm. Indicas are my preference as they help relax the body. Sativas are good to perk up the psychedelic effects. I usually pre-roll 5 nice joints or so before hand and then smoke them in stages, so a joint lasts about and hour. This extends the trip and adds greater comfort and intensity. I have notices import hash effects mxe in a much milder way to seedless varieties. I am a daily smoker.

Thanks alot for the input.

So apparently the effect is pretty idiosyncratic, i.e., highly variable between individuals. Maybe there is a strong influence of the dose range of MXE used, less bad interaction in lower ranges, more often seen in medium - higher ranges one would normally expect.

Anyway the message is: "Proceed With Caution! YMMV"

I think it may well be MXE dose-dependent, when I had my own frightening experience I'd done probably 150mg of MXE over the night. Quite a lot but spread out over a few hours. I was in control of myself, having a great time, until I toked (two puffs on a joint), minutes later the psychological shit hit the fan followed by mad heart rate.

That's not to say it was all bad, it was an amazing spiritual experience, but my ego was in pieces and I was quite worried about my heart for a while.

amt +mxe is a pretty special combination, though i havent really tried mxe a ton, this combination seemed a lot better than either alone.

amt is a great time, sort of like (minorly) psychedelic 12-hour mdma. with mxe i thought the psychedelic aspect was brought out a lot more, and it felt a lot like a very productive therapy session. sort of like a candyflip, though pretty different obviously. i could work through a lot of the problems i am having currently, and still feel upbeat, could really analyze myself.

i also felt a lot more energized than i usually do on just amt. a couple of times i noticed myself cleaning up the house, so that was probably the manic aspect of the mxe.

now a few days later i still feel pretty upbeat, my brain even feels in great shape. this is sort of bizarre but i feel like i am in my brain is actually firing better than before.. i also feel happier, more confident, am having better ideas and feel cleverer than usual.
this is probably just the afterglow or something but hey w/e ill take it.

i took a 57-60 dose of amt, and two 20-25 doses of mxe throughout the day, one as i was coming up on amt, and one much later.

So far I've only done MXE and DPT, and cannabis with MXE.

the MXE+DPT combo is always a win, and I feel it can make the DPT experience overall more pleasant, even in higher doses.

Now with cannabis + MXE, the dose-response curve is steep and dependent on the individual. The frightful effects some have experienced, and what I have personally experienced, reminds me of the "overdose" effects from consuming too much JWH-x.

Oddly, I've had one of my most profound and amazing experiences when combining cannabis and MXE, although the cannabis was consumed towards the tail-end of a 160mg oral dose and only in small quantities. The euphoria was akin to smoking methamphetamine without any of the stimulation and while retaining all of the dissociated psychological and emotional aspects that I love about MXE.

I plan to try a very small quantity of oral cannabis with MXE in the near future to see if I can re-create that experience, because it would be worth it entirely.

I would mix only with tryptamines, phenethylamines, cannabinioids and nitrous. All these mdma like stuff seems risky with MXE. Also SSRI is risky, at least with DXM.

About the bolded part. I've had no problems with SSRI's (escitalopram) and MXE whatsoever. I've used 15 mg escitalopram with MXE, no ill effects. I'm now quitting escitalopram though due to it's side effects and I think I don't need it anymore anyway. It will be interesting to see if MXE affects me any differently when I'm off the SSRI. I doubt it though, since MXE has worked like a charm for me (I've tripped my balls off on tryptamines while on 15 mg escitalopram too, so maybe it's an individual thing for me but SSRI's seem to have little effect on many other drugs in my case).

So don't take this as a general guideline, but from my experience, SSRI's and MXE is no problem. Still, I find it hard to believe anyone on escitalopram would encounter any dangers when using MXE. DXM is a totally different thing. But then again, we're not talking DXM here.

Last edited:
try 2-dpmp mxe and am-2201 i became time its self i could cast the futura off my finger tips could see energy alsorts of mad stuff forgot the gram of mesketamine i cut the mxe with

Last edited:
SWIM is going to get his hands on some of this substance. As he is also in possession of few other psychoactive substances, he would like to know if he has the proper knowledge about its effects and especially possible health concerns when combined with:
MXE + MAO-I = possibly deadly
MXE + SSRI = Dunno? (SWIM isnt it on SSRI's but one of his friends is)
MXE + 2C-E/P = ok?
MXE + Mushrooms/4-HO-MET/4-AcO-DMT = ok?
MXE + AM-2201 = ??
MXE + Methylone = ok?
MXE + MDAI = possibly dangerous?
MXE + DOC = ??
MXE + Nitrous = ok?

