• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Urban myths about meth

fryingsquirrel

Bluelighter
Inspired by the bug spray=meth thread. Have any of you heard any of these? I post sometimes on a meth cooking site and many there are familiar with these, but I'm curious how widespread these are.

Salt blocks (for cattle) containing ephedrine or pseudo ephedrine.

Something called chicken scratch (some sort of feed additive) containing either ephedrine or amphetamine sulphate. The amphetamine sulphate one seemed credible when I first heard it because the guy who told it to me likely doesn't have a clue why amphetamine is usually made as the sulphate.

Electric pole transformers containing p2p.

Ice being made with gun blueing, charcoal, thread, buried in an ice chest, ect, ect.

Something called chicken scratch (some sort of feed additive) containing either ephedrine or amphetamine sulphate. The amphetamine sulphate one seemed credible when I first heard it because the guy who told it to me likely doesn't have a clue why amphetamine is usually made as the sulphate.

Ice being made with gun blueing, charcoal, thread, buried in an ice chest, ect, ect.

1. No
2. No
3. No way
4. No

You (the layman with no access to a lab/Aldrich's chemical bin) can't easily cook methamphetamine from anything but pseudoephedrine, really, and that's pushing it already.

There's no meth hidden in chicken feed, it can't be made easily with household precursors, and the same goes for getting stuff like P2P. Even if you do extract or manufacture something out of them you're not going to get tasty tasty amphetamines.

Shake and bake meth is already pushing the bounds of practicality.

No, P2P is phenyl-2-propanone and is used to cook (meth)amphetamine. MDMA and MDA need MDP2P, methylenedioxyphenyl-2-propanone. The two can't be interconverted either.

1. No
2. No
3. No way
4. No

You (the layman with no access to a lab/Aldrich's chemical bin) can't easily cook methamphetamine from anything but pseudoephedrine, really, and that's pushing it already.

There's no meth hidden in chicken feed, it can't be made easily with household precursors, and the same goes for getting stuff like P2P. Even if you do extract or manufacture something out of them you're not going to get tasty tasty amphetamines.

Shake and bake meth is already pushing the bounds of practicality.
LOL, I wasn't asking if these were true, just if you had heard them. I know they are nonsensse, that was my point.

I herd of the p2p myth. Good thing thats all it is otherwise my whole block would be dark lol

The myth about meth crystallising inside your lungs still seems to be going strong.

Someone asked me about it the other day!

^ Same here! I told him it doesnt and he claims it does. He said the same thing bout menthol cigs to. Nice guy tho lol

I wonder did the p2p thing start when someone misremembered hearing about PCBs in transformers...

I wonder did the p2p thing start when someone misremembered hearing about PCBs in transformers...
Hadn't thought of that, but sounds plausible. I think these were deliberate disinformation by cooks in the pre-internet days when everyone and his brother didn't know how to make the shit.

Inspired by the bug spray=meth thread. Have any of you heard any of these? I post sometimes on a meth cooking site and many there are familiar with these, but I'm curious how widespread these are.

i've pretty much heard them all.

The myth about meth crystallising inside your lungs still seems to be going strong.

Someone asked me about it the other day!

yeah i hear that bullshit whenever the subject of meth comes up.

my high school's sex and drug education said that was true, as well as a bunch of of other bullshit.

I hear getting pure P2P is very hard to run across.
I watch a show called Breaking Bad where they had to steal a huge barrel of it to go another route to make their meth because they couldn't get enough pseudoephedrine.

They stole methylamine in Breaking Bad.

P2P is essentially unavailible, same as phenylacetic acid, unless you're getting it under the supervsision of the DEA for a legit chemical purpose. Shit is locked down tight.