• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Music and cocaine?

Siccness909

Bluelighter
Does coke have a effect on music when ur coked out? I havent snorted for awhile so im jus wondering...does music sound diffrently like how weed does...any1 recommendend songs

How old are you?

If you really wanna have a laugh, go 80's!! coke and 80's themed clubs is always fun!!
Think Blue Monday, and you spin me round!

If you wanna go hard, chuck on hardcore trance...

I'm not a fan of either of the genres but I find on coke, I can really enjoy it, but only in a Bob Marley when your really stoned kind of way...

Some Clash is always the best route though!!

O alright thts cool, trance is alright to me wrn im stoned so on coke it shouldnt b to bad haha and im 19

19? Definitely go with trance, if you can enjoy it when your stoned you'll fucking love it when your high on the white stuff, get the nastiest stuff you can, like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ736KTYkSo

Also you should try a little expansion, think 70's punk definitely recommend The Clash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSl0w5Cqj-Y

Or some early metal, black sabbath....maybe Guns and Roses, or just stick with the greatest of all time...The Rolling Stones!!

I like it quiet when I do coke so I can hear the cops if they try to sneak up on me.

Way later on in the night with coke, when you are railing it often just to keep up with the mental demand, is when music starts to sound amazing. I have parts of a coke high where I thought I was on an entactogen because I felt so much love!

I would say no.

Meth has always made music much more awe inspiring, psychedelics also, but not cocaine IME.

i love some good rock when i'm blowing down.

try some steely dan, j.j. cale, the band, the rolling stones, etc.

I would say no.

Meth has always made music much more awe inspiring, psychedelics also, but not cocaine IME.

Woah woah woah!! lol!

Coke was huge in the music scene, Sid Vicious learnt to play the guitar thanks to coke, Bowie, Clapton, Springsteen They all had there phases of course but...well the 80's in general really, and 90's everyone was on it!

Heroin made some of the best music ever written/recorded/sung and psychedelics changed the face of the music industry more than any other substance, everything stems back to Acid and weed, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Stones... progressing into metal, grunge, indie.
Everyone alive today likes some kind of music that is a direct descendant of either someone high on pot, or chucking something in their veins..
Bizzarely awesome isn't it!

I haven't done coke in years, but Ayo for Yayo by Andre Nickatina was my favorite song to rack lines to. I think I listened to it almost every time I did blow.

Chorus:
Ayo for yayo
Walkin' 'round with yayo
All in my nasal
I musta' been craze yo

Music is awful on cocaine. YMMV. Cocaine & crack are horrible. And this is coming from a hardcore drug addict, who has tried everything - though I'm not proud.

Coke gets me all agitated when it comes to making decisions. Especially with regards to what music to listen to.

The only thing I ever wanna do on coke is take more coke.

Coke was huge in the music scene, Sid Vicious learnt to play the guitar thanks to coke, Bowie, Clapton, Springsteen They all had there phases of course but...

Heroin made some of the best music ever written/recorded/sung

everything stems back to Acid and weed, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Stones...

Springsteen did blow? i did not know that, i didn't think he was one to do drugs at all let alone hard drugs like cocaine. we know Clapton did(one of his most well known songs is "Cocaine" which is awsome). David Bowie's cocaine use isn't very well known(i was suprised to see you mention him), but according to friends at the time he recorded "Station to Station" he was almost always in a state of cocaine psychosis and overdosed several times. The Thin White Duke liked to snort thin white lines lol.

also Sid Vicious played bass(not guitar) and learned on amphetamine(not coke) one night while playing along to a Ramones record.

heroin did help make some of the best music(The Velvet Underground, Nirvana, among others). unfortunately a lot of the musicians who made such great music on smack also ended up dying from it(Janis Joplin, Sid Vicious, the list goes on).

and true, it does all stem down from acid and weed. but you forgot to list Jimi Hendrix(who managed to become the best guitarist ever while on acid), The Doors(who would Jim Morrison be without psychedelic drugs?) and The Grateful Dead.

where would musicians be without drugs? i'm a successful musician and if i hadn't heard Hendrix's psychedelic masterpiece "Voodoo Child" while stoned and decide to pick up a guitar i likely wouldn't be where i am today.

the first time i went to a Motley Crue concert i had like 2.5 grams of blow and 7 or 8 quaaludes(for when i ran out of coke i could keep the fun going). that was a fun night, i just wish i could remember more of it.

however after i kicked my massive cocaine addiction($1000+ every 5 days, sometimes shooting it with heroin/"speedballing") i moved to amphetamine pills which i find much better.

