Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Deja Vu and Nitrous Oxide

cancle

Bluelighter
Ok,
Have any of you hard-core nang heads out there experienced any negative or unpleasant, long-lasting(possibly permanent) effects from nitrous?
Although we never got into nitrous that much, some of my friends, to this day(it's been 4 months since we have used Nitrous), experience a quite unplasant sensation of Deja Vu at random times. Apparently the frequency of these Deja Vus increase after smoking Salvia.
Is this some kind of permanent brain damage cuased by NMDA receptor inhibitors. I have only had this sensation once. It is not a normal deja vu type thing, it's almost like nanging, but not as intense. It seems to be some sort of short-lasting chemical imbalance in the brain or some kind of brief brain fuck-up. I've got no idea. I just wanted to check if anyone else out there knows what I'm talking about.

[Edit: That is not cool. Post deleted. BigTrancer]
[ 03 April 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

Yup I hear you. I rarely ever do nitrous now. I had a couple of instances where it just didn't sit well in my mind, and there was an increadible feeling of wrongness about it all. For a long time after I would periodically get wierd almost nang state type 'flashes' that were quite unpleasent.

Hey Guys,
Used Nitrous a fair bit. Up to 40 nangs in one night at one stage. Never had any negative effects from them ever...
Maybe I'm just lucky..
Zer0ne.

I've never experienced the deja vu you describe any long period of time after nitrous, although while it's still around in your system it does increase the frequency of deja vu occuring for sure, especially if you have done lots. It was with toast if i recall correctly, we'd done about 9 boxes and i was making toast about 2 hours after we had our last bulb and the toast popped up 3 times, i though that was pretty freaky (but normally associated with N2O) but later i was walking to the toilet (past the toaster) and some toast popped up and then when i get it there was no toast there.... is this what your talking about?
(All others were asleep, although i have the suspicion that all my friends are toast klepto-somnambulists ;)
vvvvvvvvv LOL :) :) :)
[ 03 April 2002: Message edited by: Tabernacle ]
[ 03 April 2002: Message edited by: Tabernacle ]

So... you mean chronic use of nitrous oxide leads to people stealing your toast?
BigTrancer ;)

IMHO...bulbs suck more than a hoover
I've seen people go to REALLY nasty places in their "bulb-land" (or whatever)...when they come out, it's fucking obvious that they are scared shitless, but still use them. :(
I've also seen people get really nasty and territorial when it comes to bulbs...ie, will snatch bulbs from people's hands when they think that there are only a couple left...
for fucks sake, it's a 6 buck box of whipped cream makers!!!
I've had a few bulbs in the past, and have been really indifferent about them. I've never had bulb associated "deja vu", never had a "nang loop", it's only hurt my vocal cords, given me a headached and made me feel sick...doesn't that sound like fun????? 8) I also believe that in certain cases, having a bulb when on a pill can place a really negative slant on the experience, especially if the bulb experience was less than cool...ewwww
But.,..to each their own!!! lots of people like bulbs/nangs, just not me!!!
One thing i have to say tho...having nitrous out of a tank through a regulator mask is ok occasionally...it's MUCH more mellower, and people look much less like wankers when they are on it. It's much more sociable as well...ie, you can still communicate, etc.
[ 03 April 2002: Message edited by: samadhi ]

cancle:
That should be a big hint right there...
if u read back in the archives u will find a thread like this one, which will probably hold all the answers u need, i guess ppl cant be bothered writting their post twice, and i guess i cant blame them.
Zer0ne...
man, does this look like a competition board??
read the forum guidelines and mini faq.
pfffft.

ive never heard of people suffereing from de-ja-vu off of nangs before,
could happen, but yeah, maby its triggered by the setting they are in??