MXE + MAO-I = potentially dangerous
MXE + SSRI = lessens the mxe effects
MXE + 2C-E/P = quite insane, a sitter is actually pretty required for this=D
MXE + Mushrooms/4-HO-MET/4-AcO-DMT = YAY !!!
MXE + AM-2201 = just burn weed:|
MXE + Methylone = made my <3 hurt
MXE + MDAI = your pupils will never be bigger than this:D
MXE + DOC = pretty similar to combining with 2C-xxx
MXE + Nitrous = BEST COMBO EVER!!!!!....EVER

i've read conflicting things on MXE with SSRIs. i've read somewhere it doesn't affect it at all, but in the above post it says it does. the pharmacology of MXE doesn't imply a diminished trip, but pharmacology at large is too complex to know anything about it. can anyone shed some light on this?

MXE + Nitrous = BEST COMBO EVER!!!!!....EVER

This combination is almost certainly more toxic than the sum of it's parts. Ketamine + N2O has already been demonstrated to have much greater incidence of Onley's lesions in rats, and there is reason to believe that the combination possesses additional mechanisms of toxicity in humans as well, even of it does not produce Onley's lesions in us.

With methoxetamine, there is also the potential for additional interaction on nicotenic acetylcholine receptors and ligand gated ion channels as well, although this is likely secondary in severity to the multi-mechanism interaction at NMDA receptors. I definitely would not recommend this combination if you value the long-term health of your brain.

Umm.... MDMA and "these mdma like stuff" (e.g., Methhylone???) ARE in fact phenethylamines, FYI.

Sure, but it's not like that really matters when it comes to pharmacological interactions. 2C's and DOx's possess neither the monoamine releasing properties that "these mdma like stuff" possess, nor the competitive inhibition of dopamine reuptake etc. that is characteristic of many enactogenic chemicals and their metabolites.

And certainly the combo of MXE with MDMA has given multiple people reporting in BL very very bad scary effects, and I would expect Methlone and other 2C's (all ohenethylamines) to be similarly dangerous.

Though perhaps not in extreme moderation (small small amounts). Dont recall seeing ANY reports combining MXE and methylone, but it sounds risky to me.

There are several reports of MXE + Methylone producing severely negative interactions. The combination seems to be more commonly adverse than MXE + MDMA in fact.

MXE + AM-2201 = just burn weed:|

Why it's always that people suggest you to smoke weed if someone want to try synthesized cannabinoids. I find those to be unique by them self (just like different 4-aco/ho/etc. tryptamines have their unique properties), so that I sometimes prefer synthesized one. There are some cannabinoids that are anxious free and some are very psychedelic, but when it comes to weed you never know is it going to be crazy anxiety inducing sativa or care free indica, except if you know the strain, but even then its not always sure.

^ Hell no. Read the threads on MXE. Several people, all with lots of experience and regular pot smokers have posted about excessively strong effects smoking weed while on methoxetamine. Look it up, perhaps more in the Big & Dandy Methoxetamine topic than here. Or just wait, I'm sure some will chime in here. I was skeptical at first too but too many have written about it for it not to be a real issue.
If I didn't have pot, I wouldn't dose MXE, it makes the experience so much better every time.

i've read conflicting things on MXE with SSRIs. i've read somewhere it doesn't affect it at all, but in the above post it says it does. the pharmacology of MXE doesn't imply a diminished trip, but pharmacology at large is too complex to know anything about it. can anyone shed some light on this?

I don't know if you missed my post on this page, but from personal experience I can say 15 mg escitalopram didn't diminish the trip. Sometimes even 10 mg of MXE kicked hard like hell, although I usually use MXE in the 20-40 mg range. I've taken 60 mg MXE on escitalopram too, and had no problems, besides having no sense of reality whatsoever 8(

If I didn't have pot, I wouldn't dose MXE, it makes the experience so much better every time.

Indeed. It's very subject when it comes to weed combinations. I see that many people like smoking cannabis on psychedelics, but for me it gives very strong anxiety -> bad bad trip.

Why it's always that people suggest you to smoke weed if someone want to try synthesized cannabinoids.
Because cannabis has an incredibly long history of human use and an unimpeachable safety record. We know next to nothing about the dangers of using synthetic cannabinoids, and there is speculation that some of them may be harmful.
/OT

Because cannabis has an incredibly long history of human use and an unimpeachable safety record. We know next to nothing about the dangers of using synthetic cannabinoids, and there is speculation that some of them may be harmful.
/OT

Yes, but it's case with almost every rc.

Yes, but it's case with almost every rc.
Synthetic cannabinoids just happen to be to most widely available rc in the world, so their harmfulness is a would be problem for much more ppl...

Status
Not open for further replies.