Meh it just makes music slightly better.... only SLIGHTLY!

i'd say cocaine makes music much more fun but LSD, mescaline, morning glory seeds, shrooms, MDMA/MDA, amphetamines, quaaludes, and heroin are even better while listening to music.

i used to be severely addicted to coke but now i don't care to much for it anymore. i prefer amphetamines(from Dexedrine to crystal meth), downers(quaaludes, barbs, even strong benzos), psychedelics, and opiates(heroin is best, but oxy's are also lovely) these days.

Springsteen did blow? i did not know that, i didn't think he was one to do drugs at all let alone hard drugs like cocaine. we know Clapton did(one of his most well known songs is "Cocaine" which is awsome). David Bowie's cocaine use isn't very well known(i was suprised to see you mention him), but according to friends at the time he recorded "Station to Station" he was almost always in a state of cocaine psychosis and overdosed several times. The Thin White Duke liked to snort thin white lines lol.

also Sid Vicious played bass(not guitar) and learned on amphetamine(not coke) one night while playing along to a Ramones record.

heroin did help make some of the best music(The Velvet Underground, Nirvana, among others). unfortunately a lot of the musicians who made such great music on smack also ended up dying from it(Janis Joplin, Sid Vicious, the list goes on).

and true, it does all stem down from acid and weed. but you forgot to list Jimi Hendrix(who managed to become the best guitarist ever while on acid), The Doors(who would Jim Morrison be without psychedelic drugs?) and The Grateful Dead.

where would musicians be without drugs? i'm a successful musician and if i hadn't heard Hendrix's psychedelic masterpiece "Voodoo Child" while stoned and decide to pick up a guitar i likely wouldn't be where i am today.

Springsteen, I'm not sure if he ever took it, I mean he would of here and there no doubt, but a lot of his stuff comes from the world of coke, weather he did it or not, it was certainly in his music!

Vicious..was it amphetamines? My bad! I know it was bass, just not everyone knows the diff so I wanted to be broad. He would of done coke though no doubt about it! Surely?!

Bowie was def on the blow...Some of his earlier stuff is so far out there, and less of a psychedelic feel..How could you create something like the laughing Gnome and be sober?? That stuff comes from being up for days! I know he was on the smack, but didn't he use coke to come off it?

I missed out a lot, Hendrix of course is amazing, Morrison to me was more heroin, it's his later stuff I preferred, when he moved away from the acid years..

That period between LSD and heroin, too me is where my heart lives '65 to '75. Joy division's 'Unknown Pleasures' 'Velvet underground & Nico' and of course....'Exile on Main street' amongst many others..

So what do you play? Style wise, I've been holding out hope that it really seems that an early rock revival is coming, we're going through the ac/dc and Metallica, (not really my cup of tea) at the moment and hopefully it'll keep going down! I see the Beatles are starting to get pretty popular amongst the younger ones again, we need some bands with that raw sound, not produced for months, and mangled into modern sounds..
It seems that once we hit the millenium trends started going backwards, and with all the bollocks in the charts these days I can't blame it, fucking Take That and beiber, and people wonder why we use drugs!

Damn, you have awesome taste in music. G'n'R, Sabbath, Stones. Those are THE coke bands, only behind the one and only VAN HALEN. Motley Crue is awesome on coke as well. I really like that trance you posted, never heard anything like it.

And yeah, The Clash or Ramones are great too.

Always nice to hear :)
I was never into Van Halen, I don't know why that is, I think the music is fantastic, it helped to create the entire genre, it was the direct progression of rock and roll, the next phase in the worlds music scene, people coming if age in the early 70's needed something different, more rebellious, the beginning of the fuck the system really I suppose? Heroin was killing everyone, they turned to coke, and it really shows in their sound!!