Thanks Guys.(except for SirLSD, man I wish I knew what he said.)
Um..Yeah, I've seen people have some pretty rough times on a bit of the old nangaroosies. I had my fun and I'm over it. Whenever I see people sucking down that gas, I just feel sorry for them.
The thing I hate about nitrous is that it fucks up your 3 seconde involountary instant recall memory. I hate having to go 'Dude...did you just say that or did I make it up?'
Anyone else?

cancle, my post was off topic, no help to you.
BT, come on! what was wrong with that?
how about...
[Edit: How about NO. For fucks sake, if I delete your post, DO NOT put it back up, or your right to do so will be removed. You're breaking the #1 rule of Bluelight. BigTrancer]
[ 04 April 2002: Message edited by: BigTrancer ]

hmm, as I was saying before my computer rudely decided it had had enought for the day (damn crappy old no good doing crappy crap!!), Cancle, you don't have to feel sorry for us. I have a wicked time sucking down the odd nitrous bulb. No negative effects to date, although I don't really consider myself a hardcore nang head. Like everything, it should only be taken in moderation. I also hyperventilate before inhaling nitrous to up the levels of oxygen in my brain, cos sucking down nitrous means you are not sucking down oxygen, which ofcourse is vital for brain function. Probably not such an issue with bulbs as opposed to tanks though. If you are sucking down more than one bulb, make sure you get some oxygen into ya between each lungfull of nitrous. Lack of oxygen can cause permanent brain damage or death. I have noticed that since I started hyperventilating, I rarely get a headache from nitrous.
I think I know what you mean by the three second memory loss. Sometimes when I down some nitrous, I might hear a loud noise, but then I'm not sure whether I actually heard the noise or imagined it! Kinda weird but I suppose that comes with being momentarily wasted.

I also hyperventilate before inhaling nitrous to up the levels of oxygen in my brain, cos sucking down nitrous means you are not sucking down oxygen, which ofcourse is vital for brain function.
I thought that starved the brain of oxygen. Now I'm not sure. Anyway I guess we may have had brain damage before. Maybe someday some of you poor souls will know what I'm talking about.

Hyperventilating is the excessive exposure of oxygen to the lungs therefore causing rapid loss of carbon dioxide in the blood.
Whether or not this is good with nitrous or not is another question tho.

ok, obviousely no one took my advice otherwise no one would be askign these questions.. :/ im not here to guide u to the exact spot, but instead of always asking questions on bluelight, rather a search ?
Im getting a high dose of de ja vu here because it seems i have read all this not very logn ago.
Im sure u will find it in the archives if u ARE lookign for an answer...
danslave: havnt u ever heard of the re-occuring nang loop?
there are so many things nangs cause your brain to do...
I also read in a newspaper not long ago, (which was also discussed on bluelight)
about how a lady in the u.s.a was using bulbs for recreational use almost every day, averaging about 10-40 boxes.
After a few months she had lost all her feelings in her toes and lower legs, not including how much dis-orientated and mass brain damage.
I cannot be quoted on this information as i have not read up on it recently, but i will if it is needed.

Cupid^^...Man, I like, searched both drug discssion archive and the current drug discussion forum and found nothing.
I know about the problems with nervous systems and the shiznat. Impotence happens as well.

Cupid^^, I've also tried a search with little luck. Please post the location of these synonomous threads.
About hyperventilation, I found this:
"This kind of breathing, called hyperventilation, occurs when we take quick, shallow breaths from the top of our chest."
"It's important to understand the role of carbon dioxide in helping to ensure the efficient utilization of oxygen in the body. When we breathe too fast," Lewis explains, "we reduce the level of carbon dioxide in our blood below its optimum level. This reduced level of carbon dioxide causes the arteries, including the carotid artery going to the brain, to constrict, thus reducing the flow of blood throughout the body. When this occurs, no matter how much oxygen we may breathe into our lungs, our brain and body will experience a shortage of oxygen"
Hmm, maybe hyperventilating is the wrong term for what i do. I take three or four deep breaths before downing the nitrous. Whether this actually helps, I don't know. Maybe just as a placebo.

Originally posted by CuPiD^^:
I also read in a newspaper not long ago, (which was also discussed on bluelight)
about how a lady in the u.s.a was using bulbs for recreational use almost every day, averaging about 10-40 boxes.
After a few months she had lost all her feelings in her toes and lower legs, not including how much dis-orientated and mass brain damage.
I cannot be quoted on this information as i have not read up on it recently, but i will if it is needed.

For memory, it was discussed on bluelight.
Check erowid for it's nitrous contents... there should be some reference to this woman and one other case (a male engineering student). Again for memory, the woman suffered no brain damage, and did eventually recover months later. Both she and the engineering student were doing a massive amount of nangs.
Also check out the bluelight nitrous FAQ in the FAQ section.