• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Everyday user - infrequent bowel movement concerns

i managed to mess up my shoulder in a motorcycle accident 6 months ago and have been on pain meds since. i've found that 4 tablespoons of chia seeds with 4 tablespoons of hemp protein mixed with water until it's like oatmeal or grits once a day helps alot. i had spells of 4 days without a bm and it was giving me headaches but since i started the above i regular as they say. it's not a bad tasting mix and is a good source of protein and fiber. i suggest it even if you do not have problems being regular. also drink more fluids, like water, not beer. 2 bms a month is so strange to me i do not know what to think.

Not that I recommend more drug use, but for me personally, every time I am using MDPV or amphetamine, and coke too (rarely), it seems the stimulants speed up my system on all fronts.. Sometimes I will vape a nice hit of MDPV and like instantly have to crap.. And this is on 75mg methadone daily. Pretty nice actually.

Lol

I think fiber choice is the way to go. Mmm, and it tastes so good. At least for me waiting until I am in WDs isn't really the way to go, the majority of the time I get so many other side effects its really not worth it, unless you plan on actually quitting. Good luck.

Edit: Personal experience, I guess. I also don't eat any meals most days, so I prob. dont have much to "back up." Sorry for suggesting something that could make you worse! Hopefully you didn't try it. :\

Last edited:
^Once one is already backed up, fiber suppliments, laxative, and fibrous food is NOT the thing to take. I will get the exact science behind it and edit this post, but bulk building laxatives and fiber and stuff will just increase the mass of your stool and could potentially lead to fecal impaction.

There were studies done comparing people with opiod induced constipation to normal individuals. They found that fiber made basically NO difference in the frequency or ease of passing their stools, unless their diets were incredibly fiber deficient.

The best thing is a stool softener such as dulcolax, in combination with a small dose of astimulant laxative. This way your bowels/colon will absorb more liquid and soften your stool. The stimulant laxative will help get your system going, and hopefully due to your now softened stool passing it will be easier.

Here's what you do: it's important to get Senna-S and not plain Senna. Plain Senna is jut a laxative, but Senna-S is a combination of a Senokot which is a laxative, and the "S" portion is a stool softener called docusate which will help. If after 24 hours you don't see any relief, try getting one of those bottles of liquid magnesium citrate and pound the whole bottle (118 ml) follwed by 8 oz water. Try that or some Miralax. That should do the trick. But the magnesium citrate liquid should definitely help wonders along with the Senna-S.

If the Senna isn't doing it, try taking 10 mg of bisacodyl (brand name Dulcolax) along with docusate, and then drink the 118 ml of magnesium citrate. Some people who are undergoing colonoscopies are instructed to drink two 118 bottles of the magnesium citrate.

And also drink plenty of water; coffee and some nicotine can help too. And BrokedownPalace was right, don't take fiber or any type of bulking agents, this can make you situation worse and lead to an impacted bowel which will seriously fuck your day up.

And temporarily laying of the dope and going through mini WD is definintely a good idea to get your bowels moving. Won't be pleasant, but I'd take some minor WDs over an impacted bowel any day of the week.

Then there's always Taco Bell...

Last edited: