• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Everyday user - infrequent bowel movement concerns

Brickquick

Greenlighter
I know there was a recent thread on a similar discussion but I don have the time or patience to sift through for meaningful advice. I am a daily regular heroin user (sniffing) and despite the norm I eat normally/healthy/ and often. In a good week I'll produce 2 bowel movements but sometimes those two BM will happen within a month. Is there any serious damage this can cause? And how can I increase BM to more of a daily basis? I don't usually experience any discomfort, I'm just concerned as to where all the food I eat is going to.

Also taking a day off is not an option. I've waited til late afternoon until my first use many times specifically so I can take a dump and it has never happened and my patience where's thin so I use. I've never tried taking anything either cause I have a huge fear of negative reaction from taking medication when using. Any info would be greatly appreciated

mod note: please edit your posts if you have more information to add rather than making a new one

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brickquick.

Here is the mega thread from Healthy Living regarding opiate constipation.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=238637

I think it will be the best option for the health concern aspects that you are inquiring about.

Taking 2 bms a month is not safe. You can develop a fecal impaction that can require surgery. If you are unwilling to stop taking opiates, and healthy eating (lots of fiber) plus exercise, is not helping, then you should probably take a laxative. This won't cause a negative reaction from mixing meds, but could cause long term dependence where you can't crap without one. The same goes for natural salt water flushes and enemas.

edit:
edit: I re-read your post and saw you said that you eat normal and healthy. Try greatly increasing your fiber intake and drinking lots of water to see if that helps.

Yeah 2 BM's per month is far from healthy. Just think, anything you eat and doesn't come out is just sitting down there. Pounds and pounds of food, lol. Increase your fiber intake, drink lots of water, exercise. Also taking a stool softener such as dulcolax will help soften the mass in your intestines. Not crapping for weeks can cause serious complications.. Fecal impaction is FAR FROM FUN and embarassing when you go to the ER because you haven't shit for a month. I had the problem of constipation during the first 6 months I was on methadone.. It was horrible. Luckily my body got more used to the 'done and some changes in diet really helped.

Also taking a day off is not an option. I've waited til late afternoon until my first use many times specifically so I can take a dump and it has never happened and my patience where's thin so I use. I've never tried taking anything either cause I have a huge fear of negative reaction from taking medication when using. Any info would be greatly appreciated

I understand you like to get high an I sympathize but this is your health and taking 24 hours off so you can take a shit is most certainly an option man.

I understand you like to get high an I sympathize but this is your health and taking 24 hours off so you can take a shit is most certainly an option man.

Good point man. If you cannot make it 24 hours without dosing, especially so you can take a proper dump, i think you need to seriously re-think where your life is headed. Withdrawal will surely make your bowels ready to run a marathon. It would be worth it in my opinion. I used to skip my methadone for a couple days so I would be able to drop the kids off at the pool in a timely fashion. If increased fiber, exercise and laxative/stool softeners do not work, then you are basically shit outta luck. Pun Intended.

you'd be doing yourself a service going into withdrawal enabling you to take a dump. it's so worth it, i've been there before. 2 shits per months is definitely not healthy at all. it's probably worth discussing with your doctor no matter how embarrassing the situation.

all the information on the diet regime and exercising is spot on as well.

Indeed.

Opiate constipation sucks, from what I can tell, your body does get used to it, but only very slightly so. Drink water, lots and lots of water, take a few days off methadone, drink a nice big cup of black coffee your second day off 'done, and then drink some more water.

Be close to a toilet and be prepared to feel a lot better afterwords.

If that doesn't work, you will need to talk to your doctor.

ah yes! coffee! it's a diuretic and will help pump that dump out. light up a cig and sip a coffee and you'll be running to the throne in no time!

and don't force it out, you'll rip yourself a new one.

^The OP is a heroin user. I was just using my methadone use as an example. The theory holds true still obviously, but just saying.

Thanks guys I bought some sennakot which I'll take tonight. I guess I should clear a day of cold sweats vomiting and shitting so I can get back to "normal"

ah gotcha now;) my post snuck in before his.

all this talk of poop makes leftwing go something something...

brickquick - i'm not lying, it will be an excruciating time going through the wd's but the relief of having that crap will make it all worth it. you could even try taking a smaller amount of your dose so your wd's are more manageable but so you're still able to have a bowel movement.

I remember the constipation, and man, it was almost enough to turn me off from opiates altogether. But now, I rarely ever experience constipation anymore, and I'm not using any less frequently than before. If anything, I am using more frequently than before.

just wait it out one day man youll feel so much better after itll be like a whole new drug for you. I never realized how uncomfortable i would get from not shitting until i held off and got cleared out. youll feel all nimble and shit.

Milk of Magnesia works wonders!

I used to think it wouldn't be strong enough, as for awhile I used stimulant laxatives (which can really give stomach craps and don't feel very healthy).

But when I tried it, it worked like a charm! And with no side effects.

I'm dopesick every morning, so I take a dump automatically. Perhaps you can make it 10 years of heavy use like me, than your tolerance will be so high that the 6 hours you sleep will be enough to make you go into w/d.

Went and bought some sennocot first night taking it so hoping to have an hour lOng Stanley steamer Tom. I'll be up around 8. Gonna try to hold off my first dose as long as possible after reading all your posts. Using small doses doesn't help, it's like once the drug is in me at any amount shitting is not happening for 24 hrs. But thanks y'all for your input I really really appreciate it.

P.S. I love my morning coffee and smoke so I'm actually looking forward to waking up and NOT sniffin my lines so I can take the most relieveing dump of my adulthood. Haha

I have the same problem, i am an everyday user of a pretty heavy amount of oxy and i may go a week without a BM but yet i eat 3 meals a day. My friend takes a stool softener and never has any problems, me on the other hand and some friends have what i call rabbit shit. Where it comes out in little nuggets. I also notice another thing. I dont EVER get, have, or had acne, but when you have so much shit built up in ur body u LITERALLY feel shitty, your complexion starts to look bad, and who knows what else. All those toxins in ur waste shouldnt be in our bodies that long and the ONLY TIME i will or would say this EVER is that i wouldnt say i like, but im happy when i do get the first steps of dope sick and shit my brains out and get ALL that crap out. Pun intended.