Last edited:
Springsteen, I'm not sure if he ever took it, I mean he would of here and there no doubt, but a lot of his stuff comes from the world of coke, weather he did it or not, it was certainly in his music!

Vicious..was it amphetamines? My bad! I know it was bass, just not everyone knows the diff so I wanted to be broad. He would of done coke though no doubt about it! Surely?!

Bowie was def on the blow...Some of his earlier stuff is so far out there, and less of a psychedelic feel..How could you create something like the laughing Gnome and be sober?? That stuff comes from being up for days! I know he was on the smack, but didn't he use coke to come off it?

I missed out a lot, Hendrix of course is amazing, Morrison to me was more heroin, it's his later stuff I preferred, when he moved away from the acid years..

That period between LSD and heroin, too me is where my heart lives '65 to '75. Joy division's 'Unknown Pleasures' 'Velvet underground & Nico' and of course....'Exile on Main street' amongst many others..

So what do you play? Style wise, I've been holding out hope that it really seems that an early rock revival is coming, we're going through the ac/dc and Metallica, (not really my cup of tea) at the moment and hopefully it'll keep going down! I see the Beatles are starting to get pretty popular amongst the younger ones again, we need some bands with that raw sound, not produced for months, and mangled into modern sounds..
It seems that once we hit the millenium trends started going backwards, and with all the bollocks in the charts these days I can't blame it, fucking Take That and beiber, and people wonder why we use drugs!

i'm sure Sid Vicious used coke more than a few times, although he was more of a heroin user(he died from it). but he did use amphetamine(not cocaine) to quickly learn how to play bass.

nobody's sure if Jim Morrison actually ever did heroin, although one of the many therories on his death is that he died from a heroin overdose. the biggest thing that suggests that he could have used heroin and/or died from a heroin overdose is that his long time girlfriend used heroin and died of an overdose soon after the death of Morrison. but an autopsy was never done on Morrison's body so there was never an official cause of death(the biggest theory is heart failure, then a heroin overdose, suicide, and even murder; but the official cause of death remains unknown).

i think The Velvet Underground is one of the greatest bands ever. although one of their best and most well known songs is "Heroin" and many of their songs are about heroin, the band didn't actually use it. Lou Reed was especially quick to say that they didn't use heroin and that their songs are simply stories based on the dark side of urban culture that they'd grown up around. however due to their association with Andy Warhol's "Factory" crowd and the meaning of the song "White Light White Heat", it is likely that they used amphetamines as it was a very popular drug amoung Warhol's social circle. also on one concert video a voice can be heard between songs of somebody asking for some Tuinal(a potent barbiturate formulation common and popular back then). so The Velvets very likely used some drugs.

as for Bowie using coke to come off smack, i don't know if he ever was addicted to heroin. i've heard that "Space Oddity" is about an experience with heroin, but i don't think he was ever addicted. but he was a huge cokehead, and some of his earlier glam rock songs mention quaaludes("Rebel Rebel", and another song with the lyrics "with quaaludes and red wine").

*about the music i play: i play guitar and now i am in a successful band with a major label contract and make the money i hoped to make off rolling the dice and setting out to be a professional muscian. my band plays music that generally fits into the "alternative" catergory, with a garage rock/early punk sound with heavy inspiration from The Stooges, The Velvet Underground, The Sex Pistols, David Bowie, The Ramones; as well as classic rock bands like The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Cream, The Rolling Sones, and The Who.

we have a stripped down sound but with a more "vintage" vibe and i make use of vintage equipment(guitars, amps) and very few to no effects pedals(i only really use a fuzzbox, although sometimes i employ a wah).

also i do work as a studio guitarist and have been hired by many big names. my job when working as a studio guitarist is to play the leads and most solos to a singer or singer-songwriter who only really plays guitar for basic rhythm. so for a large fee they'd hire studio musicians to play the leads and difficult parts while they do their thing. being thats i'm pretty good at the guitar and that i'm in a successful band i get plenty of work(and money) for that and i get to work with some big names.